Thread: The whole armed guard thing at the COI hearing

vCash

The whole armed guard thing at the COI hearing

The more I think about the armed guards being outside the hearing doors, the more I think that Ole Miss is going to get sooo hammered. Think about it.

Who would have hired the security...... The NCAA.
    Why would they have hired the security???? Because dumb @ss Ole Miss released the date, location, and committee member names to the public.

The fact that the NCAA feared for the safety of their committee members speaks volumes of what they think about Ole Miss and their fans. I'm betting the Ole Miss crew was told how appalled they were at how Ole Miss is handling the confidentiality at the very beginning of the hearing. The fact that they were instructed by their boss (the NCAA) that the hearing, NOA, student athletes, etc, are to remain confidential and Ole Miss blew right through that.

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status...-makes-twitter

vCash
    I heard on local (Jackson) news this morning on my drive to work that the security at the COI meeting was because of death threats that Leo Lewis had received. That's the only place I've heard that.... no idea if it's true.

vCash
    It is hilarious that he tried to use that to show evidence of the NCAA process being less than transparent. They're not there to protect the information there, moron, they're there to protect the people inside from you and all the other morons.

vCash
    If you watch the ABC news report linked in that tweet, the reporter says that the NCAA told him that they have received threats from UMiss fans. Talk about unhinged.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    If you watch the ABC news report linked in that tweet, the reporter says that the NCAA told him that they have received threats from UMiss fans. Talk about unhinged.
    I liked the comment, "If you expect hookers to show up, you better be packing."
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I liked the comment, "If you expect hookers to show up, you better be packing."
    Or maybe a jealous husband or two.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I could be wrong, but I think WAPT was the only Jackson news station to make a trip up to Ky. They were more concerned about Leo than ole miss and their 21 violations. I know that WLBT was not there.

vCash
    Direct link to WAPT story... They mention security is not normal.

UM should be embarrassed.. and it is THEIR FAULT. They released the confidential details of who was on the committee and where it would be.
    They have slandered SA 39 and broken laws by putting out who he was.

http://www.wapt.com/article/ole-miss...-down/12232055
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-13-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    You all know you can't trust rednecks in a frenzy. They needed the security.

vCash
    Bjork is a smug looking little turd aint he?

vCash
    And then there's this:
    Meet the Ole Miss message board poster who went to the university's NCAA hearing

vCash
    Clant Seay is a 71-year-old attorney interested in animal welfare. He moonlights as a citizen journalist with his website billygoboy.com, and he also regularly posts on the RebelGrove.com message boards under the handle “jhvaught.”

Mostly, Seay said, he’s an Ole Miss Rebel.

That’s what led him roughly 300 miles this week to this Cincinnati suburb, where he spent many hours Monday and Tuesday sitting in the corner of the lobby of the Embassy Suites, right outside the doors of the ballroom where the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions held Ole Miss’ hearing....

“I think it’s one of those deals where this entire saga is borderline insane and it’s just the latest chapter,” said RebelGrove publisher Neal McCready. “If it were on anything else, it would have more value, but we’re so numb to chaos at this point that it’s almost semi-normal that he’s over there covering the story for billygoboy.com.”....

"If you need to know anything about jhvaught, it's that he's obsessed with Ole Miss," Ole Miss Spirit editor Ben Garrett said, "but also, he's not afraid to stand firmly behind his stances because he's been banned from the Ole Miss Spirit message boards, immediately went to RebelGrove and started with the same shtick ... and now, he's here. That's surreal."....

It’s a concerning time, Seay admits. But he posted that it was a pleasure to share the past two days with members of the Ole Miss family, while he was sitting in the corner of that lobby, outside those doors, snapping his photos, pondering identities of individuals he didn’t recognize.

Think of the money we’ve all spent this week to sit in a hotel lobby while armed guards guard a door that no one is thinking of threatening," McCready said. "All of the energy that could have gone to so many other things. I don’t know. In some ways, he fits.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Direct link to WAPT story... They mention security is not normal.

UM should be embarrassed.. and it is THEIR FAULT. They released the confidential details of who was on the committee and where it would be.
    They have slandered SA 39 and broken laws by putting out who he was.

http://www.wapt.com/article/ole-miss...-down/12232055
    ["Once the ruling is issued, Ole Miss has 24 hours to look over the report before it's released to the public."] I would bet my left and right nut we don't see it in 24 hours and look at my vCash, I ain't scared.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-13-2017 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    ["Once the ruling is issued, Ole Miss has 24 hours to look over the report before it's released to the public."] I would bet my left and right nut we don't see it in 24 hours and look at my vCash, I ain't scared.

Pretty sure the NCAA releases it to the public 24 hours after they send it to UMiss.

vCash
    Pretty sure the NCAA releases it to the public 24 hours after they send it to UMiss.
    I thought the NCAA only gave them one hour and then NCAA releases it to the public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Think of the money we’ve all spent this week to sit in a hotel lobby while armed guards guard a door that no one is thinking of threatening," McCready said.
    Guess who's responsible for that...

vCash
    Let me clarify, if it is up to Ole Miss to get it out within 24 hours I will bet my left and right nut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Let me clarify, if it is up to Ole Miss to get it out within 24 hours I will bet my left and right nut.
    It's not up to OM. The final report is released by the NCAA to the public. That is officially the first time the NCAA will release something to the public directly. The school just gets a copy beforehand.