Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Thanks for the Check"

vCash

"Thanks for the Check"

After watching the game it got me thinking that these guys (CSU) got skull 17ed strictly for the money. The question: Is the physical and emotional impact of the beating taken yesterday worth it for the school's program in exchange for the cash? Normally, if I was the AD of the FCS school I would take my chances but yesterday was such a real beat down that I may have to rethink my future scheduling of P5 teams. What say you?

vCash
    Yes. They play two of those and it floats their program for the year.

vCash
    The can use the game as a teaching tool, if presented correctly.

vCash
    They took a thumping form Bama two years ago. They are going to do what they do to keep program running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    After watching the game it got me thinking that these guys (CSU) got skull 17ed strictly for the money. The question: Is the physical and emotional impact of the beating taken yesterday worth it for the school's program in exchange for the cash? Normally, if I was the AD of the FCS school I would take my chances but yesterday was such a real beat down that I may have to rethink my future scheduling of P5 teams. What say you?
    Their coach said our line looked like kitchen appliances. Priceless...

vCash
    CSU is almost a carbon copy of Mississippi College. Baptist school, attracts the same type of students, has the same academic profile.

The difference is that they made the decision to go FCS, and MC is still working their way up. What we know as Division II is on shaky ground. Schools are going to either have to FCS or non-scholarship level (Division III).

vCash
    Their new weight room should help better prepare them for the future.

vCash
    I thought this was going to be a Sumlin thread when I saw the headline.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I image their players enjoy playing in front of a large crowd. I imagine they enjoy sizing themselves up to sec competition....at least for a quarter.

Only plus for the players that I can come up with... its all the about the money for sure.

vCash
    I am the weird fan that enjoys it when we play a FCS team. I think it's neat to see a team we don't know much about and I know that they appreciate the opportunity to play a SEC team. The only thing I would change is I would prefer that we play one of the three in state SWAC teams but I liked playing Samford last year and I would like to maybe see The Citadel.

I like the fact that usually we get to play a lot of guys and even the walk-ons sometimes. I think there is value in us running plays against lesser competition for one game a year to perfect things and also try some different things as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I am the weird fan that enjoys it when we play a FCS team. I think it's neat to see a team we don't know much about and I know that they appreciate the opportunity to play a SEC team. The only thing I would change is I would prefer that we play one of the three in state SWAC teams but I liked playing Samford last year and I would like to maybe see The Citadel.

I like the fact that usually we get to play a lot of guys and even the walk-ons sometimes. I think there is value in us running plays against lesser competition for one game a year to perfect things and also try some different things as well.
    We should schedule North Dakota State. Or maybe Western (or is it Central?) Michigan. Those are two pretty good FCS teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I thought this was going to be a Sumlin thread when I saw the headline.
    I thought about Tulane '06
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We should schedule North Dakota State. Or maybe Western (or is it Central?) Michigan. Those are two pretty good FCS teams.
    Western Mich and Central Mich are both FBS schools in the MAC.

vCash
    The money they receive funds not only their football program but a lot of their athletic budget. And every now and then you get a Liberty/Baylor season wrecker. The kids I'm sure enjoy the big stage game

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    You get a Liberty or even a Howard (44-point underdog gets the upset). The reward of possibly getting the biggest upset win in history is well worth the play experience.

vCash
    Does anyone know how much exactly we paid them?

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    The money they receive funds not only their football program but a lot of their athletic budget. And every now and then you get a Liberty/Baylor season wrecker. The kids I'm sure enjoy the big stage game
    I doubt their starting QB agrees with this morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    I doubt their starting QB agrees with this morning.
    Or their backup. Seemed to me like the beating he took was even worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I agree with playing the SWAC teams in state and neighboring states. They bring good bands and actually have traveling fanbases that will buy some of the tickets. It's a win win imo.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I agree with playing the SWAC teams in state and neighboring states. They bring good bands and actually have traveling fanbases that will buy some of the tickets. It's a win win imo.
    This is true. They bring folks. Heck the only time usm has a sellout is when they play us or one of the in state swac schools