Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Netflix - What are you watching / Have watched master thread

vCash
    What's new on everyones list?
    I think the Ted Bundy tapes are next for me.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Anyone watch You? I just finished it. I thought it was pretty good. I also just finished Abducted in Plain Sight. Really strange story.
    No Signature

vCash
    I need to watch Mind Hunters....I love everything Fincher, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I can't bring myself to watch the last season of Game of Cards, sadly....even had they not killed off Francis, that show was trending bonkers by the end of the last season.

All you foodies out there need to do yourselves a favor and watch Mind of a Chef. Some great stuff there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Anyone watch You? I just finished it. I thought it was pretty good. I also just finished Abducted in Plain Sight. Really strange story.

YES... I forgot already that was the last thing I finished... so interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I need to watch Mind Hunters....I love everything Fincher, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I can't bring myself to watch the last season of Game of Cards, sadly....even had they not killed off Francis, that show was trending bonkers by the end of the last season.

All you foodies out there need to do yourselves a favor and watch Mind of a Chef. Some great stuff there.
    Yea yea... it's on my list. So much food stuff I'm watching lately on Netflix and cable tv.

vCash
    It is on Amazon Prime but I just finished Homecoming with Julia Roberts. Pretty good show but is pretty odd how the cinematography and sound editing. Lends itself to the story very well. It is about a facility dealing with soldiers coming back from deployment. It is worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is on Amazon Prime but I just finished Homecoming with Julia Roberts. Pretty good show but is pretty odd how the cinematography and sound editing. Lends itself to the story very well. It is about a facility dealing with soldiers coming back from deployment. It is worth watching.
    Yeah, that was really good. Grand Tour is also back on, and the first 3 episodes were really strong.

I hate to admit this, but I watched the Sabrina the Teenage Witch reboot. It was pretty good.
    Also, don't waste your time on the Grisham "Innocent Man" series. Incredibly boring.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I hate to admit this, but I watched the Sabrina the Teenage Witch reboot. It was pretty good.
    What you do on BrunswickDawg Night is up to you, man.

In the same vein, the thing our family's been most addicted to lately is The Great British Baking Show. My kids love it and, as a low brow cooking nerd with a massive sweet tooth, I'm right there with them.

I dug the Ballad of Buster Scruggs fairly well. Not up there with the Coen Brothers' best, but still solid.

I can't think of much else new that's hooked me recently.

vCash
    Turk Night! I need to go back and watch Scrubs again. That show was so damn funny.

vCash
    Yeah, that was really good. Grand Tour is also back on, and the first 3 episodes were really strong.

Also, don't waste your time on the Grisham "Innocent Man" series. Incredibly boring.
    We watched it also and enjoyed it.

vCash
    I know it is also Amazon Prime but they are going to start production on the Dark Tower series from Steven King. The movie last year was an abortion of the actual stories. Amazon is going in chronological order with book #4? (I think it is book 4) where it describes the Gunslinger when he was young. It will be 13 one hour episodes so it should be good. Steven King is going to be involved somehow either as a executive producer or just an advisor.

Also Amazon is doing the Wheel of Time book series from Robert Jordan. This is probably my favorite book series so I am hoping it comes out well. It is similar to a Lord of Rings/Game of Thrones mashup with an entity like Sauron but also has political issues between countries similar to GoT.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    On Prime I liked Bosch, Tin Star, Patriot, and Long Strange Trip. The bodyguard on Netflix is pretty decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I know it is also Amazon Prime but they are going to start production on the Dark Tower series from Steven King. The movie last year was an abortion of the actual stories. Amazon is going in chronological order with book #4? (I think it is book 4) where it describes the Gunslinger when he was young. It will be 13 one hour episodes so it should be good. Steven King is going to be involved somehow either as a executive producer or just an advisor.

Also Amazon is doing the Wheel of Time book series from Robert Jordan. This is probably my favorite book series so I am hoping it comes out well. It is similar to a Lord of Rings/Game of Thrones mashup with an entity like Sauron but also has political issues between countries similar to GoT.

I'm looking forward to dark tower also. Is it like the movie? Where it is a continuation of the books?

vCash

I like the new grand tour format.

I'll have to try Sabrina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Milken View Post
    I'm looking forward to dark tower also. Is it like the movie? Where it is a continuation of the books?
    It is going to be a reboot. It will start when Roland is young and show how he first comes into contact with The Man in Black. I guess they wanted to get people more invested with who the Gunslinger is before throwing in other characters. I don't know if they will go by the books or change it up. The movie was just changed too much. It just didn't make enough sense when they mixed everything up like they did.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    On Hulu but Letterkenny might be the funniest show out there.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Started Mindhunter the other night. I am loving it so far.
    No Signature

vCash
    Not sure if its been mentioned through the thread but The Last Kingdom has become my #1 favorite show on Netflix. I really like Vikings but I actually like Last Kingdom even more (if you like one you will probably like the other). Love the historical setting around the provinces of Early Britain during the reign of Alfred the Great and the dude that plays Uhtred is excellent in the part. Also, while it has some mature subject matter, for the most part I'm not normally embarrassed to have it on when kids come through the room. I am a little over halfway through the 3rd season now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Started Mindhunter the other night. I am loving it so far.
    We loved Mindhunter and can't wait for Season 2.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Just started Umbrella Academy. It's ok. Not great but if you dig the comic stuff then it's worth watching once through.
    I really want to find a good sci-fi thriller series.
    I've seen several mention Mindhunter and saw that title last night. What's it about?