Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 of 4 CBS ICFB guys pick bulldogs

vCash

3 of 4 CBS ICFB guys pick bulldogs

Our bulldogs and the 4th was wavering at the end

vCash
    I think all of them picked Bulldogs.

vCash
    We are a trendy pick. If they had beaten ND last week vs two weeks ago it would go the other way. Either way, I think it's a war Saturday night.

vCash
    We're more physical than them and hit way harder. Only question is, can they do it on the road without the energy from the crowd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We're more physical than them and hit way harder. Only question is, can they do it on the road without the energy from the crowd?
    Our DL vs their OL is the biggest mis-match for either team in the game.

vCash
    Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.

vCash
    Yep. They're going to get brutalized with either a young freshman QB or a guy coming back from a knee sprain. That spells potential disaster for them. I also think we can run the football on any team in America. I've never felt that way before.

Herby just said that auburn "& maybe Mississippi State" may be the only challenge to Bama this year.
    Agree. If we can run it Saturday night, we are going places.

I bet we get a defensive score in this game.

To add: I think we may be able to run it but we'll have to run it differently than we did vs LSU. As Matt Wyatt's video showed, LSU really struggled to set the edge which allowed us to violate the outside.

My guess is that UGA will specifically prepare for that and we'll have to scheme them in a different way.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-19-2017 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think all of them picked Bulldogs.
    Nothing gets by Jack!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I think that's where playing Louisiana Tech in Ruston might help. That atmosphere was not exactly "lit". And we got down 9-0. But while Georgia will obviously be more hostile, it's at least something that our guys have a little bit of experience with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

To add: I think we may be able to run it but we'll have to run it differently than we did vs LSU. As Matt Wyatt's video showed, LSU really struggled to set the edge which allowed us to violate the outside.

My guess is that UGA will specifically prepare for that and we'll have to scheme them in a different way.
    They may do like Denver did Dallas- stack the box and make Fitz beat them throwing the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    They may do like Denver did Dallas- stack the box and make Fitz beat them throwing the ball.
    Of course they will but it is more difficult than that. LSU stacked the box as well and it didnt matter.

Additionally, Fitz's improvement in the short to intermediate passing game makes stacking the box risky.

TE may be wide open.

vCash
    Our DL vs their OL is the biggest mis-match for either team in the game.
    If our D-line plays like they did against LSU, we should dominate their OL and possibly shut their offense down. Their OL is not very good.

vCash
    I’d do that against their QB. They only want him to throw the ball 13-15 times a game and their OL is shit. Our front seven will dictate this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think that's where playing Louisiana Tech in Ruston might help. That atmosphere was not exactly "lit". And we got down 9-0. But while Georgia will obviously be more hostile, it's at least something that our guys have a little bit of experience with.
    Athens is a little more golf clap and a little less rowdy IMO. I been to games there when GameDay was in town and it was still just meh... it'll be better than LaTech obviously, especially from a noise standpoint, but it's not like Starkville or Tiger Stadium where teams can feel the walls closing in on them.

vCash

They failed to set the edge because our OL dominated them. Stewart Reese and Daryl Williams were bad asses Saturday. The improvement from Week 1 to Week 3 Reese made was the biggest jump I have seen on film of an OL in a while.

vCash
    Denver also has quite possibly one of the best CB tandems to ever play. UGA's corners are good, but they're not that good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    They failed to set the edge because our OL dominated them. Stewart Reese and Daryl Williams were bad asses Saturday. The improvement from Week 1 to Week 3 Reese made was the biggest jump I have seen on film of an OL in a while.
    Also, some of the plays in which LSU was shown not to set the edge, like the run where Aeris bounced it outside to the right and the LSU corner dove inside, were plays in which there would have been a clear hole if they had set the edge. On that play specifically, if the corner had kept better contain on the outside, Aeris had a clear hole with a lead blocker inside the RT. Which is exactly why the corner dove inside - he saw the same hole. Just a good play call, good blocking, and good vision from Aeris. Not much you can do about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Denver also has quite possibly one of the best CB tandems to ever play. UGA's corners are good, but they're not that good.
    This! The weakest part of uga defense is their secondary. Front 7 very good but the backend is suspect. Also people been stacking the box against for quite awhile now. Fitz seen it before.

vCash
    Of course they will but it is more difficult than that. LSU stacked the box as well and it didnt matter.

Additionally, Fitz's improvement in the short to intermediate passing game makes stacking the box risky.

TE may be wide open.
    It also makes TD to Mixon or Deddrick happen. A LB or safety that has been getting blocked all night doesn't notice that someone blocks and releases for a wide open pass play. If Fitz keeps developing his touch on passes then he could be the most dangerous man in college football. He already runs like Cam Newton with more top end speed. It takes 2 guys to bring him down and then he can also run by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Dallas WR never got separation the entire game. Every catch by a WR was pretty much contested. Whitten got more targets than normal just because he wasn't covered by those corners.