Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 of 4 CBS ICFB guys pick bulldogs

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.
    Herbie loves some MSU. But it blows my mind why people think Auburn is a good team.

vCash
    Athens is a little more golf clap and a little less rowdy IMO. I been to games there when GameDay was in town and it was still just meh... it'll be better than LaTech obviously, especially from a noise standpoint, but it's not like Starkville or Tiger Stadium where teams can feel the walls closing in on them.
    I'm glad someone else dosen't think Athens isn't all that from a gameday experience. I don't find anything about it intimidating. They are probably the quietest 90,000+ seat stadium in the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If our D-line plays like they did against LSU, we should dominate their OL and possibly shut their offense down. Their OL is not very good.
    Did you see Smart get asked a tough question about the OL issues yesterday? He answered the question like a dick. Evidently the OL performance is a worry for Saturday.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm glad someone else dosen't think Athens isn't all that from a gameday experience. I don't find anything about it intimidating. They are probably the quietest 90,000+ seat stadium in the SEC
    Alabama, except when they pipe in crowd noise over the upper deck loudspeakers. Anyone that has sat up there for a game, you know what I am talking about.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Did you see Smart get asked a tough question about the OL issues yesterday? He answered the question like a dick. Evidently the OL performance is a worry for Saturday.
    It should be and their weakest part of their OL is their interior line which is where Jeffrey Simmons will be. As I stated earlier if our DL plays like it did against LSU, we will shut their offense down.

vCash
    It's amazing with all the 4 and 5 stars that uga gets that their ol has been below average the last couple years.

vCash
    It should be and their weakest part of their OL is their interior line which is where Jeffrey Simmons will be. As I stated earlier if our DL plays like it did against LSU, we will shut their offense down.
    It doesn't matter how good a RB is if the Oline can't block.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's amazing with all the 4 and 5 stars that uga gets that their ol has been below average the last couple years.
    UGA, A&M, and (UF on offense) can do less with more. They all seem to get 4 and 5 stars but can't even get them to play like 3 stars whereas Dan gets 3 stars to play like 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    OL is the hardest position to get right in recruiting stars in high school and is often wrong. How can you project kids in high school that are often redshirted and often will gain 30-40 pounds to fill out? You can’t. In fact the only ones you can rank and have as sure fires are players that already weigh the 300+ like Tunsil, Little, and Robinson. Even then it’s guess work.

vCash
    OL is the hardest position to get right in recruiting stars in high school and is often wrong. How can you project kids in high school that are often redshirted and often will gain 30-40 pounds to fill out? You can’t. In fact the only ones you can rank and have as sure fires are players that already weigh the 300+ like Tunsil, Little, and Robinson. Even then it’s guess work.
    Exactly! They're the hardest for sure. Harder than qbs.

vCash
    My goodness... UGA's OL stinks, their DBs stink and the QB is green. Where o' where is Random to defend UGA's honor and all those top 10 recruiting classes?!? Don't know if I like this overconfident MSU fanbase but... and I hope it doesn't happen, if we lose the meltdown will be epic!

vCash
    Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.
    Did no one see AUB vs Mercer last wknd? They were awful! I was most worried about them among these 3 games. Now I'm leaning towards Georgia being hardest of the 3. But I still see us winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    Did no one see AUB vs Mercer last wknd? They were awful! I was most worried about them among these 3 games. Now I'm leaning towards Georgia being hardest of the 3. But I still see us winning.
    He was making the point that they've got to get things straight because they may be the only challenge to bama. They were talking about whether anyone can challenge Bama. Auburn and us were the only two Herby mentioned and they were both "maybe."

vCash
    Athens is a little more golf clap and a little less rowdy IMO. I been to games there when GameDay was in town and it was still just meh... it'll be better than LaTech obviously, especially from a noise standpoint, but it's not like Starkville or Tiger Stadium where teams can feel the walls closing in on them.
    Incorrect. Athens will be loud. It will not be golf clap.

vCash
    Agree. Watched us play Georgia "Between the Hedges" in 2011 and the atmosphere was pretty tame despite Georgia dominating the game pretty much from beginning to end. Late arriving crowd, Granted it was a 12 eastern kickoff but still no excuse for the stadium being a little more than half full at kick and for the level of crowd noise more fitting for a tennis match rather than an SEC football game. They left early too and I know it was a blowout but with all the students streaming out at half, I thought I was in Oxford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandawg View Post
    Incorrect. Athens will be loud. It will not be golf clap.
    It'll be louder than most stadiums. It's just not the same as Davis Wade or Tiger Stadium.

Just like Tennessee is loud, but it's not rowdy. There's a huge difference.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Downvote.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I don't think these Georgia fans posting smack realize that was not their fathers ND that they beat.