Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New hype video

vCash

New hype video

I recommend pausing the video for the crushing hits on their QB. You can see the pain on the poor guys face.

vCash
    Bring back "Relentless"

vCash
    Better than the last one.

vCash
    This was awesome. Low key.

vCash

vCash
    yeah, sorry hailstate production folks. This quantity vs quality excuse you rolled out isn't cutting it. I haven't seen an increase in frequency, just a noticeable cut in quality.

Banned
    vCash
    Weak, too much of the new radio guy. I like him and he has a good radio voice but let's keep him off the HYPE videos please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Better than the last one.
    Maybe they lost the talent that was doing these. These efforts are weak. Music selection blows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Maybe they lost the talent that was doing these.
    We went from Francis Coppola, to Sofia Coppola**

vCash
    Anyone know what nonstudent type runs this effort?

vCash
    I thought it was just me. I used to anticipate the hype video each week. I'm hoping they can get their act together. They're almost Croom level.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Thanks. I thought it was really good. will and did watch again.

Banned
    vCash
    Music selection blows.
    Guarantee MSU is trying to save a buck here. Larry Templeton is running the hype videos budget.

vCash
    Wouldn't motivate me to pick up a hundred dollar bill off the ground. My wife just watched it and said Madison Central videos are better!
    Come on, we can do better than this!

vCash
    The videos didn't get good in 2014 until we beat LSU. Gotta get wins against big competition to get real hype guys.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Hev must be recruiting the video producers now too****

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    yeah, sorry hailstate production folks. This quantity vs quality excuse you rolled out isn't cutting it. I haven't seen an increase in frequency, just a noticeable cut in quality.
    Agree completely. No increase in quantity, and decrease in quality. Last year we got a weekly 20 minute excellently produced "Relentless" episode, and 2-3 minute hype videos for each opponent right? So if there supposed to being creating more content then we could reasonably expect one of these 1-2 minute videos daily? Hopefully they'll step it up as these seasons progressive, because this $hit is Busch league.

Last edited by Perpetual Underachiever; 09-07-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: insert @hailstateproductions excuse for sucking

vCash
    Looked and sounded fine to me.

vCash
    Okay, here is where I am coming from and why.

1. Old farts like me get blasted by some on these forums for not letting the younger types advance the program in the modern era. The video department and the marketing folks really did a great job from day one hyping the 2014 team (2014 was the video department's first year) - they were new but closed the gap quickly and had some of us children of the 70's and 80's nodding our headphone covered ears to the editing and content of those videos. I used to forward these to colleges at work in Texas and they ate them up. One of their daughters is now got us on her short list for Vet School. May not seem like a big thing but how many students do those 'State to Sunday' billboards in Seattle and Philly get us? 4 Star recruits from those areas? 2 star guys? The point is those products got me to use social media for it's intended purpose and help the school in a very minute way. These products need to be good for that to continue.

2. Relentless - UNM and I think most of our SEC competitors continue to produce these shows. Their's are slick and well done. Our 1-2 minute clips are like B-Rolls shown on local news when they say 'Next up football with Joe Bob Dork and your Action 10 Sports Desk'.

3. Forgive me but this so smacks of Larry Templeton - it just looks like the old "What's wrong, we operate in the black and I put new lightbulbs in the bathrooms this season." The marketing department had been proof we were really pushing to the front of promoting ourselves. So when I see these efforts got south it concerns me. I wrote a polite letter to who I think is the responsible department head and will leave it at that. Ranting at City hall won't move the needle on this one and I am not a social media warrior like some.

vCash
    Okay, here is where I am coming from and why.

1. Old farts like me get blasted by some on these forums for not letting the younger types advance the program in the modern era. The video department and the marketing folks really did a great job from day one hyping the 2014 team (2014 was the video department's first year) - they were new but closed the gap quickly and had some of us children of the 70's and 80's nodding our headphone covered ears to the editing and content of those videos. I used to forward these to colleges at work in Texas and they ate them up. One of their daughters is now got us on her short list for Vet School. May not seem like a big thing but how many students do those 'State to Sunday' billboards in Seattle and Philly get us? 4 Star recruits from those areas? 2 star guys? The point is those products got me to use social media for it's intended purpose and help the school in a very minute way. These products need to be good for that to continue.

2. Relentless - UNM and I think most of our SEC competitors continue to produce these shows. Their's are slick and well done. Our 1-2 minute clips are like B-Rolls shown on local news when they say 'Next up football with Joe Bob Dork and your Action 10 Sports Desk'.

3. Forgive me but this so smacks of Larry Templeton - it just looks like the old "What's wrong, we operate in the black and I put new lightbulbs in the bathrooms this season." The marketing department had been proof we were really pushing to the front of promoting ourselves. So when I see these efforts got south it concerns me. I wrote a polite letter to who I think is the responsible department head and will leave it at that. Ranting at City hall won't move the needle on this one and I am not a social media warrior like some.
    Well said. I don't want to watch our players dance around in front of a flashing sign that says Starkvegas.