Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ole Miss Fans are so Nonsensical & Dramatic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    There is a trend among some Ole Miss fans and their fan media to respond to any dissenting opinion with the most absurd possible reply they can muster. When fans do it I just shake my head but when their media does this, I just cannot wrap my head around rational humans being so stupid. Examples:

Opinion- "Hugh Freeze sure doesn't seem to be genuine"
    Response- "Why do you hate and attack Christianity?"

Opinion- "It is odd Tunsil's family picked up and moved to a much bigger house in Oxford"
    Response- "Why are you racist and don't think black people can afford things"

Opinion- "Voting to switch the mascot to the Landshark is funny because that was a SNL skit"
    Response- "Why do you disrespect deceased army vets?

Opinion- "Jeff Simmons seems like a good kid who made a mistake and deserves a second chance"
    Response- "So you condone men beating women"

I could keep going but you catch my drift. They take the most extreme, ridiculous stance to anything that isn't red and blue koolaide and paint whoever says it as a terrible human. And again, I'm not talking some anonymous fan on twitter, I'm talking people credentialed by Kyle Campbell and sit in the media room at Vaught Hemingway.
    this all sounds familiar.... hmmmmmmm?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    To my defense I said I'm probably getting some details wrong. I still stand by my statement that he's a hero. Anyone who serves in our armed forces is imo
    I am not disagreeing with you that he is not a hero. Anyone who has served in combat is.

vCash
    Nah, not all of us are heroes. I served 28 years and met many who were not. They may have served, but they weren't a hero. Fein was probably like many former war time vets, an adrenalin junky.
    And after football, when he couldn't get that adrenalin high, he turned to drugs. In his case opiods and Xanax. He was likely a great guy, and battled some monsters. But he was just a guy in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klc90 View Post
    Nah, not all of us are heroes. I served 28 years and met many who were not. They may have served, but they weren't a hero. Fein was probably like many former war time vets, an adrenalin junky.
    And after football, when he couldn't get that adrenalin high, he turned to drugs. In his case opiods and Xanax. He was likely a great guy, and battled some monsters. But he was just a guy in the end.
    Quality take here. Good job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I still haven't gotten my arm around how joking about a landshark mascot disrespects a deceased service member. I'm sure some Ole Miss fan could enlighten me. Zv2 maybe?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    They're known for lawyers and "journalists"...enough said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And who says brainwashing doesn't work.
    It generationa of family passing on Syphilis to the next generation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Ole Miss fans, in their attacks on Steve Robertson, call him a drug addict. Could you imagine the response if State fans, while responding to Rebels defending the landshark, pointed out that Tony Fein died of a drug overdose?
    For the record I am not advocating this because I am not a shitty human being and I hate seeing drugs ruin lives.
    It would be impossible to be part of a fan base that is as irrational as they are as a whole.
    Heard Mr Not A Fan made reference to Steve's drug related history the other day on twitter. It's amazing that these people are credentialed to be a part of anything, much less as someone credentialed for the purpose of communicating news to the public. And he uses his platform for stuff like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It generationa of family passing on Syphilis to the next generation.
    I'm almost starting to believe it is something like. Syphilis, inbreeding something because that bunch is some of the most psychotic, neurotic and irrational people I've ever seen!

vCash
    They are the Antifas and Libertards of all of college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    They are the Antifas and Libertards of all of college football.
    What gave it away? The protests after Obama was elected?

Their administration may be, but the student body is the opposite of "libertards and antifas". I'm only guessing here, but I suspect that, politically, there's a lot of common ground between you and OM people.

vCash
    Actually Tony Fein was a veteran that played for TSUN and died a few years ago from a drug over dose.