Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well..... It Looks Like It's Us vs the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Ok. I have no idea who Lee Sterling even is, and the other guy is an LSU alum. Their predictions are completely irrelevant.
    Lee Sterling famously predicted USC to beat Bama last year in the opening game.

What was the final score for that game? Like alabama 52-6. Lee Sterling cracks me up. Claims to be some awesome handicapper and during his first 2 weeks of college football gambling last season he went 13 for 40. Talk about losing a boat load of cash.

His NFL picks are decent, but i pay no attention to him for college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I know we settled down later and pulled away but.....I'm really worried about the Right side of our OL after watching the LaTech game. I'm afraid LSUs DE will eat our lunch often. You know Dan and staff know this as well and have something schemed to minimize that weakness.

With that said, our defense will show up to play and keep us in the game.
    Is LSU's line in much better shape?

I don't think either OLine is going to have a fun day.

I think the question is how much better is Guice than Williams/Hill and does Etling's superior short and intermediate passing game help open things up for Guice more than Fitz's running ability.

The reason I think LSU is going to win is that they are more likely to get bailed out by a receiver breaking a huge play.

vCash
    24-17 MSU.

Defense shows up and hits them in the mouth and shuts down guice.
    Etling throws atleast one pick that leads to an easy touchdown for Fitz.
    OL plays good, not great, but good enough to rush it down their throat and set up the PA for Fitz.
    Tucker day makes a 40+ FG to give us some cushion late in the game.

vCash
    I just remember last year the ref standing there watching LF tackle our pass rusher on etling's early TD pass. I have no confidence the refs call holding on lsu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The closer we get to game day, the more confidence people outside of the MSU fan base are showing in LSU.

The line has risen from LSU -6 to now LSU -7.5

Lee Sterling just picked LSU to blow us out.

Jacob Hester last night picked LSU to win by two scores

Brad Edwards wasn't sure if it would be a close game when Bo Bounds talked to him earlier this week.

Looks like we are going to have to step up & play lights out tomorrow night.

Personally, I think our defense will play great, but I'm having trouble figuring out where we will find a play maker on offense. You know LSU will start by shutting down Fitz, which means other guys will have to step up, but I'm just not sure who those other guys are.

The best chance MSU has to win tomorrow night IMO, is if our OL just comes out & pops LSU's DL in the mouth & plays far better than expected. LSU has some injuries on the DL, so this isn't totally out of the question. Just unlikely.
    2-23 over the last 25 years will do that to Joe Public. Truth is the last 3 years have been really close. Total score 73-73

vCash
    Auburn 14 started with us up by 14 very quick. Which is polar opposite of the norm. We always seem to start in a hole. Need to repeat AU 14 and keep pushing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDawgBiscuit View Post
    Auburn 14 started with us up by 14 very quick. Which is polar opposite of the norm. We always seem to start in a hole. Need to repeat AU 14 and keep pushing
    To start hot, Fitz will have to come out settled down. Give him Benedryl before the game or let knock up his girlfriend 20 min before kickoff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If O is planning on playing a guy that is out of shape and still not 100% after shoulder surgery then he's really worried about this game. This is a big game for him. I guarantee you he's more nervous about this game than Mullen. Mullen is going to pull some head fakes on O that put his limited head coaching experience to the test.
    They should play the 4th and one play from O's last egg bowl over and over and over again during warm ups.

vCash
    It's tough without perimeter players. I just don't know if we can win the one on one matchups. Gonzo's recruiting the past 3 years is really going to hold this team back. Fortunately he seems to have corrected it this year with Guidry and Heath.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    The Line opened at 6.5 and has moved with public betting. People just see a relatively small line, and then see LSU and MSU names and place a wager.

Sharp money has not come in yet, and it will be interesting to see what the line does tomorrow morning and afternoon. I think it may slide back closer to where it originally opened. Time will tell
    Smart money sees a cover they want to take but waits for the line to move up before doing placing a bet (for the added insurance). This is a perfect example. Line was always going to move up just because there are more LSU homers and college football fans in general that see it as easy money because they don't know shit about MSU. Our line will always move in favor of the other team when playing anyone with a national brand (LSU, Bama, Auburn, etc.). Always.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    To start hot, Fitz will have to come out settled down. Give him Benedryl before the game or let knock up his girlfriend 20 min before kickoff
    Or make him throw up like Wayne Madkin used to do before every game.

vCash
    We will have to play like our hair is on fire to have a chance. We will even have to step up the intensity in the 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    What a bunch of p***ies! "Our OL is suspect" "we've only beat them twice" " gabe is hurt"

NUT UP

We will win this game.
    Only if the defense scores points. Sorry...

vCash
    2014, opening spread, LSU -9.5 - we won by 5 i believe
    2015, opening spread, LSU.-2, lost by 2
    2016, opening spread, LSU-16, lost by 3
    2017 opening spread was what lsu-6.5?
    The days of LSU beating us handily are over. We are equals. Win or lose it will be close. I like 24-17 State or 24-21 State.

vCash
    We need to be able to consistently move the ball with our RB's. If we can do that, we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    2014, opening spread, LSU -9.5 - we won by 5 i believe
    2015, opening spread, LSU.-2, lost by 2
    2016, opening spread, LSU-16, lost by 3
    2017 opening spread was what lsu-6.5?
    The days of LSU beating us handily are over. We are equals. Win or lose it will be close. I like 24-17 State or 24-21 State.
    Looks like we need the spread to be -9.5

Banned
    vCash
    It's always been State verses the world. Thankfully, we don't need the world. We just need a band of brothers in Maroon and White ready to go to war for one another. We've got that. We all we got. We all we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    What a bunch of p***ies! "Our OL is suspect" "we've only beat them twice" " gabe is hurt"

NUT UP

We will win this game.
    This bunch wouldn't take their phone out of their pocket between the third and fourth quarters of the last two games. Your just asking to much.

My son has tickets for he and I for the Ga game, you going?

Banned
    vCash
    Herbstreit picked us to win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    It's always been State verses the world. Thankfully, we don't need the world. We just need a band of brothers in Maroon and White ready to go to war for one another. We've got that. We all we got. We all we need.
    This!!! Great post! When has it not been us against the world.