Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday Hype Video

vCash
    Why does something have to be screaming or thumping to get someone excited. Great music and Bulldog football will get me excited every time. I guess I just don't feel like these videos should have to make me run through a wall. But what do I know. I'm old. So get off my lawn so I can blast my Muddy Waters in peace.

vCash
    The Blues belong to Mississippi. It's about time we used it in a vid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Why does something have to be screaming or thumping to get someone excited. Great music and Bulldog football will get me excited every time. I guess I just don't feel like these videos should have to make me run through a wall. But what do I know. I'm old. So get off my lawn so I can blast my Muddy Waters in peace.
    I'm with you. This thread reminds me of the one posted after the game Saturday telling us that we weren't excited enough after the game. Honestly, I call it maturing into a winner. If we acted like fools and tore down the goal post there would be people telling us to grow up. Now that we're not people are saying we need to. I personally like the music and I think the video editing was done well and the two together showed me that there is a new attitude and it's one of expectancy.

vCash
    I've got no problem with the music and no problem with video but together they couldn't get my hyped enough to drop a deuce.

vCash
    Wow love the music! Love the blues! Now that's a dang good production!

vCash
    I love it because I like the music and totally understand people who don't like it because they hate the music.

Well.... guess what... if you put a random 10 people in any room and play any music, some will like it and others won't

Therefore, I like that our video department is mixing it up and serving different groups of people that look at the meaning of Mississippi State football in different ways. For some that means nostalgic ways and for others it means hardcore kickass ways.

Neither are wrong. So, with this in mind, not every hype video will be for you, but that's ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    ha, the haters must be about 12.
    Yep, Muddy was more hardcore and had 10 times the "street cred" of any phony tough rapper of today

As Blind Dog Fulton, Aka Willie Brown, said in Crossroads,.......

"You got your mind made up about how everything works. How you gonna learn anything new when you KNOW everything already? Look at this old guitar here you been squeakin' on. I bet you saw this thing in a music store and bought it just because you thought it was beat up! Well you got it all wrong. Muddy Waters invented electricity"

AND....

Willie Brown: Where you from, boy?

Eugene Martone: Well, I was born in Long Island.

Willie Brown: Oh, Long Island aww shit, this is rich! Long Island: the famous 'breeding ground' for blues men! You ever been to Mississippi, Boy?
    Last edited by Spiderman; 09-21-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times