Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors making the rounds this morning

vCash

Rumors making the rounds this morning

The COI didn't request SA39 to testify, it was the investigation side that recommended it. They did so because SA39 was such a good witness. They wanted to make sure the COI got the full impact. The word is SA39's time before the COI went very smoothly

The video they showed the COI from Rebel Rags validated the allegations and has effively ended the lawsuit. Only question left now is whether a countersuit is filed.

Rumblings of a 3 year bowl ban were overheard

vCash
    3 year bowl ban is what I want the most. I wanna see the flood gates open on transfers knowing OM can't fill those spots with good players

vCash
    That is the rumor I'm hearing as well.

vCash
    Yep. Thats making the rounds. Now heard from 3 different people.

Can you imagine the look on their smug faces when everything they just said was a lie was upheld on a video?

So the big question is, does the NCAA consider them to be lying in the COI and throw the book at them now?

vCash
    What video?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What video?
    The NCAA had Kobe Jones video his Rebel Rags experience. Game Over

vCash
    But Ben says...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    First time I've heard about this. Ruh-Roh, bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Yep. Thats making the rounds. Now heard from 3 different people.

Can you imagine the look on their smug faces when everything they just said was a lie was upheld on a video?

So the big question is, does the NCAA consider them to be lying in the COI and throw the book at them now?
    Glad to hear you confirm, Hack, you always right on the money.

vCash
    BOOM!!!

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I go back to this time and again, they are not interested in punishing the SA's, they're after the adults who start it.

“Our desire is never to focus on student-athlete culpability,” Duncan said. “In enforcement, our broader desire is to zero in and focus on the adult culpability, the grown-ups who are involved in violations, and one way to substantiate information or to get refuting information is to talk to the student-athletes or prospective student-athletes, particularly in our focus areas of recruiting and academic integrity.

“It is effective to help encourage that young man or young woman to cooperate with us if he or she knows they’ll be eligible to play and won’t be cited for a violation of the infractions process.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ions/97658116/

vCash
    Whoa! Game changer. I've heard about the video he made of clothes received that included the assistant managers card and personal phone number, but are you saying he videoed his experience while in RR? That would be new info.

vCash
    Just to clarify: my understanding was that KJ videoed himself where he recounts the experience in RR. I don't think they sent him in with a hidden camera to RR, narc style. Am I wrong here?

vCash
    Whoa! Game changer. I've heard about the video he made of clothes received that included the assistant managers card and personal phone number, but are you saying he videoed his experience while in RR? That would be new info.
    That's what's being said.

vCash
    Leo is the one that videoed the clothes he got from RR and the business card with the cell phone number written on it. That was all listed in the NCAA response to OM's response. Haven't heard of an additional Kobe Jones' video before now.

Banned
    vCash
    Question: anybody know the difference between "immunity" and "limited immunity" re 39? At first it was just immunity then the ole miss writers started throwing the "limited" version out there. Any significance or just more rebel bullshit?

vCash
    The COI didn't request SA39 to testify, it was the investigation side that recommended it. They did so because SA39 was such a good witness. They wanted to make sure the COI got the full impact. The word is SA39's time before the COI went very smoothly

The video they showed the COI from Rebel Rags validated the allegations and has effively ended the lawsuit. Only question left now is whether a countersuit is filed.

Who is already talking punishments? Not saying they wont get that because they certainly deserve it, but if the hearing ended yesterday how are they already discussing bowl bans?

vCash

Was RR lawsuit only an attempt to get the NCAA's cards on the table before the COI?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Rueeee
    Last edited by Westdawg; 09-13-2017 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    But I thought Umiss had the only videos what would dominate the hearing, and cause the anal sphincters to pucker? So for all these years the Umiss "fan-boys" had it exactly 110% wrong? Who'd a thunk it?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......