Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Netflix - What are you watching / Have watched master thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Just started Umbrella Academy. It's ok. Not great but if you dig the comic stuff then it's worth watching once through.
    I really want to find a good sci-fi thriller series.
    I've seen several mention Mindhunter and saw that title last night. What's it about?
    Mindhunter is about the psychological behavior unit being started at the FBI. Two guys basically trying to get serial killers to talk to them. Similar to Silence of the Lambs when she is interviewing Lector.

vCash
    I'm in the middle of Bloodline, its really good.
    F is for Family is a hilarious show if you grew up in the 70s.
    The Office is a classic, can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned on here.
    Jimmy Carr, John mulaney, and Bo Burnham specials are a must watch.
    Zodiac is a great movie that was just added to netflix.
    American Crime Story is great, spin-off of American Horror Story.
    Maniac is decent.
    Fyre is an amazing documentary.

vCash
    Undefeated is a great football documentary. If you watch close, you may recognize one of the players in it.

Restrepo is the best military documentary I've ever seen.

Bloodline is awesome.

Peaky Blinders is the best Netflix original I've seen and probably may favorite series ever.

QB1 is good.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'll second that. Hell, it's one of the best documentaries I've ever seen regardless of the topic.

I watched Russian Doll recently. I assumed from the previews that it was going to be another Groundhog Day clone. But I never felt that while I was watching it. I really enjoyed it and easily got hooked into finishing the series in a matter of days. (Plus it gets a little bump from me for getting a classic Harry Nilsson song some much-deserved love.)

vCash
    Undefeated is a great football documentary. If you watch close, you may recognize one of the players in it.

Bloodline is awesome.

Peaky Blinders is the best Netflix original I've seen and probably may favorite series ever.

QB1 is good.
    Agree - I thoroughly enjoyed Peaky Blinders. Great series.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

I guess I need to give Peaky Blinders another shot...I couldn't get into it.
    No Signature

vCash
    Tom Segura comedy special was hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I guess I need to give Peaky Blinders another shot...I couldn't get into it.
    I love the first 2 seasons...the last two are good, but they definitely seemed rushed in comparison. Tom Hardy's character is the star of the show (not surprising).

vCash
    Bump... finished Stranger things 3.. Best one yet.
    Orange is the new black...great ending to a great show

Currently watching - The Great Baking British show, which looks to be one of the shows that is now going to weekly episode drops instead of all at once. What can I say I love to cook / bake.

Next, actually starting tonight.. Mindhunter Season 2.

Whar's in your queue to watch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Bump... finished Stranger things 3.. Best one yet.
    Orange is the new black...great ending to a great show

Currently watching - The Great Baking British show, which looks to be one of the shows that is now going to weekly episode drops instead of all at once. What can I say I love to cook / bake.

Next, actually starting tonight.. Mindhunter Season 2.

Whar's in your queue to watch?
    I'm middle of season 2 of Mindhunter now. Great show. I love when shows do very good prop/location research to add in detail, and they have done a great job with Atlanta circa 1979/80. It' small things like finding a hotel that looks enough like the interior of the Omni that you think it is (the Omni doesn't look at all today like it did then). They even have the correct license plates on the GA vehicles for the period.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I just finished Carnival Row on Amazon. It was pretty good. I will watch season 2 whenever it comes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I just finished Carnival Row on Amazon. It was pretty good. I will watch season 2 whenever it comes out.
    I'm thinking about it but haven't found the time. Good Omens was great!

My wife got me into The Vampire Diaries and then we went into the spinoff The Originals. The Originals is even better.

I've watched the first two episodes of the new Dark Crystal series. I was 10 or 11 when the original came out and it blew my mind. This new one is okay but I'm not really feeling it.

vCash
    Finished mind hunter season 2. Great job. I wonder who around here remembers that children killing in Atlanta...

Can't wait to see what they do with season 3 and the btk killer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Finished mind hunter season 2. Great job. I wonder who around here remembers that children killing in Atlanta...

Can't wait to see what they do with season 3 and the btk killer.
    I was 7-8 and I remember it well because my parents had us watch the news every night. Even in the suburbs it had parents on edge. The police actually came to our class and did a lot "stranger danger" type programs and talked about how important it was to look out for your friends. It is branded in our heads enough that I still remember a couple of the names of the kids without being prompted by an article or show. A name like Lubie Geter sticks with you.

There is a really good podcast about it called Atlanta Monster that uses a lot of WSB TV news reports as the audio.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I was 7-8 and I remember it well because my parents had us watch the news every night. Even in the suburbs it had parents on edge. The police actually came to our class and did a lot "stranger danger" type programs and talked about how important it was to look out for your friends. It is branded in our heads enough that I still remember a couple of the names of the kids without being prompted by an article or show. A name like Lubie Geter sticks with you.

There is a really good podcast about it called Atlanta Monster that uses a lot of WSB TV news reports as the audio.
    I hadn't actually finished season 2 yet because my wife went out of town for a week and we picked back up tonight. We watched Episode 6 where they go back to ATL. When the news anchor said "Do you know where your children are?" it sent chills down my spine. I had totally forgotten about that - channel 2 would close their evening news with it. It was shocking hearing it again.

vCash
    Peaky Blinders is a really good show