Thread: Mother! - The Movie

vCash

Mother! - The Movie

Saw it last night. Anyone else seen it?
    What a ****ed up mind **** that was... Jennifer Lawrence looks so damn hot though at times.

I came home and did some digging to try and understand it.. though I still don't care for the movie and the story.. It's interesting what Aronofsky was going for.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    *************Spoiler Alert*************

I have not seen the movie, but have read about the plot and symbolism behind the film,

so....

Any movie that shows a bunch of people killing a baby, and then eating it is imagery that I really just do not want to see. I know it is symbolism, but that is an image that I just don't want in my head.

Just my take. I am sure it will win Oscars. Also, Jennifer Lawrence is smoke.

vCash
    My friend, a crabby New York writer who is a film junkie (and a hardcore liberal), posted about this movie:

"I just saw the film "Mother!" and rarely has a movie ever been so genuinely awful that it has made me angry. But this movie did. Watch at your peril. And here's some piffle from The New York Times where the three principals are interviewed and the plot explained." (I am not sharing the link unless requested.)

His subsequent comments:
    "No value in any category. There's a reason that it has a Cinescore of F, which is what people say when they get out of the movie."
    "I keep thinking about this stupid movie and its conceit and stupidity refuse to stop growing in my mind."
    In response to a Domnhall Gleeson quote in an article saying it's the highlight of his career: "Now here's an actor who doesn't know when his own turd stinks."

That's all I need to know about "Mother!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Also, Jennifer Lawrence is smoke.
    You should see her in person. When they were filming "X-Men:First Class" on Jekyll Island, I bumped into her and and Zoe Kravitz out for a walk in our Historic District. She was so hot, I couldn't speak. I just said Hi and kept walking. It was like the freshman nerd bumping into the head cheerleader in the hall at school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You should see her in person. When they were filming "X-Men:First Class" on Jekyll Island, I bumped into her and and Zoe Kravitz out for a walk in our Historic District. She was so hot, I couldn't speak. I just said Hi and kept walking. It was like the freshman nerd bumping into the head cheerleader in the hall at school.
    Damn you, you lucky bastard...Zoe Kravitz is baaaad, too....

I'm sure I would've been like...

vCash
    It's all Biblical. His bleeding rib in the beginning, Adam and Eve. Two sons with one being murdered, Cain and Abel. Her son was Jesus - his body eaten is the Eucharist etc.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Damn you, you lucky bastard...Zoe Kravitz is baaaad, too....

I'm sure I would've been like...

Just put yourself out there, you never know what will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post

Just put yourself out there, you never know what will happen.
    It rubs the lotion on it's skin....

...which btw, Buffalo Bill's similar dance and quote is what Jay is referencing with his dance to "Good Bye Horses", lol.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It rubs the lotion on it's skin....

...which btw, Buffalo Bill's similar dance and quote is what Jay is referencing with his dance to "Good Bye Horses", lol.
    I wanted to post that, but it might not be allowed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    I wanted to post that, but it might not be allowed.
    The thought is what matters, lol.