Thread: Noteworthy stats through 3 games...

vCash

Noteworthy stats through 3 games...

1. MSU- 47.7 ppg; Opponent- 9.3 ppg

2. MSU- 20 negative rushing yards; Opponent- 201 negative rushing yards

3. Opponent's completion percentage: 43.3%

4. Aeris Williams- 48 rush attempts with only 2 negative rushing yards

5. Nick Fitzgerald- 31 rush attempts with only 4 negative rushing yards

6. MSU- Forced 8 fumbles while recovering 2; Opponent- 0 forced fumbles.

7. MSU- 217 total offensive plays; 1 turnover and 1 sack

8. MSU's opponents are 9/41 (21%) on 3rd down conversions

9. MSU- 18 touchdowns; Opponent- 3 touchdowns

10. MSU- 18 touchdowns with 11 different players scoring.

11. Logan Cooke is averaging 45.8 yards per punt, with 0 punt return yards.

12. MSU is outscoring opponents 41-0 in the 3rd quarter (half time adjustments)

13. MSU is 6-10 on 3rd down conversions in the 3rd quarter; Opponents are 0-8 on 3rd down conversions in the 3rd quarter (half time adjustments)

14. MSU has 16 different players with a tackle for loss.

15. MSU- 8 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's

vCash
    Great job Devious. Thanks

vCash
    Daammmmmmnnnnnnnnn

We are good, possibly really good.

If we go into Athens Saturday night & get the job done, I'll start thinking we may be really really good.

We ambushed LSU which was great, but Georgia will know what's coming & we've still got to find a way to get it done

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    1. MSU- 47.7 ppg; Opponent- 9.3 ppg

2. MSU- 20 negative rushing yards; Opponent- 201 negative rushing yards

3. Opponent's completion percentage: 43.3%

4. Aeris Williams- 48 rush attempts with only 2 negative rushing yards

5. Nick Fitzgerald- 31 rush attempts with only 4 negative rushing yards

6. MSU- Forced 8 fumbles while recovering 2; Opponent- 0 forced fumbles.

7. MSU- 217 total offensive plays; 1 turnover and 1 sack

8. MSU's opponents are 9/41 (21%) on 3rd down conversions

9. MSU- 18 touchdowns; Opponent- 3 touchdowns

10. MSU- 18 touchdowns with 11 different players scoring.

11. Logan Cooke is averaging 45.8 yards per punt, with 0 punt return yards.

13. MSU is 6-10 on 3rd down conversions in the 3rd quarter; Opponents are 0-8 on 3rd down conversions in the 3rd quarter (half time adjustments)

14. MSU has 16 different players with a tackle for loss.

15. MSU- 8 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's
    Excellent set of stats!

Also, State is #6 in the NCAA for scoring defense and #9 in scoring offense. Only team in the NCAA that is Top 10 for both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Daammmmmmnnnnnnnnn

If we go into Athens Saturday night & get the job done, I'll start thinking we may be really really good.

We ambushed LSU which was great, but Georgia will know what's coming & we've still got to find a way to get it done
    UGA's OL is suspect - which will be the great equalizer for us. They have given up a respectable 5 sacks, but 17 TFL.
    UGA has the #14 passing offense in the league. Our D will stuff the run just like LSU. UGA and LSU are #4 and #5 in the SEC in rushing O, so I have no fear of them. We will make them throw, which they can not do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    UGA's OL is suspect - which will be the great equalizer for us. They have given up a respectable 5 sacks, but 17 TFL.
    UGA has the #14 passing offense in the league. Our D will stuff the run just like LSU. UGA and LSU are #4 and #5 in the SEC in rushing O, so I have no fear of them. We will make them throw, which they can not do.
    Fromm is still a freshman. ND's defense gave him problems. Our defense is better.

vCash

This stands out the most to me. This is HUGE. If the staff can keep this up, then we are going to be tough to beat.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    I told my wife when we got the ball with 5 minutes and change left on the clock in the 4th quarter that this is a good time for the "four minute" offense. Well, we took the ball and ran a 4 minute offense that ended in a victory formation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post

This stands out the most to me. This is HUGE. If the staff can keep this up, then we are going to be tough to beat.
    This. This right here is huge. Also, I'm not convinced that Georgia is more talented than LSU like I've seen some talking heads say. If we were at home again I would feel pretty good about it but on the road is going to be a tough game.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Good stuff. Our offense really has been potent so far. Even looking only at games vs. FBS teams, we're first in the SEC in points per game, yards per play, and 3rd down conversion %, and we're second in the SEC in plays of 20+ yards.

On a related note, anyone care to know how Sirmon's faring with a defense that Grantham had at or near the top of pretty much every statistical category in the ACC last year?

Ranks out of 14 ACC teams:

Scoring D - 13th
    Total D - 12th
    3rd Down % D - 11th
    Red Zone TD% D - 12th
    Big Play (20+ yds) D - 11th

Yikes.

vCash
    Daammmmmmnnnnnnnnn

I would say we are really good, possibly great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I would say we are really good, possibly great.
    We'll find out this week. Handling prosperity is tougher at times than handling adversity

vCash
    And we moved the ball on both of those first 2 drives, just had big penalties that killed them.

vCash
    We'll find out this week. Handling prosperity is tougher at times than handling adversity
    Totally agree, which is why I'm not yet going to say we're a great team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Good stuff. Our offense really has been potent so far. Even looking only at games vs. FBS teams, we're first in the SEC in points per game, yards per play, and 3rd down conversion %, and we're second in the SEC in plays of 20+ yards.

On a related note, anyone care to know how Sirmon's faring with a defense that Grantham had at or near the top of pretty much every statistical category in the ACC last year?

Ranks out of 14 ACC teams:

Scoring D - 13th
    Total D - 12th
    3rd Down % D - 11th
    Red Zone TD% D - 12th
    Big Play (20+ yds) D - 11th

Yikes.
    Thanks Petrino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    This. This right here is huge. Also, I'm not convinced that Georgia is more talented than LSU like I've seen some talking heads say. If we were at home again I would feel pretty good about it but on the road is going to be a tough game.
    No doubt. I'm expecting a war. That said, I think the road trip to LA Tech a week ago will prove to be beneficial for us against UGA. I know UGA is going to be 1,000 times more hostile and intimidating than Ruston, so I'm not saying it's anywhere near equal to what we'll face this coming Saturday. But we actually do have a pretty young team this year. It's good that they've been on a road trip, know what to expect, how to prepare, been booed coming out of the locker room, etc. It won't be their first time now that it's a big game that's a potential turning point for how good we can be this season. I'm normally 100% against us playing teams like LA Tech at their place, but I think it is going to be good for us in this one lone instance.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Me neither. I think it's true that UGA's avg star rating is higher than LSU's, but that's mostly bc UGA had a stout 2017 class. So they may have "more talent", but a lot of that talent is undeveloped freshmen that likely aren't all ready to play at peak potential.