Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Netflix - What are you watching / Have watched master thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I'm only halfway in but Altered carbon is great. Enjoying the story but most of all the setting is what blade runner 2049 SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Amazing!!!

Finished this the other night. Thought it was decent but could have been better. The first half was great but to me it lost steam on the back end.
    Last edited by jumbo; 03-12-2018 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Recently finished Ozark. That’s worth it. Strong 2nd for that suggestion.

Peaky Blinders is still probably my favorite. Can’t believe y’all arent giving it more love. Think Sopranos, in europe, after the world war.

Hatsfield and McCoys is pretty good for a quick 3-part (I think) series, but it was out on history channel a long time ago so a lot of you have probably already seen it.

vCash
    The Fall is Gillian Anderson?s best acting. Very good fictional hunt for a serial killer series.

vCash
    Time to catch up on what I still need to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to throw in Amazon Prime shows too -

Sneaky Pete - excellent show created by Bryan Cranston. The story arc is stellar. Maybe Giovanni Ribisi's best role. Cranston is a bad-ass again. Maybe the best show I've seen this year.
    Still on my list.

Have you checked our Ozark?
    On my list. 2nd season hits Aug 31, so might wait till then and binge both.

Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post

In a similar vein, the 2010 documentary Restrepo on Netflix is a must-see. It's about a group of U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. Moving, informative, well-produced, exciting, funny, and everything else you could hope for in a movie featuring our troops.

Rectify is one of the better shows I've seen anywhere in recent memory and I highly recommend it. A southern drama about a dude released from prison after DNA evidence overturned his murder conviction. Set -- and filmed -- in a small, Georgia town, created and directed by a southern actor (the "bona fide suitor" from Oh Brother Where Art Thou), and stars mostly southern actors. It's totally character driven and isn't fast-paced or action packed. It's just good.

Love is a comedy about twentysomethings who suck at relationships. It's produced by Judd Apatow, and it reminds me a little of some of his older stuff. Check the trailer out to see who's in it. (The chick who played "Britta" on Community is the female lead, but I don't remember what all the main dude was in.) It's funny and easy to watch. I sort of trailed off as the second season was winding down, but I'm sure I'll revisit it later.
    Restrepo I just found streaming online and will watch soon. https://docur.co/documentary/restrepo
    Rectify, I just can't seem to get into.. might give it another try.
    Love looks entertaining and is still on my list, wife's already watched it.

Amazon - Add The Man in the High Castle
    I watched 3 episodes and forgot about it since it's on Amazon prime.. now that I have the app on my nvidia shield, we started it last night and will keep working on it before the 3rd season hits.

Hell on Wheels has been on my list for a long time.. Guess I'll start it on Sunday.
    Never started..moved to the bottom of my list.

Better Call Saul too...
    Missed the 3rd season. Need to rewatch part of 2nd season if not all since it's been so long. Season 4 started last monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Watch both, but Sons of Anarchy is better.

"Peaky Blinders" is legit good.
    I've had a few more people tell me I would like SoA again recently.. guess it's going on the list.
    Peaky Blinders seems more up my world though.. about ready to re-watch the Sopranoes though since it's been a long time since I binged it the 1st time and the wife is interested now.

Just finished the newest season of OITNB, evidently they are gonna do one more season. Will be interesting to see where it goes.
    Just binged Season 3 of Last Chance U. That QB is a POS and might not get another chance. So sad about the recap of Scooba and Wright. Funny they win a NC the next year they leave though. JB has a damn mouth on him though, way worse than buddy to me.

vCash
    Binge watched this tonight.. Hilarious

Banned
    vCash
    Just finished Ozark. It's great. Season 2 comes to Netflix August 31st so if you get cranking you can watch all of season 1 and roll right into season 2. Also watched The Punisher recently. It's good as well.

vCash
    Binge watched this tonight.. Hilarious
    That show was Fn hilarious. I've actually watched it twice.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    That show was Fn hilarious. I've actually watched it twice.
    Started watching this last night and it is one of those weird hilarious shows. I am just on the third episode so I will probably finish it next week.

vCash
    Working my way through Better Call Saul..just started Season 3, trying to get caught up on the current season soon.
    Had some time to kill on a flight yesterday so started on Parks n Recs , so far it's ok but not hilarious.. but I've been told you have to get to season 2 before it picks up.

Whenever I finish Season 4 of Better Call Saul, likely going to dive in to watching breaking bad again. It's so good.

vCash
    Working my way through Better Call Saul..just started Season 3, trying to get caught up on the current season soon.
    Had some time to kill on a flight yesterday so started on Parks n Recs , so far it's ok but not hilarious.. but I've been told you have to get to season 2 before it picks up.

Whenever I finish Season 4 of Better Call Saul, likely going to dive in to watching breaking bad again. It's so good.
    The Ranch is pretty good if you're looking for a comedy.

vCash

Parks & Rec really does take into season 2 to hit a groove.
    That damn show is too autobiographical for me. It's like watching my day to day in a mirror. City Government work really is like that.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    The Ranch is pretty good if you're looking for a comedy.
    Yep...had to get by not much caring for Ashton Kutcher (every time he opens his mouth..I hear. DUDE where's my car??)
    But really liked it. Will be interesting to see where they go from Rooster being fired.

vCash
    Parks & Rec really does take into season 2 to hit a groove.
    That damn show is too autobiographical for me. It's like watching my day to day in a mirror. City Government work really is like that.
    Just finished Season 1, will work my way through season 2 this week. F*CK THAT PIT!!!

vCash
    Blew through Season 2 of Ozark and Atypical over the past couple of weeks.

Both are just as good as the first season.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Just finished Season 1, will work my way through season 2 this week. F*CK THAT PIT!!!
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I really can't wait until y'all start watching peaky blinders. You won't be disappointed.

I haven't seen mindhunter yet. Or end of the 17ing world. Will have to add those after I'm done with Ozark season 2.

vCash
    So my wife wanted to watch Supernatural. She loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel back in the day. This is kind of similar. The down side is there is 13 seasons. Holy S&*t that is a lot of episodes. My wife travels so I end up watching stuff she wouldn't care about. I am currently working on Breaking Bad. We had started watching it and stopped for some reason.

Although Iron Fist season 2 just came out and apparently Daredevil Season 3 is supposed to hit in October (rumor due to some Sigapore or some asian country marketing).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I really can't wait until y'all start watching peaky blinders. You won't be disappointed.

I haven't seen mindhunter yet. Or end of the 17ing world. Will have to add those after I'm done with Ozark season 2.
    Both of those are outstanding. It is amazing that there is too much good TV now. When I was young, 3 channels and you watched reruns because nothing else was on. Until we got a satellite dish when I was around 12 or so.

vCash
    no mention of Godless? just won some emmys--I loved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    no mention of Godless? just won some emmys--I loved it.
    Watched it. Really good.

Peaky Blinders is still my favorite by far, followed bun bloodline probably. Although the 2nd is debatable. Really like Ozark too.