Thread: Big Game Between The Hedges Next Weekend

vCash

Big Game Between The Hedges Next Weekend

Whew, I'm still hung over.

I thought, even if we won, the LSU game would be an emotionally draining experience that would make a road game at Georgia extremely difficult to get up for, but, after the 37-7 beat down, I don't feel that way. I mean, we just beat LSU without our QB ever pulling the ball on the zone read. We just dismantled LSU while running the "No Fitz pulling the zone read" offense that we had trouble running against Charleston Southern. While fun, it was more of a business like win.

That being said, I'm not emotionally drained this morning, I'm energized.

The truth of the matter is that when you look at our schedule & you look at how other teams in the SEC are playing, if we win 1 of Georgia & Auburn, then we are likely going into the Alabama game at Davis Wade Stadium on November 11th with a chance to win the West.

Of course we want to beat both Auburn & Georgia & certainly can, but win one of the next 2 & the schedule opens up for you & a chance to have a special season.

Big, big game between the hedges next Saturday. It's gonna be a fun week.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-17-2017 at 07:25 AM.

vCash
    Yep. We need 1 of the next 2. I know we all want both, but 1 keeps an sec championship possible. Find a way, dawgs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep. We need 1 of the next 2. I know we all want both, but 1 keeps an sec championship possible. Find a way, dawgs
    Yup, win 1 of the next 2 &, assuming you can beat A&M & Kentucky, you are going into the Alabama game with a chance to play for all the marbles.

It's really that simple.

vCash
    Going to be tough. If one was at home it would be a lot easier. And got to hope Fitz didn't hurt his ankle too bad. Dear and Myles could be back too. Lots of interesting things the next couple weeks. AU looks a lot like LSU to me. Hell I think we win both!

vCash
    I think both are beatable but auburn just doesn't look good. Reminds me a lot of LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Going to be tough. If one was at home it would be a lot easier. And got to hope Fitz didn't hurt his ankle too bad. Dear and Myles could be back too. Lots of interesting things the next couple weeks. AU looks a lot like LSU to me. Hell I think we win both!
    Yup. Gonna be tough.

It appears we have a tough team and don't think for one second that Grantham, Abram, and Fitz don't want a piece of Georgia's ass

Banned
    vCash
    It's a big one, they all are, but Auburn is way bigger. Win, lose, or draw next weekend, a W on the Plains sets us up for a potential showdown for Atlanta against Alabama in Starkville (where we NEVER get a chance to play them when we have a really good team). I still think Auburn is a lot better than people think, and will eventually figure things out. Therefore I think we really need that tiebreaker over them. Obviously I'd want to win both, but if we are picking only one "must win", its Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    It's a big one, they all are, but Auburn is way bigger. Win, lose, or draw next weekend, a W on the Plains sets us up for a potential showdown for Atlanta against Alabama in Starkville (where we NEVER get a chance to play them when we have a really good team). I still think Auburn is a lot better than people think, and will eventually figure things out. Therefore I think we really need that tiebreaker over them. Obviously I'd want to win both, but if we are picking only one "must win", its Auburn.
    Auburn is a bigger game, but I think Auburn will lose multiple games. By beating UGA or Auburn, we are playing Bama in November in a game that will likely decide the West.

Correct though, beating Auburn would make things a little clearer

vCash
    Next two are huge but I think we get it done. Fitz being from GA will be up up for this game. One at a time......but late nov undefeated with Bama rolling in is not inconceivable....

vCash
    We are winning both. Book it.

vCash
    If we get pass GA, I honestly feel that you will have #1 and possibly #2 playing each other with us and Bama. Our wins over ranked teams will propell us in the ranking. Is it a pipe dream, maybe; but it is a strong possibility.

vCash
    Fromm is really good but Stidham is another craptastic Gus experiment. Fromm has poise and guts. Our pass rush will have to on point for him. Stidham doesn't like getting hit. He's throwing too early. I think Clemson broke that kid.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We are winning both. Book it.
    I certainly think we have a great shot in both too. Both being on the road is going to be tough, but I think last night was a shot in the arm our program hasn't had since before the Alabama game in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Whew, I'm still hung over.

I thought, even if we won, the LSU game would be an emotionally draining experience that would make a road game at Georgia extremely difficult to get up for, but, after the 37-7 beat down, I don't feel that way. I mean, we just beat LSU without our QB ever pulling the ball on the zone read. We just dismantled LSU while running the "No Fitz pulling the zone read" offense that we had trouble running against Charleston Southern. While fun, it was more of a business like win.

That being said, I'm not emotionally drained this morning, I'm energized.

The truth of the matter is that when you look at our schedule & you look at how other teams in the SEC are playing, if we win 1 of Georgia & Auburn, then we are likely going into the Alabama game at Davis Wade Stadium on November 11th with a chance to win the West.

Of course we want to beat both Auburn & Georgia & certainly can, but win one of the next 2 & the schedule opens up for you & a chance to have a special season.

Big, big game between the hedges next Saturday. It's gonna be a fun week.
    Fitz pulled it several times. Doesnt matter. We were the better team by far in all phases. Not an upset

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Next two are huge but I think we get it done. Fitz being from GA will be up up for this game. One at a time......but late nov undefeated with Bama rolling in is not inconceivable....
    UGA thought Grantham, Abrams, and Fitz werent good enough for them.