Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debut at #19 in Coaches Poll

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Debut at #19 in Coaches Poll

So we debut at #19 in the Coaches Poll. UGA is at #12
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Can't complain about that at all.

vCash
    Then I'll complain about it.

It's ridiculous because we are a lot better than that while teams ranked above us continue to struggle to beat below average teams.

The college football ranking system may be one of the most asanine traditional systems in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

It's ridiculous because we are a lot better than that while teams ranked above us continue to struggle to beat below average teams.

The college football ranking system may be one of the most asanine traditional systems in the country.
    2014 rinse repeat - that's how it works with so many national voters - it'll take a few weeks for some to the voters to figure out we're not under NCAA investigation

vCash
    Here's why I can't complain. The concensus on this board is a 6-6 to 7-5 season. The national concensus was 5-7 to 6-6. Before last night we decimated two bad teams. Last night we dominated a very good team. There was no reason for us to be ranked before our win last night. I think the pollsters want to see if we are a one hit wonder or can sustain the momentum. We do what we're supposed to and the ranking will take care of itself.

vCash
    Just win, baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Here's why I can't complain. The concensus on this board is a 6-6 to 7-5 season. The national concensus was 5-7 to 6-6. Before last night we decimated two bad teams. Last night we dominated a very good team. There was no reason for us to be ranked before our win last night. I think the pollsters want to see if we are a one hit wonder or can sustain the momentum. We do what we're supposed to and the ranking will take care of itself.
    Agree. If we do our job as we did in 2014, we'll be ranked where we need to be when it counts

vCash
    The only poll that matter.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Of course its asinine. But guess what? The rankings no longer mean anything. The only poll that matters doesn't start until Week 8. The AP and Coaches poll means less than nothing and I don't know why anyone gives a crap about them any more. I'd say the same thing if we were ranked in the Top 5.

vCash
    To qoute Doug Flutie:

"That'll work."

Archimedes
    vCash
    Just let them realize we are top 10 in scoring offense and defense.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Poll Wrap

Debut at #19 Coaches and #17 AP

Georgia at #12 Coaches and #11 AP
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

We debut at #17 in the AP Poll

http://collegepolltracker.com/football/

Better than the Coaches poll, but the true travesty is that three voters have us unranked.

http://collegepolltracker.com/footba...-bulldogs/2017

If anyone wants to do some twittering with me, we all need to have a word with the following pollsters, as they didn't even put us in the top 25:

Steve Batterson of the Quad City Times in Iowa (@sbatt79)

Jonny Miller of WBZ News Radio 1030 in Boston (Too old for twitter, it seems)

Terry Hutchins of CNHI Sports of Indiana (@indysportshutch)

vCash
    It's a travesty that LSU is even still ranked after their trip to the woodshed last night. Vandy should be there instead.

vCash
    Also, all three have LSU still ranked, with Terry Hutchins having them at #16

Banned
    vCash
    It is a travesty, an absolute abomination, that Auburn is ahead of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    http://collegepolltracker.com/football/

Better than the Coaches poll, but the true travesty is that three voters have us unranked.

http://collegepolltracker.com/footba...-bulldogs/2017

If anyone wants to do some twittering with me, we all need to have a word with the following pollsters, as they didn't even put us in the top 25:

Steve Batterson of the Quad City Times in Iowa (@sbatt79)

Jonny Miller of WBZ News Radio 1030 in Boston (Too old for twitter, it seems)

Terry Hutchins of CNHI Sports of Indiana (@indysportshutch)
    Conversely, Dave Reardon in Hawaii is impressed. Number 7 this week and 23 last week.

vCash
    Dave Reardon has been on us since week 1 and now thinks we are the 7th best team in the country. random as he is in hawaii
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    That's crazy.

vCash
    Not a bad debut. Now just keep winning and keep enjoying the ride!

Hail State