Thread: Fishing Report 1/3 & 1/4 LA Marsh

vCash

Fishing Report 1/3 & 1/4 LA Marsh

I left the metro at about 6 and was at the marina by 930. Missed the early bite but the tide wasn't supposed to start falling until 1030. We wanted to fish new water so we went to Lake Borgne. Haven't fished that way in 2 years. The plan with east winds & falling tide was trolling the west shoreline of Lake B & some ponds for reds. In theory, great plan. We got to around Le Pitite Pass and started trolling. Outside was dirty so went went in Bayou La Fee and fished it and some ponds pretty hard. Nothing. Went back out to Borgne and started trolling south. Found a pocket that I immediately saw a fish but couldn't get to eat. Dad got a big bull red right after that. Since that was all the action we had we stayed around and saw 3 more fish with no bites. Water wasn't clean like I thought I should be so we ran back around Petite Pass and in through nine mile bayou to the eastern shoreline of inside 3 mile cut. Water was much cleaner and we trolled south for over an hour with no bites. Finally hit a stretch where we got 4 reds and a black drum in no more than 30 feet. Continued south and nothing. By this time it's 330 and we've grinded our ass off for a handful of fish. We were in a part of the marsh we never are and I told my dad I wanted to check this area I've seen only on a map where 3 big lakes interchange. Lake Marron, Bob's Lake, and another. We got there and just like I was hoping, water moving in all kinds of crazy directions because of this interchange. We marked water over 40 feet deep in the deepest of this convergence. We see about 6 birds working and notice shrimp getting chased everywhere. For the next hour we caught trout on every cast on vudu & jig. They were all 11-11.5 schoolies. I switched to a topwater and got 5 legal fish and multiple blowups every cast. Was pretty awesome. Was one of those days were success wasn't great but we found some fish and put a new area in the memory bank.

Today was awful. Water was dirty and tried to fish reds for a minute and nothing so went in early. Had to drive back to the metro and make it in town for a party.

vCash
    Nothing wrong with that! I need to make some time this week and get on the water.

vCash
    What was the action for that lure? Was it a medium, steady reel; or did you stop it while you to let it rise up? The pic doesn't show the nose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    What was the action for that lure? Was it a medium, steady reel; or did you stop it while you to let it rise up? The pic doesn't show the nose.
    Top dog. Walk the dog action.