Thread: Watching the replay ....LSU Targeting

vCash

Watching the replay ....LSU Targeting

Didn't Les Miles report Dillon Day for a personal foul a couple of years ago that got him a suspension, yet LSU has not one but TWO targeting fouls? Seems much worse to me.

vCash
    Pot meet kettle. Lsu has always been dirty. The only difference this year is the refs seemed to be fair. Maybe Mullen is in cahoots with the SEC and the NCAA.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    First was was an intentional dirty play...second appeared to be a late hit where fitz's height led to the contact to the head. Either way they were the correct calls according to the rule book.

vCash
    We run the NCAA now. This rueing is some cool stuff!

vCash
    I was happy to see the refs call PI on pick plays!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Haha! I bet you were!

vCash
    Agree on this one, if you read the lsu papers like I have to they will tell you that it shouldn't have been called.

Also ogre hinted at his press conference that they would appeal the 2nd ejection, not that it matters to us.

vCash
    Les Miles sucks.

vCash
    When you chicken/helicopter arm through your route knocking two defenders out of the play, it becomes a pretty easy call. He obviously wasn't running that route to get the ball thrown to him. I thought it was hugely obvious of the intent and that call should be called 100% of the time. I really don't know why Blackledge and Tess made such a big deal about it being called. It was an easy and the right call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    When you chicken/helicopter arm through your route knocking two defenders out of the play, it becomes a pretty easy call. He obviously wasn't running that route to get the ball thrown to him. I thought it was hugely obvious of the intent and that call should be called 100% of the time. I really don't know why Blackledge and Tess made such a big deal about it being called. It was an easy and the right call.
    My exact thoughts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    Agree on this one, if you read the lsu papers like I have to they will tell you that it shouldn't have been called.

Also ogre hinted at his press conference that they would appeal the 2nd ejection, not that it matters to us.
    All I know is after they called LSU and MSU for pick plays, it did not happen again, even by "accident".

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't think there is any coincidence that both of LSU's targeting penalties happened after halftime. You know the LSU defensive coaches told them to hit Fitz during the break.

Banned
    vCash
    Both targeting calls were correct. 2nd one he is obviously flopping/trying to act like he's falling into Fitz's helmet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I don't think there is any coincidence that both of LSU's targeting penalties happened after halftime. You know the LSU defensive coaches told them to hit Fitz during the break.
    "Affect the head."
    Death penalty or bust!!!***