Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Rankings. Guess Who's Numero Uno?

vCash

Hot Seat Rankings. Guess Who's Numero Uno?

vCash
    You can stick a fork in KS. Last night sealed his fate.

vCash
    I hate this, because Dan will be high on their list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    We should be immune to that thought by now.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Dan ain't going nowhere. He's about to hit his stride at MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Do you think they'd be willing to pay the money necessary? I always heard the schools that he really would leave for (w/o big money) were Georgia, Notre Dame and Penn State.

vCash
    I just read somewhere that if A&M would have coughed up 7M a year, Jimbo Fischer would be there now. It's not like they don't have that $.

Banned
    vCash
    No poaching rule in the SEC for head coaches. Name the last currently hired SEC coach to be poached away by another SEC school? I'll wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Do you think they'd be willing to pay the money necessary? I always heard the schools that he really would leave for (w/o big money) were Georgia, Notre Dame and Penn State.
    Um, they just spent north of $500M on the football facility. Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No poaching rule in the SEC for head coaches. Name the last currently hired SEC coach to be poached away by another SEC school? I'll wait.
    The answer is Tommy Tuberville and yes that's been a long time. A coach being poached by another SEC school is less likely than a death penalty being dropped on OM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    No, he won't. Go back to Nafoom.

Seriously, Enforcer needs to do some work.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The answer is Tommy Tuberville and yes that's been a long time. A coach being poached by another SEC school is less likely than a death penalty being dropped on OM.
    That's not even close to to the last time. Ever heard of John Cohen? Also, Tubby Smith bolted from UGA to UK since Tuberville left OM. Could also be argued that Nutt going from Ark to OM falls in the same category since Ark never technically fired him. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen and there is no rule against it.

ETA: I'm not worried about Mullen leaving for A&M either, mainly because I don't think they'd be interested in him based on the current resume. But there's nothing official that can keep them from pursuing him.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 09-04-2017 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Hmmm Butch Jones should be 2 and MCe should be 2a. Heck MCe isn't even in the top 20.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hmmm Butch Jones should be 2 and MCe should be 2a. Heck MCe isn't even in the top 20.
    McElwain has won back to back division titles. He's good for at least this year and next. Yes, I know the East sucks.

Butch should be up there. Might climb into the mix if they lose today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Theoretically, all of those schools can pay Mullen what it would take to pry him away, but they won't, because they can get someone else with Mullen's resume for cheaper, or someone with a better resume for the same price.

vCash
    Spending exorbitant amounts of money hasn't gotten A&M anywhere.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Spending exorbitant amounts of money hasn't gotten A&M anywhere.
    Not yet, but they haven't really even started spending money yet where it counts. Sumlin's salary is currently about the same as Mullen's, and his replacement will be their first HC hire of the SEC Network era. A new bar could be set.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 09-04-2017 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    PJ Fleck or Lane Kiffin

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    That's not even close to to the last time. Ever heard of John Cohen? Also, Tubby Smith bolted from UGA to UK since Tuberville left OM. Could also be argued that Nutt going from Ark to OM falls in the same category since Ark never technically fired him. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen and there is no rule against it.

ETA: I'm not worried about Mullen leaving for A&M either, mainly because I don't think they'd be interested in him based on the current resume. But there's nothing official that can keep them from pursuing him.
    Football only. If it wasn't an underlying rule for football it would most certainly have happened since Tuberville but it hasn't happened since 1999. You showing examples in baseball and basketball should tell you that schools don't give a **** about poaching other coaches yet they haven't done it in football in almost twenty years. Know why? Cause they aren't allowed to.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Football only. If it wasn't an underlying rule for football it would most certainly have happened since Tuberville but it hasn't happened since 1999. You showing examples in baseball and basketball should tell you that schools don't give a **** about poaching other coaches yet they haven't done it in football in almost twenty years. Know why? Cause they aren't allowed to.
    It's not any more common in baseball or basketball than it is in football. It's not common, period.

In baseball I think it has happened 3 times in 25 years or so (all involving MSU): McMahon to UF, Cohen to MSU, Polk to MSU from UGA

In basketball, 1 time in 25 years that I can think of. Tubby to UK

In football it has happened twice in 25 years: DiNardo from Vandy to LSU, Tubs from OM to Auburn. Arguably a 3rd time if you count Nutt to OM, which I don't because I think that was a mutual decision between all 3 parties.

Please provide the link in the SEC bylaws explaining said rule. If you can't do that, please explain what disciplinary arm the conference has to enforce such an unwritten policy that can be backed up by the bylaws (fines, suspension from championship contention, a strongly worded email, etc.). You can't.

The Slive rule is a myth. Always has been. There haven't been any qualified candidates at the lower tier schools when big time positions open up. That is the real reason there has been no poaching.