Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Convention Speakers - Heard Anybody Great?

vCash

OT - Convention Speakers - Heard Anybody Great?

Our trade association's annual conference is in Toronto next April and it's time to find a great keynote speaker. In the past, we have had Robert ONeill, Laura Ingraham, Capt Sullenberger, and Gov. Scott Walker. About $ 50,000 is the budget.

Elite Dawgs - any suggestions based on your experience?

Thanks.

vCash
    This guy spoke to MSU insurance day a while back. I heard him speak and he is good.

http://www.iloveairforceone.com/history/pilots/tillman/

vCash
    Also Skip Bertman. i heard him speak and is great.

Rocky Bleier is another one I have heard and is a great speaker.

Dave Dravecky I have also heard him speak and is great.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-20-2017 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Ron Polk!

vCash
    Heard Ricky Williams once, that dude was outstanding. No helmet on his head, no slang, no nothing. Smart, eloquent, wore a suit. I was thoroughly impressed. But that was before the ganja island or whatever.

All I was thinking, though, was Run Ricky Run. I hated that day! That chant just got under my skin for some reason. JJ had a better first half than Ricky, but that second half it was all Ricky.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Heard Ricky Williams once, that dude was outstanding. No helmet on his head, no slang, no nothing. Smart, eloquent, wore a suit. I was thoroughly impressed. But that was before the ganja island or whatever.

All I was thinking, though, was Run Ricky Run. I hated that day! That chant just got under my skin for some reason. JJ had a better first half than Ricky, but that second half it was all Ricky.
    Yep, OT but that was a miserable day. Cold and dreary and they ran out of every food item before the second half even started. I was one hungry miserable 8 year old.

vCash
    Tom Morris was one of my favorite speakers I've ever heard. He talks about the 7 C's of success. It was definitely interesting.
    Last edited by stalkingpoon; 09-20-2017 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    If it is technology and/or management related, Jim Goodnight is lights out.
    https://www.sas.com/en_us/company-in...goodnight.html
    Last edited by Dawgtini; 09-20-2017 at 02:28 PM.

vCash
    ??? Bill Buckley ????? FCA

vCash
    It depends some on the intended audience. I've liked Gary Vaynerchuck in the keynote setting, especially on the sales side, but wouldn't fit all audiences.

vCash
    I know the perfect one.

Leslie Edwin Miles

He came and spoke at a church in my city recently, so I know he is out there doing engagements. Unfortunately I couldn't get a ticket. Everybody I know who went said he was great.

vCash
    Jim Morris from "The Rookie" movie

vCash
    It sort of depends on the audience. I go to the SuperComputing conference every year, and there have been some excellent speakers. Michio Kaku was probably one of my favorite keynote speakers over the past 13 years. Alan Alda was also another great speaker. No idea what their costs are, but it's well worth it!

The reason that I say it "sort of" depends on the audience, Alan Alda was the Keynote at SC one year. You'd have to think an actor wouldn't relate well to a bunch of supercomputing dorks, but you'd be wrong. It was a very well received and rated talk. He's very good.

vCash
    I've heard Dickie V and he was fantastic. Got to chat with him the night before during Stansburys last year. Fun conversation.

vCash
    My company puts on events and I went to our big event once. We had Walter Bond (former NBA player) and he was very good.

vCash
    the only logical choice would be Ken Bone.

vCash

vCash
    Hugh is available***

vCash
    Holtz is a very good motivational speaker- even with the lisp. Assuming he is still around and speaking, former moonshot boss Gene Kranz is also very good: "Failure is not an option."

vCash
    I've heard tony dungy speak and i would gladly hear him speak again.