Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who get fired first???

vCash

who get fired first???

Sumlin or McElwain?

Both fan bases are so crazy I think it will turn into a bidding war for Chip Kelly.......

vCash
    Sumlin for sure
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Sumlin....The Cheerleader isn't going to fire The Shark Jumper

vCash
    Sumlin to OM. You heard it here first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    Recruits well, doesn't do shit with it - fits UNM's tradition to a T

vCash
    I think Sumlin goes first. I really didn't understand the hire in the first place. Manziel secured his job at A&M for several years longer than he should have been there.

vCash
    Butch Jones after losing to Florida later this month

vCash
    Sumlin may not make the next aTm football game.

vCash
    I wonder what the chokers buyout contract is? They might keep him there just to whittle that down a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coackjek View Post
    I think Sumlin goes first. I really didn't understand the hire in the first place. Manziel secured his job at A&M for several years longer than he should have been there.
    You don't understand the hire? He had Houston producing offense like no other.

Seems all too convenient now to say this.

vCash
    Heard he would fit right in in the grove.

Banned
    vCash
    Don't see it. Although that would be awesome for us for them to hire a terrible coach. Long term, Hopson at USM I think will be the guy. But I don't know if he wants to be the guy to guide them through probation before being inevitably fired due to lack of on field performance. I think Luke actually has a shot at that title. Hopson will be the best they can get after sanctions come down, and he is a good coach. He also was recruited and played there in the late 80's and early 90's under Brewer, so to say he is familiar with how to navigate the waters down there would be an understatement. I'm not sure if he wants to go that particular route in terms of recruiting, though.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I know my post is going to go over like a lead balloon, but here goes anyway. There seemed to be an unwritten, or maybe it was written in sand during Slive's tenure, that sec teams couldn't poach from other sec teams.

Do you think that still holds true today?

I'm 100% behind Mullen. Was, even when the board was split in the past. I've been following MSU since Tyler was coach, so I feel I've seen enough coaches come and go to formulate an opinion based on a broad history of performance. Mullen, by far, is the most complete coach that we have ever had. Here's a hint on a simple way to tell if we have a good coach or not....take a look at how much OM hates him. That will usually tell you all you need to know.

Back to my point. At some point, if there is no agreement on poaching coaches, we are going to have to fight to keep our coach from other sec teams. I'm not so worried about out of conference teams because we have passed the point on salary that 80-90% are willing to pony up. There are still a few that would try to match or raise the ante. But in the sec, those particular schools you are talking about...A&M, Tenn, and Fla, have the money to outreach what we can pay. And don't think if they are desperate enough, and if Sankey looked the other way, that they wouldn't come calling.

I love my MSU, but I'm also realistic. The three schools listed would be tremendously easier to recruit to than MSU. Look at them now. You have 3 boneheaded coaches, but if you look at their recruiting rankings, you're probably going to see 3 teams in the top 10. Imagine that talent with a great coach.

Dan Mullen is human. And any human in their right mind at some point is going to imagine what it would be like to coach top 10 talent.

The more success we have, and it feels like we're on the verge of taking that next step, the more wolves we're going to have to fight off. How close are those wolves to our house?
    Last edited by Lumpy Chucklelips; 09-04-2017 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    The question is and it should be Vbookie bet will sumlin be coaching when State rolls into College Station.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I know my post is going to go over like a lead balloon, but here goes anyway. There seemed to be an unwritten, or maybe it was written in sand during Slive's tenure, that sec teams couldn't poach from other sec teams.

I'm 100% behind Mullen. Was, even when the board was split in the past. I've been following MSU since Tyler was coach, so I feel I've seen enough coaches come and go to formulate an opinion based on a broad history of performance. Mullen, by far, is the most complete coach that we have ever had. Here's a hint on a simple way to tell if we have a good coach or not....take a look at how much OM hates him. That will usually tell you all you need to know.

Back to my point. At some point, if there is no agreement on poaching coaches, we are going to have to fight to keep our coach from other sec teams. I'm not so worried about out of conference teams because we have passed the point on salary that 80-90% are willing to pony up. There are still a few that would try to match or raise the ante. But in the sec, those particular schools you are talking about...A&M, Tenn, and Fla, have the money to outreach what we can pay. And don't think if they are desperate enough, and if Sankey looked the other way, that they wouldn't come calling.

I love my MSU, but I'm also realistic. The three schools listed would be tremendously easier to recruit to than MSU. Look at them now. You have 3 boneheaded coaches, but if you look at their recruiting rankings, you're probably going to see 3 teams in the top 10. Imagine that talent with a great coach.

Dan Mullen is human. And any human in their right mind at some point is going to imagine what it would be like to coach top 10 talent.

The more success we have, and it feels like we're on the verge of taking that next step, the more wolves we're going to have to fight off. How close are those wolves to our house?
    Mullen is going to get a offer one day. I hope it is Florida if it's an SEC school.

vCash
    Would Scott Stricklin go down as the worst MSU alum of all time if he fired McElwain & tried to hire Mullen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Would Scott Stricklin go down as the worst MSU alum of all time if he fired McElwain & tried to hire Mullen?
    This has zero chance of happening.

Banned
    vCash
    Slive rule is very much still in affect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post

I doubt Texas A&M, Tennessee, Florida, etc., will pay the $5 million that they'd need to pry Dan Mullen away from us. While they obviously could afford it, they can hire another good coach for considerably less money, or if they do decide to pay that much, they're going to want to make a splash hire like Chip Kelly.

We've effectively boxed anyone out of poaching Mullen away from us.

vCash
    Mullen has a chance to be our Bowden if things keep moving the way it looks.

I believe we will have a good (8-9) win season this year AND we return almost everybody. Next year could be a next level year both on the field and in recruiting. That could set us up for a great future.

Mullen isn't going anywhere in the conference because of the Slive rule. Other conferences don't pay. Why leave to go somewhere that your every move will be questioned again.