Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The tough side of coaching- I lost a player last night

vCash

The tough side of coaching- I lost a player last night

Last night I received a frantic call from one of my players crying as he told me another member of my team had drowned and for me to please to come help. The accident took place at Lake Pushmataha in Philadelphia. It's a call I'll certainly never forget.

15 year old Jerry Triplett drowned last night and left a huge hole in the collective heart of Carthage, Ms residents. Jerry was a Soph and had just started his 1st HS game- Friday's 27-26 come from behind victory over West Lauderdale. Jerry was a district champ powerlifter and an all around good kid. Usually had a smile on his face and was one of the hardest workers we had on our team. It's just a sad ending to a life ended way too soon. He was a great kid that will be missed terribly by his family, his teachers, and his brothers on our team.

I have started a GoFundMe to help his family with the expenses they are about to have to deal with in this horrible ordeal. Anything you guys can do to help will be greatly appreciated.

C34

https://www.gofundme.com/jerry-triplett-family-expenses
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Terrible Coach. Hang in there.

vCash
    Done. Sad sad sad. Prayers sent for all affected.

vCash
    So sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of the young man.

vCash
    So sorry to hear that, Coach! My condolences! Prayers for his family, you and all those affected! I know you can count on the Elitedawg family to help them out.

vCash
    So sorry to hear this coach. Praying for his family and you and your team.

vCash
    Sorry to hear Coach. Those kids need you now more than ever. Be strong.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Praying bud. The players will follow your lead in how they handle this. Point them to the peace they can find in Jesus. Psalms 121:1-2
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Man, that's terrible. Sickening! Will pray for everyone.

vCash
    That's terrible. I'll be praying for your team and his family.

Banned
    vCash
    That is awful. As both his coach and a parent I'm sure it hits way too close to home for you. May you and your players find the Lord's comfort and support in this difficult time.

vCash
    Sad news. Always tough when someone so young loses their life in an accident. Really hate it for the family and everyone close to him.

vCash
    Terrible, awful tragedy. So sorry to hear that.

vCash
    Had aboutt five of my soldiers pass over the course of my career - never easy and guts you like a mullet. Prayers sent, hang in there my friend. That team needs you now. You wouldn't't have fought so hard to get back to doing what you love if it was just the game. Be well.

vCash
    Looks like it is going pretty good for only 4 hours.

vCash
    That is very sad news. I hate to hear of any family have to go through this and friends and team too. Having experienced the loss of my son early this year, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. And that is a great thing you've done Coach34. I'm still paying back funeral costs, but the GoFundMe account set up by a friend was a blessing. Gob Bless Jerry Triplett's soul, all of his family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss Coach34. I will give and share.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    So sad when something like this happens.

vCash
    Sending prayers for Peace, understanding and salvation for those who do not know HIM...

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Terrible news. Hate to hear that.

vCash
    Prayers for his family, the community, you and the team!