Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Fitz and Our WRs Good Enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We are good team, but this issue will prevent us from having a chance to beat teams that we struggle to run on.
    Of course but the issue is mostly with him having time to throw and WR dropping passes. The two weaknesses of our team that we all knew about, OL and WR. Fitz ain't the problem here, have to remember he is still learning. Dak went through the EXACT same issues.

Banned
    vCash
    yea, let's hope Mullen's not trying to put another notch in his QB development resume to the detriment of the team. I know he loves all the media blow jobs but Fitz ain't ready for an early exit to the NFL. I don't care WHAT the NFL "experts" are saying. play to your player's strengths and let things progress. but shotgun is right, we don't have time to wait, we need some semblance of a down field threat or we are going to get our asses stomped by legit SEC teams.

vCash
    The issue is Nick. He's too amped up before the game and it takes him some time to settle. He was 10 out of the last 11 passes. We do not have a Bear and winning will take spreading the ball around to the WRs and TEs AND the RBs out of the backfield.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Of course but the issue is mostly with him having time to throw and WR dropping passes. The two weaknesses of our team that we all knew about, OL and WR. Fitz ain't the problem here, have to remember he is still learning. Dak went through the EXACT same issues.
    no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    no.
    ahem... please see my signature.

Thank you for your compliance in this matter.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I think Fitz can be a great college QB for us. I also think people need to stop with the NFL talk regarding Fitz. I don't see it, tbh. That being said, we can still win a lot of games with him as our QB. He needs to get better in his reads, tho. Much better. That part of his game needs a lot of work.

vCash
    Nick isn't ready for the NFL now but he's gonna be by the end of his senior year and yes he has some warts but what qb doesn't. Our qb situation is better than it's ever been in our history. Nick has to get better obviously but the kids a gamer a competitor and wants to win. Some qbs start fast and fade, some start slow and get better as the game goes on. Nick is the latter right now and I'm sure he's working to become more consistent.

vCash
    The way I see it, we are better than Kentucky, and Arkansas on talent. We are a better team than A&M and Ole Miss. LSU is a match. Georgia - I like them better since on the road, and they are a strong second half performer. Auburn would be in trouble if in Starkville. If we win one game out of next 3, we should finish 8-4 4-4, or 9-3 and 5-3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The way I see it, we are better than Kentucky, and Arkansas on talent. We are a better team than A&M and Ole Miss. LSU is a match. Georgia - I like them better since on the road, and they are a strong second half performer. Auburn would be in trouble if in Starkville. If we win one game out of next 3, we should finish 8-4 4-4, or 9-3 and 5-3.
    That's how I see it too.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree 100% but we need him to be good now. Not in 3 years.

This is a win NOW team. We may be fielding a team with double digit NFL players right now.

Development is great, but let's 17ing win something.
    2018 is the "win now" year. We have a few good pieces now, especially on defense. Perhaps enough to get to 9-3, maybe even 10-2 (either would be amazing in my book). But, Bama's D is gonna rip our ass a new one just like they always do. And because of that, we aren't going to win anything substantial that Mullen hasn't already accomplished....not this year. My guess is you probably already knew that before you started this thread.

2018 is when Guidry, Heath, and Murphy get here, Rivers, Cole, and all our redshirting OL get on the field, Fitz gets another year of polish, and we lose basically no impact seniors except Gray, Rankin, and Jordan Thomas. That is when we need to be competitive for the West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    2018 is the "win now" year. We have a few good pieces now, especially on defense. Perhaps enough to get to 9-3, maybe even 10-2 (either would be amazing in my book). But, Bama's D is gonna rip our ass a new one just like they always do. And because of that, we aren't going to win anything substantial that Mullen hasn't already accomplished this year. My guess is you probably already knew that before you started this thread.

2018 is when Guidry, Heath, and Murphy get here, Rivers, Cole, and all our redshirting OL get on the field, Fitz gets another year of polish, and we lose basically no impact seniors except Gray, Rankin, and Jordan Thomas. That is when we need to be competitive for the West.
    I really like how it's shaping up for next season, but rankin will be a huge loss. Unless Reese and Eliand make huge strides this year, '18 could be missing a huge piece, OTs

vCash
    This is the 8-9 win year. Next year is the year to make the next step. I think the majority of us realized that going into this year. We weren't gonna win the west this year unless the bama team vanishes off the face of the earth and it would still be difficult this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really like how it's shaping up for next season, but rankin will be a huge loss. Unless Reese and Eliand make huge strides this year, '18 could be missing a huge piece, OTs
    That is right. Somebody will have to step up. We'll probably have a few guys like Sweat and maybe Gerri Green who declare early for the draft who will also be big losses. Nobody ever has a perfect offseason. But, next year could see our team with much less uncertainty than any MSU team I can renember in terms of the options we will have at all positions.

vCash
    Next year, we could have the best defense we've ever put on the field. Very good, and very deep. If we had a shoe-in ready for LT, we'd possibly have the best offense we ever assembled, as well.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    ahem... please see my signature.

Thank you for your compliance in this matter.
    I think that's the 2nd time you've busted me for that. just couldn't help myself sir.