Thread: Good Analysis

vCash

Good Analysis

vCash
    It's still the offensive players job to avoid contact, too. He did not intentionally knock our defender out of the play- but he also can't run through him like he did. I personally, think the call could have gone either way. I am just glad that it went our way.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    It's still the offensive players job to avoid contact, too. He did not intentionally knock our defender out of the play- but he also can't run through him like he did. I personally, think the call could have gone either way. I am just glad that it went our way.
    Right. It was 100% obvious that it was a rub route. It was BS watching the replay of the game and watching Todd Blackledge say it was a bad call over and over, while saying the same call on Farrod Green was correct because he "didn't hide it well enough". You run a rub route, you run the risk of offensive pass interference every time. Good teams who do it a lot only get the offensive PI 10% of the time because they are more discreet about it, but the official could call it 100% of the time and be correct. Saying that the callback on the long TD was a bad call is like telling a cop you weren't speeding because you were only going 8 over the limit.

vCash
    Just like the Seahawks defense getting called for holding. They do it on almost every play so they get away with it a lot more. The "rub route" works better on the goal line because everyone is so condensed that it is easier to get away with it. On Saturday, that was the only players on that side of the field so it was more obvious. It still could go either way but the WR doesn't have the right to run right through a DB just because that might be his route. It was still a 50/50 call and I am glad something went our way for once since the 99 TD call. LSU normally gets all of the calls so it was nice for once. As close as the call was with Rod Gibson's TD, the next year LSU scored a TD without the ball so I think that evened it up. Also in 2009, Boobie scored the game winning TD the play before Lee was stopped short. As far as I am concerned, the refs owe us about 100 calls against LSU and Bama.

vCash
    There is analysis of the whole game and a lot of good stuff in the article. I don't know why everyone is only focusing on the first part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    There is analysis of the whole game and a lot of good stuff in the article. I don't know why everyone is only focusing on the first part.
    Probably because it is one of the calls that so many have latched on to and wont stop bitching about.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    The rest of the article is basically talking about how we outcoached LSU. O, Aranda, and Canada weren't even playing checkers, it was more like candyland and we were playing chess. That is one of the most dominating coaching jobs I have seen. Normally when you see a team get dominated like that it is because it is Bama playing Troy or someone like that. It normally is more due to the players than the coaches. LSU talent wise is at least equal to us if not more talented. This coaching staff just made them look like they were coaching a flag football game. Our players also played with Maximum Relentless Effort. It was amazing to see the LSU players actually give up in the 3rd quarter.

vCash
    Obvious pick play and easy call. A good rub route (which, as others have said, is still illegal and could be called) has the offensive player diverting the defensive player, not running him over. You can't do that and think you're going to get away with it.

Obvious call. Danielson is an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Obvious pick play and easy call. A good rub route (which, as others have said, is still illegal and could be called) has the offensive player diverting the defensive player, not running him over. You can't do that and think you're going to get away with it.

Was Danielson being an idiot ever in question? I have no clue how that guy still calls games.

vCash
    After Clemson won the natty on a missed called, they're looking for it. You can't run rub plays anymore.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

Danielson is an idiot. But it was Blackledge doing color on Saturday.