Thread: Rest of the West

vCash

Rest of the West

I'm not sure about you guys, but outside of the normal dominance of Alabama, does anyone in the west scare you?

Auburn is winnable now. They aren't good offensively. Their weakness is OL and our strength is front 7.

TAMU blew it against UCLA and was tied with Nichols in the 4th. Nothing they do scares me. We've beaten better TAMU teams for sure.

Arkansas isn't good offensively either. No real weapons and they just don't have enough to compete.

LSU still a bit of an unknown to me. Probably the 2nd best team but not sure. Definitely not scared of this game.

OM is putting up video game offense numbers. But they haven't played a defense with a pulse yet and their 1's have given up points when they shouldn't.

I'm not saying we are better than everyone, but I definitely don't see a gauntlet that's unmanageable. Anyone else agree?

vCash
    Yes with what I've seen the schedule is not as tough as it once looked. AM, arky and om should all be wins. And like you I see us having a good chance to beat lsu and auburn. I think we will be competitive with bama but they just have way to much. It's setting up to be a 8-9 win year and maybe 10 if some things break right for us. I thought 7-8 max but I've changed my thinking.

vCash
    Auburn just held Clemson to 14. They will be tough to win at.

vCash
    TAMU and UPIGG look winnable.

Barn and LSU could be defensive slugfests...

Bama is a loss, but I blv they'll know they've been in a tough game

vCash
    My expectation is fourth in the west as of now, at least excluding the east part of the schedule. Bama, Auburn, lsu, us, a&m, ark, ole miss. I think bama is by itself but it's Oline and Auburns d will put bama at risk for that game. I think there's a little bit of a gap and then it will be lay and us neck and neck. I think everybody after us is mostly interchangeable.

But we'll see what it looks like when we play good competition. Right now MSU, lsu, and ole miss haven't really played any good competition yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Auburn's defensive front is elite - with a Bulldog legacy as their star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Auburn's defensive front is elite - with a Bulldog legacy as their star.
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    That was a very impressive performance from the auburn defense. Of note though, Clemson lost their qb, top 2 rushers, and top 2 receivers. Watson and Williams were both top 12 draft picks.

vCash
    Auburn is still probably the 3rd best team in the West, but I think we are right there with them. I think our offenses are at least comparable in terms of who's better. Their defense is probably better but ours is damn good.

But I don't think we need them to have an off night to beat them. We go toe to toe with them and I think we've got a reasonable chance to win. Question in that game is who's OL plays the best? Both DLs are going to be good, but can we get a sack fumble, or get a pick 6 to turn the field. For the first time in a while, I feel comfortable with us being able to win games where we score under 30 points.

vCash
    I think fourth in the west is about right

vCash

I'd pump the breaks until we can demonstrate more proficiency in the passing game.

Fitz is no more accurate than he was a year ago and that's a problem and they aren't going to let him run the ball as much as he did last year, kinda like Dak in his senior year. Defense is WAY better but don't even get me started on the kicking game.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)