Thread: The difference in vacated wims and forfeited games

vCash

The difference in vacated wims and forfeited games

There was a discussion tonight on ESPNU radio about the USC / Texas series records. One mouth piece was saying it was 4-0 due to vacated wins and the other was debating it was 4-1 due to a forfeit. Who cares what the answer is, but I did look up what each really meant by the NCAA. This could apply to Ole Piss with the ruling coming down. Interesting bathroom reading.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    There was a discussion tonight on ESPNU radio about the USC / Texas series records. One mouth piece was saying it was 4-0 due to vacated wins and the other was debating it was 4-1 due to a forfeit. Who cares what the answer is, but I did look up what each really meant by the NCAA. This could apply to Ole Piss with the ruling coming down. Interesting bathroom reading.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/friv/forfeits.html
    USC screwed it up in their media guides...

With a forfeit, the Ws and Ls are reversed on each program's records...

Vacated wins "go away" but the loss remains for the "cheated" opponent.... it's silly....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Tusk, I saw the vacated wins for 2005-2007 for Bama. I don't remember what happened for that to come down. (Serious question and no slight against UA) Can you expand on it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    Tusk, I saw the vacated wins for 2005-2007 for Bama. I don't remember what happened for that to come down. (Serious question and no slight against UA) Can you expand on it?
    I think that was the "Textbook Scandal"... Student Athletes were using stipend/skolly money to buy then sell books for cash... oh, and I think we were still on probation at the time... not sure...

edit: I wasn't exactly right.... here's the skinny: http://www.espn.com/college-football...ory?id=4250596
    Last edited by TUSK; 09-13-2017 at 11:24 PM.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I think that was the "Textbook Scandal"... Student Athletes were using stipend/skolly money to buy then sell books for cash... oh, and I think we were still on probation at the time... not sure...
    The boys were just practicing capitalism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

edit: I wasn't exactly right.... here's the skinny: http://www.espn.com/college-football...ory?id=4250596
    It's something the NCAA does to Alabama every 10 years, so everyone doesn't think the NCAA lets Bama get away with what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It's something the NCAA does to Alabama every 10 years, so everyone doesn't think the NCAA lets Bama get away with what they want.
    That's right... and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the NCAA used testimony from (arch) rival coaches (under immunity), along with FBI investigation/subpoena power to nearly give Bammer the DP when there was no tangible evidence of rules violations ~'99...

FWIW, we got what we deserved, IMO...

No.