Thread: Netflix - What are you watching / Have watched master thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Turk Night! I need to go back and watch Scrubs again. That show was so damn funny.

vCash
    I know it is also Amazon Prime but they are going to start production on the Dark Tower series from Steven King. The movie last year was an abortion of the actual stories. Amazon is going in chronological order with book #4? (I think it is book 4) where it describes the Gunslinger when he was young. It will be 13 one hour episodes so it should be good. Steven King is going to be involved somehow either as a executive producer or just an advisor.

Also Amazon is doing the Wheel of Time book series from Robert Jordan. This is probably my favorite book series so I am hoping it comes out well. It is similar to a Lord of Rings/Game of Thrones mashup with an entity like Sauron but also has political issues between countries similar to GoT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I know it is also Amazon Prime but they are going to start production on the Dark Tower series from Steven King. The movie last year was an abortion of the actual stories. Amazon is going in chronological order with book #4? (I think it is book 4) where it describes the Gunslinger when he was young. It will be 13 one hour episodes so it should be good. Steven King is going to be involved somehow either as a executive producer or just an advisor.

Also Amazon is doing the Wheel of Time book series from Robert Jordan. This is probably my favorite book series so I am hoping it comes out well. It is similar to a Lord of Rings/Game of Thrones mashup with an entity like Sauron but also has political issues between countries similar to GoT.

I'm looking forward to dark tower also. Is it like the movie? Where it is a continuation of the books?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Milken View Post
    I'm looking forward to dark tower also. Is it like the movie? Where it is a continuation of the books?
    It is going to be a reboot. It will start when Roland is young and show how he first comes into contact with The Man in Black. I guess they wanted to get people more invested with who the Gunslinger is before throwing in other characters. I don't know if they will go by the books or change it up. The movie was just changed too much. It just didn't make enough sense when they mixed everything up like they did.