Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Texas A&M vs UCLA

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't see gruden, but I can see other 2. Chip Kelly would do well at aTm
    I just threw him in there because he just recently made public comments about wanting to return to coaching after rebuking multiple offers over the past decade or so. And because A&M has a history of going the NFL route (Sherman). I agree it's unlikely....but stranger things have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Chip Kelly
    Jon Gruden
    Mike Gundy

That's just a few of many potential names.
    None of those coaches will be at A&M next year. Kelly already said he wants a gig out west. Trust me. No big name is coming to an SEC west school as long as Saban is at Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah remember lsu had jimbo lined up but the president vetoed because of lsu financial problems
    They didn't have Jimbo lined up. Their sights were set on Herman. They ****ed that football coaching hire up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    They didn't have Jimbo lined up. Their sights were set on Herman. They ****ed that football coaching hire up.
    No they had Jimbo lined up 2 years ago, but they stuck with Les, because the president vetoed it because of the financial problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    In the SEC, only Bama and LSU are ahead of A&M. UT, Auburn, UF, UGA are nowhere close.

Big 10, only Michigan / Ohio State. Nebraska is a terrible gig and has been for almost 2 decades now. Penn State is the same category as your Auburns, Tennessees, etc.

Big 12 is Texas and Oklahoma

PAC 12 is USC only

ACC is FSU only. Clemson / Miami are again in that Auburn / Tennessee / UGA tier

Then you have Notre Dame.

That's 9 jobs that are probably better (and I would say Texas is equal, not better) and a bunch that are worse.

Largest athletic budget in the nation, probably the swankiest big stadium there is, very fertile recruiting ground. It's definitely a Top 10 job.
    This is just silly and reeks of delusions of grandeur. If it's a top ten job, then they as a program have dreadfully underachieved throughout their entire history.

vCash
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...t-request/amp/

Here's one lonk

vCash
    No they had Jimbo lined up 2 years ago, but they stuck with Les, because the president vetoed it because of the financial problems.
    You don't fire Les unless you have Jimbo lined up. It's pretty easy there. They downgraded to the Nth degree when they hired Coach O. Aleva is going to be fired after O does O things the next couple of seasons.

vCash
    You don't fire Les unless you have Jimbo lined up. It's pretty easy there. They downgraded to the Nth degree when they hired Coach O. Aleva is going to be fired after O does O things the next couple of seasons.
    Yeah they really screwed it up from the get go. It was a big time cluster. And you're right it's going to cost Aleva his job.

vCash
    That was just dumb. You pay the man the $7 million. He is going to recoup that money because LSU would have won and they would have looked good doing it. Saban has made Alabama a shit ton of money. Paying a salary isn't everything. If I was Aleva, I would have fought for my guy (which was Fisher). That's why LSU is dumb and why Aleva will be fired.

vCash
    Thanks for providing the link btw. Makes me realize just how dumb their athletic department is.

vCash
    That was just dumb. You pay the man the $7 million. He is going to recoup that money because LSU would have won and they would have looked good doing it. Saban has made Alabama a shit ton of money. Paying a salary isn't everything. If I was Aleva, I would have fought for my guy (which was Fisher). That's why LSU is dumb and why Aleva will be fired.
    You dang skippy! You nailed it! Just pure stupidity down there!

vCash
    Thanks for providing the link btw. Makes me realize just how dumb their athletic department is.
    You're welcome! When all that came out I just shook my head! I thought dang how stupid can you be! They're gonna pay for it big time too'