Thread: Rewatching the game....

vCash

Rewatching the game....

our defensive line totally dominated LSU's offensive line. Let that sink in for a minute. Our offensive line did a number on their offensive front too. Let that sink in.

vCash
    We literally dominated both los from beginning to end.

vCash
    definitely the game was won on the LOS and we controlled sides. There had been signs in the local lsu media about issues, but it was never discussed. When lsu had to start a true frosh on the OL that is a major problem.

Now we need to control the LOS the same way in the coming weeks, I think that it is doable but may be tougher at times.

vCash
    I am reminded of how good LSU is........they are studs.

We are there and that is an unbelievable compliment to MSU........we are ready, physically and coaching wise

vCash
    McLaurin and Abrams....hell all em are crazy good

vCash
    They were trying to go up tempo and we were just as fast if not faster. Our D got set as fast as there O did and they couldnt keep up as the game progressed. Strength and conditioning, folks. Strength and conditioning.

vCash
    Our depth wears them down......We were toe to toe early but watch it change.

vCash
    I rewatched the game today as well. What I found most interesting was all of the motion that LSU was using. We hardly reconfigured our D to their many motions and formations...it was like a big middle finger to the the LSU offense. Bring that shit on.

vCash
    Another comment: Fitz now vs Fitz a year ago is just totally amazing. He was a deer in the headlights last year. His decisions were slow and usually wrong. The team's body language toward him and his toward them were not good then. NOW, it's almost exactly opposite on all counts. Obviously we all know how Mullen can develop a QB and he should get a lot of credit, but so should Fitz. Things don't improve this drastically, no matter who is teaching you, without a heck of a lot of work on the part of the one being taught. Amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Another comment: Fitz now vs Fitz a year ago is just totally amazing. He was a deer in the headlights last year. His decisions were slow and usually wrong. The team's body language toward him and his toward them were not good then. NOW, it's almost exactly opposite on all counts. Obviously we all know how Mullen can develop a QB and he should get a lot of credit, but so should Fitz. Things don't improve this drastically, no matter who is teaching you, without a heck of a lot of work on the part of the one being taught. Amazing.
    He looks like Dak. Solid and calm. Very few mistakes that are easily corrected in-game

vCash
    I was very impressed with both of our fronts but especially our ol. I halfway expected our dl to have a good day but was pretty shocked at how well our ol played. I have been a huge critic of our ol over the last few years and didn't expect them to be that much better this year but they played exceptional this past weekend. They have another big test this week and I am looking forward to seeing how they handle it.

vCash
    I just re-watched the game too.

First, if any body says this is a mediocre LSU team they're full of shit. We ran with the big dogs Saturday night and beat them senseless.

The one thing that struck me was the tackling from the defense. They were wrapping dudes up like Christmas gifts!

That DL was pushing LSU's OL around like rag dolls.

Our OL opened holes and AW did the rest. AW has really good vision and that perfect burst when he needs it for that extra two or three yards.

vCash
    During August camp, I commented on the physicality of this team and it looks like it wasn't just my imagination. Let this sink in...it's the other team that runs out of gas in the 4th qtr not MSU. Historically that has been a major weakness when facing the Big Boys of the SEC. It's also amazing how tackling in this game was light years ahead of even the LA Tech game just a week ago. Instead of high chest level tackling we were tackling low or pulling down the runner like a pack of wild dogs on a doe. Great adjustment and teaching by the defensive coaching staff. Another thing that was impressive was execution. No turnovers and no killer errors by anybody including special teams. In fact, special teams deserve a big fat At'ta Boy. If we can avoid a huge mental lapse against UGA we will beat those dawgs.

vCash
    I kept seeing LSU (boards) say they were out of position. Both AW and Fitz made a ton of adjustments and took what they have them. If they set the edge hey found an inside seem. They buy on the inside we bounced out. Very fluid on changes.
    Last edited by TheDawgBiscuit; 09-18-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Mispelled