I have been complaining about Mullen since he got here. There are so many things he has done good each year and it's almost always the same. QB play is exceptional. What he did with Relf was miraculous, that guy is about as much of a QB as me, and Mullen made him look good. He is an honest and good guy, we don't have issues with our players which is a relief and is a great thing if you have kids that look up to the team. We have a good and honest program.

But always the same problems. FG kicker, nothing to say about this, we all know. Most years we are playing the wrong guy at RB, period. We have lost several games because of this, last year it was most obvious but it wasn't the only year it happened. Look what Aeris is doing right now, he would have been doing the same thing last year from the first game on if not for Holloway. Time clock management issues, throwing the ball all over the field when we should be running, never challenging calls, etc. Same stuff. It has driven me nuts for 8 years.

But, something is different this year. We are clicking, he has the team fired up and is doing everything right. He actually milked the clock in the 2nd half last week, first time I've seen that since he's been here. Defense played with a fire under their ass without all the BS tackling crap and letting the other team back into the game.

I have to think this ole miss stuff is off his back, I think it was much more a detriment as a head coach than any of us can know. He looks like a different person this year, and the team is feeding off of it. I will stand by my complaints for the last 8 years, I saw what I saw each year. However, what I'm seeing right now is what I always thought Mullen could do if he got rid of those other issues. We look incredible. What we did to LSU was criminal, a legit SEC beatdown. There are only a handful of teams in this country that could do that to them, Orgeron or not.

Bottom line is for me, I love what I'm seeing. This is serious football. I always wondered if Mullen had the complete package because of the other issues, but so far this year, it's perfection. Just keep doing what we are doing. If we can keep things up like this I want to think we are on the first part of the next era of Mullen as a coach and not the end of anything.