Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message to the board...

Banned
    vCash

Message to the board...

posters that want to engage in promoting the idea of Dan Mullen leaving MSU are what I call half fans. You aren't in it all the way and you have a permanent loser mentality. You are probably a secret fan of Alabama, LSU, Auburn or Georgia. You'd never admit that on this board but you soak up whichever that other team is you follow's talking points and you bring it to this board. The popular one to bring MSU fans down from their cloud right now is to make Mullen is leaving a hot topic again. This is bullshit. We have been through these talks going on eight years now. The last people that should be engaging in them is MSU fans. Don't be a half fan. Don't have a permanent loser mentality.

Dan has no better opportunity to win a national championship than here at MSU right now. Beat Bama and we're in. That is basically the last major hurdle for him. Ole Miss just went suicide and eliminated the Ole Miss problem for him for a good five years. LSU is in turmoil right now. Auburn is looking to be in turmoil right now. Arkansas wants to fire their coach as does Texas A&M. That leaves just Alabama standing in Dan's way for a birth into a playoff. He'd be an absolute moron to leave MSU anytime in the next five years.

Basically all of that is my way of saying don't talk about Dan leaving ever again. Thanks. Feel free to not respond to this message. Just read it.

vCash
    Well since it's almost always the same 2-3 posters who bring the sh^& up all the time then maybe they need to be in ED time out. Come to think about it this is they only time they show up.

vCash
    I agree. If Dan was going to leave it would have been after 2015. It didn't happen- and the reason it didn't is because he realized and now realizes that our job is better than 96% of the college football jobs out there. We're not going to get outbid and we are amassing resources and actually while we may not have the history of the blueblood SEC schools, our atmosphere and everything is competitive with everyone else.

So, bringing up Dan is going to wherever else is silly at this point. He's going to end up being our best coach in the modern era and might end up with a statue in front of the stadium.

vCash
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

vCash
    You bring back 16+ starters, add talent in skill positions, and looking at one of the best recruiting classes in MS in 2019(if 50% are for real) and with UNM down... Nah
    Last edited by SmokeyDawg; 09-20-2017 at 02:40 AM.

vCash
    Totally agree 61, needed to be said. +1

vCash
    The real problem is one of the site big wigs is one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    posters that want to engage in promoting the idea of Dan Mullen leaving MSU are what I call half fans. You aren't in it all the way and you have a permanent loser mentality. You are probably a secret fan of Alabama, LSU, Auburn or Georgia. You'd never admit that on this board but you soak up whichever that other team is you follow's talking points and you bring it to this board. The popular one to bring MSU fans down from their cloud right now is to make Mullen is leaving a hot topic again. This is bullshit. We have been through these talks going on eight years now. The last people that should be engaging in them is MSU fans. Don't be a half fan. Don't have a permanent loser mentality.

Dan has no better opportunity to win a national championship than here at MSU right now. Beat Bama and we're in. That is basically the last major hurdle for him. Ole Miss just went suicide and eliminated the Ole Miss problem for him for a good five years. LSU is in turmoil right now. Auburn is looking to be in turmoil right now. Arkansas wants to fire their coach as does Texas A&M. That leaves just Alabama standing in Dan's way for a birth into a playoff. He'd be an absolute moron to leave MSU anytime in the next five years.

Basically all of that is my way of saying don't talk about Dan leaving ever again. Thanks. Feel free to not respond to this message. Just read it.
    You're just talking about the games. What about recruiting?

Mullen should get the best of whoever he wants in Mississippi now that OM is under probation and Bowl bans. He can recruit the 2nd tier players from Louisiana who are still super talented because LSU can't take everyone and the Dak & KT factor. He can recruit the 3rd tier talent in Alabama because UA recruits nationally and Auburn can't take everyone. West and Middle TN we are in the hunt because TN can't take everyone and we are as good of a destination as Vandy. Our recruiting could be up another notch into the teens just because of the coaching turmoil at the other SEC schools.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I don't have a problem with sites and articles stating "Mullen should leave" or "Mullen is going to leave". This just means that he is being successful. It's better than the opposite of that and as long as Mullen is winning this will be the national narrative. It just will be.

What i DO have a problem with is Mullen coming out and saying "I'm not going anywhere. I LOVE Starkvile and I believe we can win everything here" when these rumors start up. Does that statement really mean anything? No. Would it make the media and fans simmer down some? .....maybe....

All we can do as a fan base and program is make is worthwhile (in terms of money, facility, and support) for him to stay. He's been here 9 years and built HIS program. He is now on the edge of a new tier here at MSU. I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.

vCash

Five years??? If the rumors and innuendo are true then they will not have a regularly competitive team for the next 10 years and if the 3rd NOA comes out (burner phones, etc) they may as well drop to Div. II

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. If Dan was going to leave it would have been after 2015. It didn't happen- and the reason it didn't is because he realized and now realizes that our job is better than 96% of the college football jobs out there. We're not going to get outbid and we are amassing resources and actually while we may not have the history of the blueblood SEC schools, our atmosphere and everything is competitive with everyone else.

So, bringing up Dan is going to wherever else is silly at this point. He's going to end up being our best coach in the modern era and might end up with a statue in front of the stadium.
    I think UM finally getting hit for all the shit they have been doing might have created more positivity in the Mullen household. I can't blame the guy for getting fed up with the Network constantly buying players out from under him and paying guys to not visit. UM was not only getting a leg up on Dan by paying players but also putting MSU at a disadvantage by paying players not to visit and with newspaper coverage. The cream is rising to the top now but I don't know if I could have waited it out myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Five years??? If the rumors and innuendo are true then they will not have a regularly competitive team for the next 10 years and if the 3rd NOA comes out (burner phones, etc) they may as well drop to Div. II
    From your keyboard to God's ear.

vCash

Wow, you just started another thread stating, in a different form, exactly what my original post said yesterday.

At no point has anyone "promoted" the idea of Mullen leaving. All anyone on this board has done is state the reasons why he should stay & how ridiculous it is that this is continually brought up, & what you've done in this thread is exactly the same thing.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    No need for yet another thread about this topic. I think this sentiment was relayed in the other threads about this topic. That being said, 100% agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think UM finally getting hit for all the shit they have been doing might have created more positivity in the Mullen household. I can't blame the guy for getting fed up with the Network constantly buying players out from under him and paying guys to not visit. UM was not only getting a leg up on Dan by paying players but also putting MSU at a disadvantage by paying players not to visit and with newspaper coverage. The cream is rising to the top now but I don't know if I could have waited it out myself.
    I think that was most of Dan's frustration. He was working his butt off only to have the bears buying recruits out from under him and screwing with everything he has been working to build. It seems like since all the stuff with the bears started coming to light he has had a renewed vigor, reborn. It's a new day!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I don't have a problem with sites and articles stating "Mullen should leave" or "Mullen is going to leave". This just means that he is being successful. It's better than the opposite of that and as long as Mullen is winning this will be the national narrative. It just will be.

What i DO have a problem with is Mullen coming out and saying "I'm not going anywhere. I LOVE Starkvile and I believe we can win everything here" when these rumors start up. Does that statement really mean anything? No. Would it make the media and fans simmer down some? .....maybe....

All we can do as a fan base and program is make is worthwhile (in terms of money, facility, and support) for him to stay. He's been here 9 years and built HIS program. He is now on the edge of a new tier here at MSU. I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.
    I've got a problem with those articles and they have no place here at ED.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think that was most of Dan's frustration. He was working his butt off only to have the bears buying recruits out from under him and screwing with everything he has been working to build. It seems like since all the stuff with the bears started coming to light he has had a renewed vigor, reborn. It's a new day!

THIS ---And it seems some of those OM gurus on their message boards would rather bring Dan down than win football games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I've got a problem with those articles and they have no place here at ED.

+1

Banned
    vCash
    Your anger should be pointed towards Mullen, not us posters. The next time he has a winning record and his name doesn't come up in every coaching vacancy, I might choose not to discuss it.

So many of you forget the 2015-2016 off-season. I get it. It's very easy to forget during the good times.

I agree about the opportunity that he has here, though (assuming he recruits some more offensive linemen for 2019 and beyond).