Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reeds cancels Rosebowl's book signing

vCash

Reeds cancels Rosebowl's book signing

Bear fans, on the Spirit, are having a boycott drive against stores that have Rosie signings. They called Reed's in Tupelo and threatened to not buy from there again if they had the signing. Reed's showed no backbone in caving to people calling, that didn't even know it existed before the spirit post.

So, if you're in the Tupelo area, let them know you won't be buying anything from them since they caved to the snow flakes. Boycott's are dumb, but it just amazes me a company lets a bunch of weirdo's dictate how they do business.

vCash
    Time to vote with your pocketbook. Reed's should get no more Bulldog $$$.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    How about MSU fans not buying things from Reed's unless they have a signing? Just saying. If they want to cave, lets see who they need more. Reeds in Starkville, Columbus, and Tupelo probably needs MSU fans.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Reed's in Columbus is closing soon. Announced in the local paper a few weeks ago. Don't know about the other stores.

vCash
    We occasionally buy during the year, but at Christmas my wife always bought Reed's t-shirts for all the kids and grandkids, so a fairly substantial one time purchase. Not this year. We will go somewhere else or order from some company like LL Bean. No more Reeds for me and I urge all MSU fans to boycott all their stores. I went on their web site to see if I could send them an e-mail but they don't have that available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    How about MSU fans not buying things from Reed's unless they have a signing? Just saying. If they want to cave, lets see who they need more. Reeds in Starkville, Columbus, and Tupelo probably needs MSU fans.
    Yes-I'm sure that Starkville store will do really well now!

vCash
    Jesus H Christ. You people are going to counter boycott to match the physcopaths on the Spirit? This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to call Reed's and tell them exactly who I am and that my family's business had to deal with a spirit boycott also a few years back. I'm going to let them know not to worry because it will amount to absolutely zero. There is so much more I could say but I'll refrain. I don't see that on State boards and it needs to stop in this thread. Reed's has done zero wrong and don't deserve any of this. The best thing you could do is buy more from Reeds and let them know who matters to their business.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 09-14-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I disagree. As a business if you cater to all it shouldn't be a problem from the crazies as they die out fast. If you lean one way you have to be prepared to handle whatever comes, or doesn't, from the other side. I think it's shitty to call business and tell them I'm not coming back. The way to do it is just not go back. It's even shittier to be a ***** and cave to assholes calling and telling you what they are gonna do. ****ing weak trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Bear fans, on the Spirit, are having a boycott drive against stores that have Rosie signings. They called Reed's in Tupelo and threatened to not buy from there again if they had the signing. Reed's showed no backbone in caving to people calling, that didn't even know it existed before the spirit post.

So, if you're in the Tupelo area, let them know you won't be buying anything from them since they caved to the snow flakes. Boycott's are dumb, but it just amazes me a company lets a bunch of weirdo's dictate how they do business.
    as of now I will not do business with any business that I know is own by ole miss people or has ole miss crap hanging on the wall. Also if the occasion ever arise and I am in Tupelo I will not do business with Reeds.

I suspect there are a lot more book readers who went to state then Ole Miss. Reeds ****ed up! It goes both ways.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-14-2017 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    That should be illegal to do in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Tortious Interference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What should be illegal? Maybe I don't have my forum viewing options set properly, but I can't tell who you're replying to.

vCash
    I don't have an issue doing business with someone who has Ole Miss crap on the wall. Most of their fans are like any of us. Trying to support their families and cheering for the home team. I don't categorically avoid doing business with OM fans.

I absolutely, positively will not do business with Cannon Motors and will chastise any State fan who does. If you buy/lease/repair cars from Cannon you may as well give money to OM football players. Also, any of the State fans/farmers asked to participate in any law suits run by Charlie Merkel should be whipped. I'm sure there are some other specific examples where it totally makes sense to not do business with OM fans.

vCash
    Refusing to do business with any business whose owner is an OM fan seems like a poor life choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Refusing to do business with any business whose owner is an OM fan seems like a poor life choice.
    That's a negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustydawg View Post
    I don't have an issue doing business with someone who has Ole Miss crap on the wall. Most of their fans are like any of us. Trying to support their families and cheering for the home team. I don't categorically avoid doing business with OM fans.

I absolutely, positively will not do business with Cannon Motors and will chastise any State fan who does. If you buy/lease/repair cars from Cannon you may as well give money to OM football players. Also, any of the State fans/farmers asked to participate in any law suits run by Charlie Merkel should be whipped. I'm sure there are some other specific examples where it totally makes sense to not do business with OM fans.
    If you only knew the rest of those attorneys in the muck.... Rebel Rags or any of his other so called businesses....

vCash
    Boycotting may or may not be effective, but I do think calling them out on a transparent cave-in is warranted. This was my reply to their Facebook post:

Dear Reed's,

What is best for all the fine universities in our state is certainly not to pretend that the truth isn't what it is. Steve Robertson has done the state of Mississippi a service by uncovering deep and wanton corruption in an institution partially funded by your own tax dollars. He did the research the leading state media refused to do, stood firm in the face of lies and threats, and produced a book that achieved a number one ranking. He is a successful Mississippi author and deserves to be recognized for his work.

Your decision to cancel a signing event isn't really about celebrating the best in our universities. It is about enabling the pettiness of people who want to pretend the lies they swallowed for so long haven't been laid bare. You have caved to a reality-rejecting population who need a maroon devil to blame for red and blue sins.

Your justification for cancelling is weak, unconvincing, and transparent. For a retailer with generations of customers in the state, perhaps you can best understand people's reaction to your disappointing spinelessness in this form: "Nobody is buying what you're selling."

Good luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    "Nobody is buying what you're selling."
    I see what you did there.

vCash
    Oh my God. Really? Are UM fans that vain and thin skinned? Wait, don't answer that, stupid question. Of course they are. It's just fascinating how pretentious they are and how they insist on dragging everybody else down with them if things aren't going their way.

Good Lord what a bunch of babies.
    Last edited by BossDawg; 09-14-2017 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I disagree. As a business if you cater to all it shouldn't be a problem from the crazies as they die out fast. If you lean one way you have to be prepared to handle whatever comes, or doesn't, from the other side. I think it's shitty to call business and tell them I'm not coming back. The way to do it is just not go back. It's even shittier to be a ***** and cave to assholes calling and telling you what they are gonna do. ****ing weak trash.
    They are selling his book. Steve gets his money. End of story. And now the spirit has opened themselves up to potential litigation because Reed's was bullied in to cancelling. Starting a boycott thread was stupid. Reopening a closed boycott thread was well, not my decision. Further, messing with Reed's does not solve the problem. Is started another thread with a more tactical strategy to combat spirit boycott.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 09-14-2017 at 03:58 PM.