Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice needed.

vCash
    We had an Athletic Director that was a male cheerleader at a private high school. Can't be more embarrassing than that....

vCash
    I'm so sorry man. I can't even imagine how this must feel.

Let's forget about how we got to this point though. The fact is, you're here and now you have to figure out how to solve this problem without destroying your relationship with your daughter. Granted if she's paying for everything, then she can do whatever the hell she wants and that's pretty much the end of it. If you're helping support her, then you still have a foot in the door.

I don't think the answer is as extreme as saying you won't support her going to ole miss but you will anywhere else. If that line of thought wasn't established since she was a child, it's too late for that now and you will negatively affect your relationship.

Here's how I would try to go about it...

Don't discourage or talk negative about Ole Miss anymore than you would've before all this. You don't want to push her away. This is a time to bring her in closer.

Figure out her second choice and try to start playing it up as much as possible without seeming obvious. If you're good, you can figure out some great tie she would have there that she wouldn't have at Ole Miss and sell it. You will want to do research on this school, even if its Mississippi State because there may be things she's interested in, that you would have no idea about otherwise.

If all else fails, say you have a friend in Oxford that you can stay at so you'll be able to come up to Oxford all the time and visit and hang out with her friends. If she's like most other teenage girls, that'll pretty much put an end to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    My dad went to State, my 3 older brothers went to State. All of their wives went to State but one. I went to State. My wife went to State. My niece, 2 nephews, and her husband went to State. I have had 5 English Bulldogs. I am past president of an MSU alumni association. I have been a season ticket holder for many years. Everyone that knows me would agree that I'm passionate about my Bulldogs.

Here is my problem: My daughter wants to go to UNM or Grenada without the lake, to cheer and go to school. She is a top notch cheerleader who will make it and probably get some sort of scholarship. I know I should support my daughter, but I have already been thru 3 bottles of Pepto, prescription of Xanax, and a case of white cans.

Thoughts??
    Your still a great MSU family....on the bright side you raised a collegian with a scholarship

vCash
    I told my kids... You can go anywhere you'd like, but I'm only paying for Mississippi State.