Thread: You want to know how to combat Spirit boycotts?

vCash

You want to know how to combat Spirit boycotts?

I like the feeling today of people sick of how they boycott MS businesses over and over through the years. You have to think about strategy though. A counter boycott holds a business hostage meanwhile the spirit doesn't care what's happening to them. Your aim isn't hitting its target. The person you must ultimately hold responsible for the years of boycotts & strong-arm tactics are the brass at the spirit. Even if they weren't responsible for the posts, they chose not to moderate them and keep that behavior in check. I've never seen that on Paul's board, Steve's board, or here where I'll end it if I see it. Per C34, he doesn't want boycotts on this board. The question is what can you do? For years, the spirit has had no oversight from Scout. Now at 247 there is professionalism clauses in their contracts and they have oversight via Shannon Terry. We've already seen Shannon call Yancy to the carpet publicly for ridiculous behavior. All these screen shots of the spirit are all over Twitter these days. If you see one that doesn't look professional, email it to 247. Anything you see from the spirit organizing attacks on MS citizens needs to be immediately emailed to 247 and Shannon Terry. This aim is more likeky to hit the target and have an impact instead of holding businesses hostage.

vCash
    Good post.

vCash
    Bump! Great Post!

vCash
    They attempted to get Steve's book banned at Lemuria in Jackson. Just also happened to be "banned books" week at Lemuria. Needless to say, they didn't comply.

vCash
    Thanks for the tip Beast, will do. I haven't tried but I wonder if I can get to Spirit since Scout merged with 247, I have a 247 subscription and can look at the UM site and board, I'll try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    They attempted to get Steve's book banned at Lemuria in Jackson. Just also happened to be "banned books" week at Lemuria. Needless to say, they didn't comply.
    Reeds is still selling the book. Ultimately, Steve gets his money and another boycott failed.

Banned
    vCash
    No boycotts on Steve's board????

#Outback2000
    #NeverForget

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Good post...

Beast, do you not find it ironic that Ben Garrett calls people on twitter creepy because they did a little digging and found out his Dad owns some Newks, but yet he's investigating and reporting on a 20 year old college kid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Good post...

Beast, do you not find it ironic that Ben Garrett calls people on twitter creepy because they did a little digging and found out his Dad owns some Newks, but yet he's investigating and reporting on a 20 year old college kid?
    IF Ben would do a little investigation he would find out even more on OM..... Pay day some day.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Good post...

Yes i do but he works for the spirit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Yes i do but he works for the spirit.

Ben Garrett
    @SpiritBen
    Editor of the Ole Miss Spirit | Check out my podcast, Talk of Champions:

I scrolled through his twitter page... Hum????

vCash
    Doesn't Elitedawgs actively boycott the Clarion Ledger? Links are deleted if posted.

vCash

So I can finally go to Outback Steakhouse? **

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I like the feeling today of people sick of how they boycott MS businesses over and over through the years. You have to think about strategy though. A counter boycott holds a business hostage meanwhile the spirit doesn't care what's happening to them. Your aim isn't hitting its target. The person you must ultimately hold responsible for the years of boycotts & strong-arm tactics are the brass at the spirit. Even if they weren't responsible for the posts, they chose not to moderate them and keep that behavior in check. I've never seen that on Paul's board, Steve's board, or here where I'll end it if I see it. Per C34, he doesn't want boycotts on this board. The question is what can you do? For years, the spirit has had no oversight from Scout. Now at 247 there is professionalism clauses in their contracts and they have oversight via Shannon Terry. We've already seen Shannon call Yancy to the carpet publicly for ridiculous behavior. All these screen shots of the spirit are all over Twitter these days. If you see one that doesn't look professional, email it to 247. Anything you see from the spirit organizing attacks on MS citizens needs to be immediately emailed to 247 and Shannon Terry. This aim is more likeky to hit the target and have an impact instead of holding businesses hostage.
    Nm

Banned
    vCash

The same way our grandfathers and great-grandfathers did against thugs and bullies