Thread: Flim Flam readers...

vCash

Flim Flam readers...

(gosh, the views from lurkers just with that title, lol!!)

... so what are your thoughts? Just got mine today and will start it tonight.

vCash
    Rosebowl did a good job. No big news broken in the book. It's stuff you already knew. But he lays out the timeline and he gives you more detail into stuff. It's a good read. Not juicy, but worth reading for Ole Miss haters like me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Rosebowl did a good job. No big news broken in the book. It's stuff you already knew. But he lays out the timeline and he gives you more detail into stuff. It's a good read. Not juicy, but worth reading for Ole Miss haters like me.
    I like it! But... rumor was that there was stuff in there that we hadn't heard yet. So, a little disappointed.

vCash
    I was a little disappointed because like he said there really isn't anything groundbreaking if you've been keeping up with it. I bought it to support Steve though because without him, we wouldn't have had the ole miss stuff to pass the time this summer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I like it! But... rumor was that there was stuff in there that we hadn't heard yet. So, a little disappointed.
    You do get some details we didn't know. Plus some great quotes from Houston Nutt. You will enjoy it.

vCash

Lightbulb

Hang tight guys, the "juice" is still being worked on...

Take time to Donate to EliteDawgs or The Go Fund Me started by Coach34 for his player don't forget to click an ad also....

There is "STUFF" going on still..... and yes, Illegal stuff at OM, as late as July 2017....

Psst.... as to Flim Flam.... most of EliteDawgs are "closer to known facts" and know more of the scoop than most of the Dawg's Fan and much much more than the average bear fan.....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 09-05-2017 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Hang tight guys, the "juice" is still being worked on...

Take time to Donate to EliteDawgs or The Go Fund Me started by Coach34 for his player don't forget to click an ad also....

There is "STUFF" going on still..... and yes, Illegal stuff at OM, as late as July 2017....

Psst.... as to Flim Flam.... most of EliteDawgs are "closer to known facts" and know more of the scoop than most of the Dawg's Fan and much much more than the average bear fan.....
    Huh?? Oh never mind it's Mimi. Don't have my decoder ring on me...

vCash
    What Mimi is saying is that there is still stuff going on that was not talked about in the book. Also, because we are members of this site and are privey to lots of information regarding what is going on, we already knew a bunch of the stuff in the book. Whereas with the normal people who don't obsess like we real fans do, they don't know a lot of this stuff and that the shit storm up there was completely covered up by the leadership and media for the tcun fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    You do get some details we didn't know. Plus some great quotes from Houston Nutt. You will enjoy it.
    Yes, this is true. While EliteDawg readers will already know much of the major subjects, there are details that make it well worth your time. I enjoyed learning of his personal deliberations about what to do about certain information that he had learned, etc. In all, you're going to see what a real investigative journalist does. You'll see the CL for what they are, and won't be surprised. Likewise, you won't be surprised by the bear-friendly media and their dealings.

What surprised me the most was the whole 'catfishing' thing. I didn't follow any of it on twitter. Steve details it quite well, and holy shit, it's very f'ing sad ("people suck" kind of sad).

vCash
    It's always important to document historical moments. In twenty years Flim Flam may be required reading for every freshman at State.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    This is OM HISTORY in the making.....

Yet, OM won't stop recruiting ILLEGALLY.... and one can bet the NCAA is still watching.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It's always important to document historical moments. In twenty years Flim Flam may be required reading for every freshman at State.
    Sorry about the double post....

vCash
    I just can't make myself contribute to the Rosie Nickelback fund.

vCash
    The catfish stuff was most interesting to me. I think he spent about 3 chapters on it. One thing I took away from it wasn't so much the om violations, but the cover-up by their media. Clarion Ledger takes a big hit in the book.

vCash
    2 things that stuck out to me (and I'm not quite done with the book yet)

1. Houston Nutt gave Steve a lot of good quotes and complimented him on the book and his investigative reporting - and yet Steve didn't sugar-coat Nutt's tenure at ole miss.

2. And I am amazed at the restraint Steve shows in not outing a couple of bad players in this whole fiasco. One was the middle-aged woman pretending to be a 20-something blond, blue-eyed coed (the catfish). The other being the guy that threatened Steve that he "would never speak again". Both of these asswipes deserve to have their name broadcast far and wide for their misdeeds. But Steve was the bigger person each time and decided to not hurt their families by exposing their stupidity. Props to Steve for that - don't know that I would have shown the same restraint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I just can't make myself contribute to the Rosie Nickelback fund.
    It's okay, I'll buy a second one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    What Mimi is saying is that there is still stuff going on that was not talked about in the book. Also, because we are members of this site and are privey to lots of information regarding what is going on, we already knew a bunch of the stuff in the book. Whereas with the normal people who don't obsess like we real fans do, they don't know a lot of this stuff and that the shit storm up there was completely covered up by the leadership and media for the tcun fans.
    Thanks for the translation! Good points...

vCash
    Chapter 17 is explosive!

vCash
    So the catfish wasn't a dude?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Chapter 17 is explosive!
    I cant wait haven't made it that far yet. About to wrap up the tonsil mess.

So the catfish wasn't a dude?
    That is what I was waiting for the whole time and then realized that it had to be a woman because she went on talk shows over the phone and had relationships with media that way.