Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Hail State Football is Back Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I have never smoked meat in my life. Trying a butt for the first time today. Brand new smoker.

No matter what, it will be better than Captain Disease. If you do there you will rue that day.
    All about doing it low and slow. Don't pull it until 190-195 internal temp and let it rest an hour wrapped in foil in a cooler. Hard to mess up a butt
    I brined a pork loin overnight and rubbed it with a rib rub last night. That and some wings are going on the smoker today.
    Anybody got a recipe for a bad ass wing sauce to toss the wings in after smoking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Anybody got a recipe for a bad ass wing sauce to toss the wings in after smoking?
    1/3 cup gochujang sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoon honey
    1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
    4 green onions, thinly sliced

Gochujang (korean chili sauce) makes some fine wings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I have never smoked meat in my life. Trying a butt for the first time today. Brand new smoker.

No matter what, it will be better than Captain Disease. If you do there you will rue that day.
    As long as you keep the temp regulated and cook it low and slow, it is difficult to mess up. It's difficult to make yourself, but try not to open the lid and look at it a lot. If you're lookin' you are not cookin'.** I would recommend a good instant thermometer, and possibly a wireless digital thermometer. The latter is not a necessity, but makes life easier and gives you piece of mind to not be constantly checking the temp.
    Last edited by IMissJack; 09-02-2017 at 11:43 AM.

vCash
    Watching this joke of a Missouri team, waiting on the Bulldogs. Going to shoot some doves in a bit and then coming back to do a shrimp boil. I think I bought the last fresh shrimp available in the Pass harbor the other day. It's toasty out here.

vCash
    Easing into it....just good pot of chili and grilled cheese sammiches

Banned
    vCash
    After 6 hours,my ribs

My veggies

And they taste even better than they look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    After 6 hours,my ribs

My veggies

And they taste even better than they look.
    Nice damn work

vCash
    I've had one hell of a crazy day but I'm finishing it off right watching this Bama game with some white cans. I'll be hitting the road at 5 and I'll be in the marsh by 9 tomorrow. Hoping for good weather

vCash
    I grilled some oysters and littleneck clams with some chive butter. Blackened flounder for the main, with some sauteed snow peas, and roasted potatoes. Been drinking Red Stripe, but will probably switch to bourbon in a few.

vCash
    Fished my ass off today. White cans. Casina buffet and more white cans. Fishing pics later

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    1/3 cup gochujang sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoon honey
    1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
    4 green onions, thinly sliced

Gochujang (korean chili sauce) makes some fine wings!
    I didn't have these ingredients on hand but I will try them next time. Went with a BBQ sauce that I tossed them in. Was damn good

vCash

Whole chicken on the smoker, learning the art of smoking

vCash
    Grilled some sliders tonight. Drinking some more Stripes.

Also, I'm willing to bet I'm the only person within a thousand miles boiling some of these....

And just to show off the bounty of our hard work...this is what we picked from our garden today. Hot damn.

Yep...I'm addicted to tomatoes. The colors, shapes, and flavors are mesmerizing to me...I'm a junkie.