Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

vCash
    How we looking now weatherdawgs?

To my untrained eye, it looks like we may be looking at a re-curve? Looks like it may be offshore from me late Monday or early Tuesday?

vCash
    I'm just an amateur but I saw a model earlier on Twitter that had a lot of it going east of Florida and turning up into Georgia and SC coast, But like I said I don't really know much about this kind of stuff. I do know that Miami was supposed to travel to Jonesboro, AR to play Arkansas State this weekend and they cancelled that game.

Banned
    vCash
    Doesn't look good for you. Hopefully it stays off the coast and you only get the left hand side of a weakened storm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    I'm just an amateur but I saw a model earlier on Twitter that had a lot of it going east of Florida and turning up into Georgia and SC coast, But like I said I don't really know much about this kind of stuff. I do know that Miami was supposed to travel to Jonesboro, AR to play Arkansas State this weekend and they cancelled that game.

Guys, a LOT of people on twitter and facebook are celebrating this turn to the east coast trend this morning. DO NOT take this as a certainty yet. The cone still covers the whole state of florida and can flip back to the west coast on the next set of model runs.

Continue to monitor and be ready for the WORST because this thing is very strong and not weakening at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Guys, a LOT of people on twitter and facebook are celebrating this turn to the east coast trend this morning. DO NOT take this as a certainty yet. The cone still covers the whole state of florida and can flip back to the west coast on the next set of model runs.

Continue to monitor and be ready for the WORST because this thing is very strong and not weakening at all.
    Absolutely. And all it takes is another 2-3 hour "jog" in the southwest direction and then that's a game changer b

vCash
    and there you have it... These latest model runs are more consistent with making landfall near Miami.
    Still almost 4 days to go but the cone will start shrinking tomorrow.

Brun... I would seriously consider getting the heck out of town if everything still verifies tomorrow...
    All the spaghetti models take it right to you...

This is one of the latest models and as I mentioned a lot of the models have a very similar track now as we get closer to the event
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.

vCash

and there you have it... These latest model runs are more consistent with making landfall near Miami.
    Still almost 4 days to go but the cone will start shrinking tomorrow.
    Yeah, the folks on the Gulf may have been celebrating, but now its got me square in the cone of death with too many models pointing my way. I still think it is going to continue to track east and push more toward the jet stream. I've got about 36 hours before I need to start worrying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yeah, the folks on the Gulf may have been celebrating, but now its got me square in the cone of death with too many models pointing my way. I still think it is going to continue to track east and push more toward the jet stream. I've got about 36 hours before I need to start worrying.
    Praying for all y'all in the path! Stay safe Brunswick

vCash
    Yeah, the coast of Georgia doesn't look like the best place to be. Maybe it'll curve more and go out into the Atlantic but I wouldn't count on it right now.

There's a new hurricane in the Gulf now ... Katia. Looks like it's going to move south into Mexico though. So there are 3 at the same time (Irma, Jose, and Katia).

I seem to remember some years ago when they had to go into the Greek alphabet for names that there were 4 in the Atlantic at one time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yeah, the coast of Georgia doesn't look like the best place to be. Maybe it'll curve more and go out into the Atlantic but I wouldn't count on it right now.

There's a new hurricane in the Gulf now ... Katia. Looks like it's going to move south into Mexico though. So there are 3 at the same time (Irma, Jose, and Katia).

I seem to remember some years ago when they had to go into the Greek alphabet for names that there were 4 in the Atlantic at one time.
    Katia is being blocked by the front that has moved through texas and cemented into the gulf. She is blowing up fast though and could do some damage when it moves back on shore to mexico. Already jumped from a depression to a hurricane in a day. and will sit in the same spot basically for the next 30 hours.... Still no model showing it going anywhere besides Mexico though.

Jose is likely to head out to sea but lots of time left to know for a fact.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-06-2017 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Agree, it's pointing at us now, but I think it goes east of GA coast. We'll make an evac decision on Friday.

vCash
    Pressure is dropping despite it undergoing an eyewall replacement. Gusts have been measured over 200mph. Top gust I saw was 214mph. Be interesting to see what sustained winds are.

vCash

Jose is likely to head out to sea but lots of time left to know for a fact.
    Jose was informed that Trump would not allow him access into the country with his name...so he's headed out to sea....

(sorry, couldn't pass that up)

vCash
    Thanks to those keeping us updated!
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    People always pay attention to category. The size of the storm and atmospheric pressure coming with it are much more of an indicator of potential damages Imo. Katrina was a Cat 3, but the storm took up the entire Gulf of Mexico and was near the record for the lowest pressure ever (lower is stronger). The pressure is a decent indicator of how much water it's carrying too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    People always pay attention to category. The size of the storm and atmospheric pressure coming with it are much more of an indicator of potential damages Imo. Katrina was a Cat 3, but the storm took up the entire Gulf of Mexico and was near the record for the lowest pressure ever (lower is stronger). The pressure is a decent indicator of how much water it's carrying too.
    Paying close attention. The Governor just trumped what we were planning here and issued a mandatory evac east of I-95 for Saturday morning. Staff here at the City have been scrambling all morning. We learned a lot last October with Matthew, and are trying to prep more so the return is smoother. I think we are a day early on things out of an over-abundance of caution, but we will see. I'm on a peninsula 1 mile from the sound, so tomorrow afternoon we move inland 12 miles to my parents, then will decide on trekking to Valdosta Saturday morning. We stayed for Matthew, but this one is going to be worse (as of now).

vCash
    Paying close attention. The Governor just trumped what we were planning here and issued a mandatory evac east of I-95 for Saturday morning. Staff here at the City have been scrambling all morning. We learned a lot last October with Matthew, and are trying to prep more so the return is smoother. I think we are a day early on things out of an over-abundance of caution, but we will see. I'm on a peninsula 1 mile from the sound, so tomorrow afternoon we move inland 12 miles to my parents, then will decide on trekking to Valdosta Saturday morning. We stayed for Matthew, but this one is going to be worse (as of now).
    Prayers for you, the people you work with and all family members... Stay Safe -- stuff is not worth it....

vCash
    Just changed next weeks flights into Greenville, SC and out of Augusta, GA with Delta. Parlayed for two weeks later, no charge. Airlines are starting to disruptive service today.

vCash
    Stay safe, brother! Prayers for you and all those affected.

vCash
    New Euro model just ran and shifts landfall towards the middle keys... rides up the spine of fl and turns NW instead of curving back across FL. Will be very interesting to see how the NHC changes their view at the next update at 4pm