Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
Trying to compare HS recruiting to college recruiting...Nice.

As for as OL recruiting...who is asking for a top recruiter? Don't think anyone is asking for such...just don't actually turn kids/coaches/family off.

He has struggled getting top OL to even visit...been better but not enough. His HS OL class last year was a complete joke and wreaked of laziness.
First - I did not compare HS recruiting to college. You said HS doesn't recruit. I pointed out they do. Everybody knows it's not the same, but they are trying to identify talent and get them to play for them. It just happens to be that they are talking to the 6' 190 lbs 7th grader they think will be a great left tackle if they can convince momma to let them play instead of a 4* OL. Many times, they are still having to sweet talk mama. Or, in some cases, get them a free apartment from a booster so they are "in zone" and can play on their team.

About Hev specifically - I think he gets too much blame for a systemic failure in OL recruiting. He isn't the only one evaluating the talent and deciding who we go after, who we offer, how many we offer. He isn't the only one who decides on who we slow play and who is plan B. Mullen plays a key role in this decisions - and I'm sure others do too.