Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix - What are you watching / Have watched master thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to throw in Amazon Prime shows too -

Sneaky Pete - excellent show created by Bryan Cranston. The story arc is stellar. Maybe Giovanni Ribisi's best role. Cranston is a bad-ass again. Maybe the best show I've seen this year.

Transparent - get past any hangups someone may have about trans anything and it is a hilarious show about an incredibly dysfunctional family. It's probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

Fortitude - just started last night and I'm not sold on it yet. Murder and pathogen exposure in Iceland above the arctic circle. Interesting cast with Michael Gambon, Christopher Eccelston, Stanley Tucci, and at some point Dennis Quaid ( he hasn't been in the first 2 shows). a B Sky B show.

On Netflix - Stranger Things - If you were a late 70s/early 80s kid you have to watch this show. It's almost like a Stephen King version of The Goonies. Makes me miss my BMX Huffy, tape decks, and Tales from the Crypt.
    Amazon - Add The Man in the High Castle and Hand of God... heard great things about both and on my watch list.
    Stranger things is great... can't wait for season 2 in a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rolodawg View Post
    I also watched Atypical, good show.

I highly recommend "Hell On Wheels". Cullen Bohannon is one bad dude! The Sweed may be the best villain I have seen on TV, you will learn to hate that 17'er. Gets long the last season is the only negative.

The Last Kingdom is good, but I had read the books before the show started. Only two seasons out so far, but should have a few to follow to keep up with the books.
    Hell on Wheels has been on my list for a long time.. Guess I'll start it on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    If you could binge watch one show out of 2 choices which do you pick: Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy?

Also, is Black Sails worth watching the whole thing? I have seen season 1 and part of 2.

Breaking Bad... and make sure to watch Better Call Saul too...

vCash
    Narcos and Bloodline are two great ones that I've been watching lately.

I'm not sure if Justified is on Netflix or not still, but it's a MUST watch.

Also I really enjoyed Longmire. Old school sheriff in Wyoming. His county has a Native American reservation in his jurisdiction and that adds a lot of drama.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Last night we finished Atypical. It was as good as, if not better than advertised. Probably one of Netflix's best original series. Thanks for the rec, y'all.

My wife recently finished up GLOW, too. I think I enjoyed the bits that I saw a little more as it progressed. So, yeah, it's worth a look.

Two other things I've seen on Netflix fairly recently:

The Host. It's a South Korean monster movie. Think Godzilla, but on a smaller small scale with more attention to the main characters. It hits all the right notes of a monster movie (humor, action, suspense, etc.). I enjoyed it.

The Barkley Marathons. This a great documentary about a bizarre and grueling adventure race in east Tennessee. Basically, every year for the past few decades, there's an invitation-only race in Tennessee's Frozen Head State Park, which is home to a dozen or so 3,000' mountains. The course is brutal and changes every year, and the racers come from all over the world. Even though I don't run at all or have any interest in ultra-marathons or the like, I really, really enjoyed the movie. The back story is interesting (the race's founder is quite a character) and the spectacle of the event is something else. (Only 15 people have ever finished the race.) I'm probably also partial to this movie because it's set near my stomping grounds (Chattanooga/east Tennessee) and reminds me (sans waterfalls) of the places I've spent hundreds of hours hiking in the past decade or so.
    Last edited by Prediction? Pain.; 10-03-2017 at 12:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    If you could binge watch one show out of 2 choices which do you pick: Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy?
    Breaking Bad....followed immediately by Sons of Anarchy

vCash
    I'm somewhat sad nobody has mentioned Mystery Science Theater 3000. They have a few classic episodes available to watch, but the new season that was brought back through Kickstarter is labeled as The Return. Some of the best comedy out there, IMO. If you're not familiar, the main part of the show revolves around a guy and his two robot friends riffing just terrible, terrible movies. Give it a chance, trust me.

Also, with the passing of Tom Petty, I can't recommend Running Down A Dream enough. It's a 4 hour documentary about his life and it is superb. One of the best I have ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I've only seen a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy, so I'm no help there. But I'm firmly on board with those who think Breaking Bad was one of the best shows in the past decade or two.
    Watch both, but Sons of Anarchy is better.

"Peaky Blinders" is legit good.

"Bloodline" is awesome.

Last season of Black Sails was my favorite. Worth watching through the slower set up season the next to last year.

Season 1 and 2 of Orange is the New Balck is good. After that it gets old.

vCash
    Also, I'll 2nd Restrepo. Best military documentary Ive ever seen. Gives you a real sense of what it's like to be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Just watched the first season of "Master of None" it was pretty funny. Really good..
    If you liked the movie "The big sick" that came out recently... you will like it.
    Just finished Season 2... series finale was very open ended and Ansari says he's not sure when a Season 3 will be made.
    Really enjoyed it.. hope they don't end it there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Watch both, but Sons of Anarchy is better.

"Peaky Blinders" is legit good.

"Bloodline" is awesome.

Last season of Black Sails was my favorite. Worth watching through the slower set up season the next to last year.

Season 1 and 2 of Orange is the New Balck is good. After that it gets old.

I really enjoyed it up till this last season. The death of one of the characters in the 2nd to last episode in Season 4 was very good.
    Season 5 is just a little too crazy for me. But I'll still binge 6 whenever it comes out.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

OT - Netflix

If you guys are looking forward to Stranger Things vol 2 this week. Check out Mindhunter and Manhunt. I have picked up both shows this week. They are worth the time.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Yeah Manhunter is pretty good.

vCash
    Mindhunter is very well written. Very clever. The dialogue between the characters is top notch. Binged it in a couple days. Couldn't get enough. Manhunt is Not in the same ballpark IMO. But def worth watching.

vCash
    Agh...meant mindhunter.

vCash
    Mindhunter looks great.. only thru the first 2 episodes so far but really enjoyed it.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    F is for Family
    Bojack Horseman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Mindhunter is very well written. Very clever. The dialogue between the characters is top notch. Binged it in a couple days. Couldn't get enough. Manhunt is Not in the same ballpark IMO. But def worth watching.
    I'm gonna watch Mindhunter soon. Anything directed by David Fincher is worth seeing.

vCash
    another +1 for Mindhunter. Still working my way through it with the wife.

I binged Manhunt all the way through yesterday. 17'n loved it.

vCash
    I'm only halfway in but Altered carbon is great. Enjoying the story but most of all the setting is what blade runner 2049 SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Amazing!!!