Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice needed.

vCash

Advice needed.

My dad went to State, my 3 older brothers went to State. All of their wives went to State but one. I went to State. My wife went to State. My niece, 2 nephews, and her husband went to State. I have had 5 English Bulldogs. I am past president of an MSU alumni association. I have been a season ticket holder for many years. Everyone that knows me would agree that I'm passionate about my Bulldogs.

Here is my problem: My daughter wants to go to UNM or Grenada without the lake, to cheer and go to school. She is a top notch cheerleader who will make it and probably get some sort of scholarship. I know I should support my daughter, but I have already been thru 3 bottles of Pepto, prescription of Xanax, and a case of white cans.

Thoughts??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    My dad went to State, my 3 older brothers went to State. All of their wives went to State but one. I went to State. My wife went to State. My niece, 2 nephews, and her husband went to State. I have had 5 English Bulldogs. I am past president of an MSU alumni association. I have been a season ticket holder for many years. Everyone that knows me would agree that I'm passionate about my Bulldogs.

Here is my problem: My daughter wants to go to UNM or Grenada without the lake, to cheer and go to school. She is a top notch cheerleader who will make it and probably get some sort of scholarship. I know I should support my daughter, but I have already been thru 3 bottles of Pepto, prescription of Xanax, and a case of white cans.

Thoughts??
    My condolences!

vCash
    That's freaking brutal.

vCash

Thoughts??
    I fear for your soul...

vCash
    That's heartbreaking but I would have to believe I would support whatever made my kids happy. Although that's about as bad of a decision as she can make. I hope my kids don't put me in that situation. Thankfully I have about 14 years until that time. Father to father, I feel for you buddy

vCash
    Those cheer scholarships are about worthless anyway. right!

vCash
    MSU doesn't have cheerleaders?

vCash
    Nope. No boy worth that and will be cheering for a horrible team. Has she looked at bama? #betterthanbears.
    BTW -mine chose MC over State and I was still crushed. My family alumni situation is like yours and goes back 4 generations.

Banned
    vCash

By all means, keep her from going there!

I've seen too many decent boys and girls, once they go to Ole Miss, become psycho druggies, or alcoholics, or embrace an alternative lifestyle.

I'm not talking about the Inbred 5th Generation "How many Acres Does Your Diddy Own In the Delta?" Rebel students....they're bad enough. I'm talking about someone who will totally go against everything you ever raised her to be.

If she goes to Ole Miss, she'll do one of two things- either become a self-absorbed, clothes and status-obsessed Phony Conformist, or a cut-jean-wearing, tatted, pot-smoking Phony Non-Conformist.

vCash
    I can understand her not wanting to go to MSU in order to sort of make her own mark ... but going to Oxford is a bit drastic.

Send her to (the real) Harvard or Princeton .... or even Georgia. It's a really nice school, and a lot more beautiful than Oxford.

vCash

Thoughts??
    My advice, you might as well find you a deal on one of these outfits to fit in with the other Ole Miss "guys". Looks like you're screwed. Prayers sent.

Kidding of course. You support her, but not Ole Miss, haha
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 09-04-2017 at 05:12 PM.

vCash

Thoughts??
    So you failed at raising her?!? Just kidding...

I've told my boys from the time they have were born that they can go to any college and I would help with the one exception being OM. It's quite entertaining at Thanksgiving when the Uncles give my oldest (9) a hard time and try to get him to their side. He'll have none of it.

Right now - he says he is going to play for Cannizaro and do engineering (wants to build/own/operate a transformers factory)
    UAB is a second (they have a dragon mascot - it's kinda cool)- he says he will buy a house next door while he goes to school
    After that its a toss up between LSU/UAt/Auburn

Good luck...im getting sick thinking about that possibility for you

vCash
    You offer other options and go to other schools to visit. You try and get her to like another school if State is not an option. If she chooses Oxford, then you support her.

My wife and I both graduated from State. She graduated from UM law, but bleeds maroon. We are pushing our children to make their own choice (I am actually hoping Vanderbilt to be close or MIT, yes they are much smarter than myself).
    If they cheered or played sports at UM, I would support them and wear red and blue to the games. If they just attended UM, I would tease the heck out of them and never wear red and blue.

vCash
    Hey, support your daughter. I have a daughter at TSNU, she loves it and I'm certainly happy for her. It was a shock to me when she visited and told me that's where she wanted to go. She ask if I was going to be mad, I told her Msu was my school and she had to decide on her own. Yes we are a house divided but my family comes first and for any of you saying otherwise can just suck it!

HailState!

vCash
    I really see few options, these nice people should have a place for her. She makes it through 5 years with them then you can send her to UNM with your head held high....

Yes sarcasm - it's her life You just have to pay for it a while longer. Besides, bet she will have some really awesome friends for you to visit in the Grove pre-game! "Dad, this is Buford and Biff, they are Lafeyette's cousins. These are his parents Scooter and Tippy. I can't tell which is which either. "

Banned
    vCash
    Having a child go turn coat and go to ole miss is like a child saying thanks for the 18 years of sacrifice by kicking you square in the nuts. You musta done something mighty horrible recently.

vCash
    Tell her only whores go there!

vCash
    Is MSU an option for her to cheer at? I know my brother almost went to Ole Miss but once he saw MSU's engineering program it pretty much blew him away and he went to MSU.

I guess the way I would handle it is to just promote and sell MSU as much as I could and see if MSU could get her a better cheerleading scholarship- not sure how that all works to be honest. I really think MSU sells itself and I just hope it isn't a case of MSU not wanting to give her an opportunity. I've certainly seen that happen in the past to former MSU athlete's children and it's something I wish MSU was more cognizant of and would slightly improve upon across the board.

vCash

Thoughts??
    What would Jack say.

vCash
    Cut off her money