Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabe Myles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think it's Gray. So I have zero worries
    How good is LSU's punter? Isn't he rugby style? If he screws up and gives him something he can handle Gray may be the hero Saturday night. The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think it's Gray. So I have zero worries
    Yep. If anything, Gray will be a big upgrade on Myles at PR. Dude was absolutely electric at it in HS and JUCO. I have no idea why we haven't put him back there before now.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Is likely out this week and next week. Nothing serious, but he's banged up. Not good timing, but it's football.
    Broken toe or something?

vCash
    Myles is to fragile for football.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    How good is LSU's punter? Isn't he rugby style? If he screws up and gives him something he can handle Gray may be the hero Saturday night. The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.
    ^^this!

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The man was amazing returning punts at Co-Lin. I don't know why he isn't the primary punt returner. I guess Mullen may question his decision making (whether to fair catch or not) because we know he can catch the ball.
    My guess is because he muffed a few while at Co-Lin.

vCash
    Don't they have another Aussie kicking for them? I want to say they had a couple of really bad punts vs BYU, but you can do that against BYU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    My guess is because he muffed a few while at Co-Lin.
    That's scary. I thought Mixon was Gabes backup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Yep. If anything, Gray will be a big upgrade on Myles at PR. Dude was absolutely electric at it in HS and JUCO. I have no idea why we haven't put him back there before now.
    Probably his hands.

The #1 thing a PR must have is good hands. In fact, if I was a coach, I would put my most sure-handed player back there and tell him to fair catch essentially everything. There's just so little potential reward in punt returns now, and the chances of something bad (i.e. a penalty, muffed punt, or your PR hurt) far outweigh that. I wouldn't even block all that much. Just have my guy sit back there, catch it, and bring my offense out.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's scary. I thought Mixon was Gabes backup.
    I think he is but they may give Donald the opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Gray ran a kick off back against CSU and looked like a turbo charged bulldozer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Probably his hands.

The #1 thing a PR must have is good hands. In fact, if I was a coach, I would put my most sure-handed player back there and tell him to fair catch essentially everything. There's just so little potential reward in punt returns now, and the chances of something bad (i.e. a penalty, muffed punt, or your PR hurt) far outweigh that. I wouldn't even block all that much. Just have my guy sit back there, catch it, and bring my offense out.
    but the opponent's response would be to just kick every punt as far as they can, not caring about hangtime like normal. so 40 yard punts with a fair catch would turn into 50 and 55 yard punts with a fair catch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    but the opponent's response would be to just kick every punt as far as they can, not caring about hangtime like normal. so 40 yard punts with a fair catch would turn into 50 and 55 yard punts with a fair catch.
    Good point. You would have to give the PR the option to bring it out if it's wide open in front of him, but frankly I might go with that anyway. There are so many block-in-the-back penalties now on returns, and so few actual good returns, that I might even accept the bigger kicks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Sheesh Gabe.
    What's this mean? Not like he got caught smoking weed or not paying parking tickets. He's injured dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Broken toe or something?
    Moultrie knee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Moultrie knee
    Your lack of punctuation leaves me wondering if this is a question or statement.
    I would be surprised if Gabe had that particular ailment.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I'm more worried about their return game. Cooke is a hell of a punter, but they always seem to run one back on us at the least opportune time. Mixon or Gray will be fine I think. Either one could get loose as much as the other, so long as they catch them lean I'm good with it.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    This is a big blow. Gabe gives us speed to stretch the field. The LSU DB's will be able to blanket Todd, Couch, and Jessie Jackson bc they're all slower in my opinion. We may see a hell of a lot of 2 TE sets and really try to let them help block in the run game & slip out on play action to be a big part of the pass game. As for WR's, we need Gray and Mixon to step the hell up, because they are going to have to get separation and provide us some catches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This is a big blow. Gabe gives us speed to stretch the field. The LSU DB's will be able to blanket Todd, Couch, and Jessie Jackson bc they're all slower in my opinion. We may see a hell of a lot of 2 TE sets and really try to let them help block in the run game & slip out on play action to be a big part of the pass game. As for WR's, we need Gray and Mixon to step the hell up, because they are going to have to get separation and provide us some catches.
    Its not your opinion, its physics. They are slower.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Myles has 4 catches on the year. We will be ok without him. Kinda hoping we see some more of Osirus Mitchell. Talk about a guy nobody on LSU will cover or pay any attention to. He could sneak behind the defense for an easy score if we throw it to him.