Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Fans are so Nonsensical & Dramatic

vCash

Ole Miss Fans are so Nonsensical & Dramatic

There is a trend among some Ole Miss fans and their fan media to respond to any dissenting opinion with the most absurd possible reply they can muster. When fans do it I just shake my head but when their media does this, I just cannot wrap my head around rational humans being so stupid. Examples:

Opinion- "Hugh Freeze sure doesn't seem to be genuine"
    Response- "Why do you hate and attack Christianity?"

Opinion- "It is odd Tunsil's family picked up and moved to a much bigger house in Oxford"
    Response- "Why are you racist and don't think black people can afford things"

Opinion- "Voting to switch the mascot to the Landshark is funny because that was a SNL skit"
    Response- "Why do you disrespect deceased army vets?

Opinion- "Jeff Simmons seems like a good kid who made a mistake and deserves a second chance"
    Response- "So you condone men beating women"

I could keep going but you catch my drift. They take the most extreme, ridiculous stance to anything that isn't red and blue koolaide and paint whoever says it as a terrible human. And again, I'm not talking some anonymous fan on twitter, I'm talking people credentialed by Kyle Campbell and sit in the media room at Vaught Hemingway.

vCash
    They're card carrying idiots.

vCash
    And who says brainwashing doesn't work.

vCash
    They are gaslighting you. Hold on to your truth and reality and allow them to have theirs. Maintain your own serenity. You will never convince them because they are not interested in being convinced.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    They are gaslighting you. Hold on to your truth and reality and allow them to have theirs. Maintain your own serenity. You will never convince them because they are not interested in being convinced.
    The crazy thing is the sane ones are few and far between. The majority guzzle whatever yancy pours down their throat. Even if it doesn't come directly from yancy they all have the same warped reality.

vCash
    Oh I'm good and I typically chose not to engage in it. But you read Dan Wolken's mentions for example. It's full of the 3rd example I gave. It's fine to disagree with someone. You don't even have to like him. Whatever. But the jump to "you hate dead soldiers (I.e. Tony Fein)" is so crazy words cannot explain.

vCash
    They're snowflakes. *** Well, they are coordinated and know exactly what they are doing so they ain't the snowflakes. Their readership that buys every word they say as the gospel are the 'snowflakes', and they are capitalizing off them. It's up to us to know the truth, laugh at them and point out when they are shitbirds.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    And the congregation said amen!

vCash
    In my observations they seem particularly quick to play the race card. Not just in response to the their football troubles, but pretty much any kind of criticism. I think it's projection.

vCash
    I don't know these Ole Miss fans of which you speak. There were some "band-wagoneers" around here for awhile. They seem to be growing more scarce around these parts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    There is a trend among some Ole Miss fans and their fan media to respond to any dissenting opinion with the most absurd possible reply they can muster. When fans do it I just shake my head but when their media does this, I just cannot wrap my head around rational humans being so stupid. Examples:

Opinion- "It is odd Tunsil's family picked up and moved to a much bigger house in Oxford"

Opinion- "Voting to switch the mascot to the Landshark is funny because that was a SNL skit"

Opinion- "Jeff Simmons seems like a good kid who made a mistake and deserves a second chance"

I could keep going but you catch my drift. They take the most extreme, ridiculous stance to anything that isn't red and blue koolaide and paint whoever says it as a terrible human. And again, I'm not talking some anonymous fan on twitter, I'm talking people credentialed by Kyle Campbell and sit in the media room at Vaught Hemingway.
    I don't understand the above statement. What?

vCash
    Ole Miss fans, in their attacks on Steve Robertson, call him a drug addict. Could you imagine the response if State fans, while responding to Rebels defending the landshark, pointed out that Tony Fein died of a drug overdose?
    For the record I am not advocating this because I am not a shitty human being and I hate seeing drugs ruin lives.
    It would be impossible to be part of a fan base that is as irrational as they are as a whole.

vCash

Because if they dont turn it on you for saying it, they see it as a self admission that they support a religiously hypocritical, athlete exploiting, shallow, sore recruiting loser of a school.

Its the only way to deflect what they know is true. They supported a weak snake oil salesman. They bought a family for the services of their son. They have abandoned their traditions for a comedy skit joke and they cant understand why they get the kids that jump out of windows and we get the real difference maker.

To sum it up, they know their all out plan just wasnt worth the price they are about to pay.

vCash
    It's a straw man tactic
    LFC YNWA

vCash

Re

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    George Carlin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I don't understand the above statement. What?
    Tony Fein who played for Ole Miss is the first person to throw up the landshark for them on defense. It was in the 08 Florida game I think. The one they beat Tebow and he had the famous presser where he cried. Fein went on to join some branch of the armed forces and die in combat. He's a damn hero. Not many people outside of hardcore OM fans know that story and I'm probably messing up a detail or 2. So, if you criticize the Landshark jesture or the Landshark as a mascot, you hate the armed forces and are disrespecting the memory of a deceased veteran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Because if they dont turn it on you for saying it, they see it as a self admission that they support a religiously hypocritical, athlete exploiting, shallow, sore recruiting loser of a school.

Its the only way to deflect what they know is true. They supported a weak snake oil salesman. They bought a family for the services of their son. They have abandoned their traditions for a comedy skit joke and they cant understand why they get the kids that jump out of windows and we get the real difference maker.

To sum it up, they know their all out plan just wasnt worth the price they are about to pay.

"You use your mouth better than a $20 whore."

vCash
    Fein went on to join some branch of the armed forces and die in combat.
    Not quite.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4540735

http://www.djournal.com/sports/coron...b257a78ed.html
    Last edited by Barkman Turner Overdrive; 09-20-2017 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Ole Miss fans have been doing this my entire life. It's why I refrain from talking sports with them unless they are female.

vCash
    To my defense I said I'm probably getting some details wrong. I still stand by my statement that he's a hero. Anyone who serves in our armed forces is imo