Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FLIM FLAM!!!! Has hit the shelves.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Man, when I pre-ordered my 2 copies the day after they became available on-line, I sure thought I would get them before they hit the stores.
    Same here...

vCash
    What are the odds that "Flim Flam" is referenced during a State or OM game broadcast this year?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Man, when I pre-ordered my 2 copies the day after they became available on-line, I sure thought I would get them before they hit the stores.
    Me too!
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Got my pre-ordered, signed copy yesterday (was in the box when I checked it this morning). Already on chapter 7. This is good!
    Last edited by jbjones; 09-03-2017 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    What are the odds that "Flim Flam" is referenced during a State or OM game broadcast this year?
    Zero.

vCash

vCash
    Finished it this afternoon. Great job by Steve; It's a really good read. He definitely did his homework. I kind of want to reply to Mr. Hall at the Ledger (whom replied to my email sent to Gannett) and ask if he's read it. I won't because I already can foresee his reply. However, he should read it. Every MS resident should. I hope all of Gannett's top brass reads it. The reader will get a good idea of why most MS residents think the CL is a joke.

Back to the book; While I knew the main issues that were going to be covered, I was still eager to read it (kinda why I finished it in 2 days).

Here's a teaser: Northern Miss is screwed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    Finished it this afternoon. Great job by Steve; It's a really good read. He definitely did his homework. I kind of want to reply to Mr. Hall at the Ledger (whom replied to my email sent to Gannett) and ask if he's read it. I won't because I already can foresee his reply. However, he should read it. Every MS resident should. I hope all of Gannett's top brass reads it. The reader will get a good idea of why most MS residents think the CL is a joke.

Back to the book; While I knew the main issues that were going to be covered, I was still eager to read it (kinda why I finished it in 2 days).

Here's a teaser: Northern Miss is screwed.
    There is more to come..... Steve said that there "may be" another book coming..... I found names that I have looked up and have found interesting information on them... Still connecting some dots to the BIG MONEY....

vCash
    Finished it today. There are a few minor grammar/punctuation issues. But all in all, it is a very well written book (I usually read about 25 books annually). There is nothing earth-shattering in it, but things that we already knew are presented in more detail. I was very worried about libel/slander, but Steve does a good job of differentiating between fact and opinion. And he presents backup or evidence for what he says. So I think he is in the clear. Kudos to Rosebowl. Well done and worth buying for any MSU fan.

vCash
    How was it shipped ... Post Office, UPS, FedEx? I still haven't gotten mine. I ordered it the first night the web site was available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How was it shipped ... Post Office, UPS, FedEx? I still haven't gotten mine. I ordered it the first night the web site was available.
    Mine came via US post office. Put in my box at the street.

vCash
    I live in Florence RD and haven't received mine either..

Hopefully tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    On another site ... The books are in the mail.
    STILL waiting on mine... I'm in Nashville for crissakes, I'm not in Beruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    STILL waiting on mine... I'm in Nashville for crissakes, I'm not in Beruit.
    He might've sent them to the Mississippi addresses before mailing to us foreigners.

vCash
    He might've sent them to the Mississippi addresses before mailing to us foreigners.
    I probably wouldn't have been able to find it in stores anywhere up here, but dammit, I pre-ordered the 17'n thing so I wouldn't be as pissed as I am now to see "Good book, finished it today".

vCash
    Us important people got it Sat. Got it out of the mailbox Sunday when I got home form the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpile View Post
    I probably wouldn't have been able to find it in stores anywhere up here, but dammit, I pre-ordered the 17'n thing so I wouldn't be as pissed as I am now to see "Good book, finished it today".
    Yeah, I knew I couldn't buy it here so I ordered one. Looks like it'll be a week after hitting the stores in Mississippi before we see it. Maybe more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Us important people got it Sat. Got it out of the mailbox Sunday when I got home form the game.
    Are you in Mississippi?

Us out of staters are being discriminated against. We need a safe space to grieve over that ....

vCash
    Are you in Mississippi?

Us out of staters are being discriminated against. We need a safe space to grieve over that ....
    I'm 2 miles from campus and mine hasn't arrived yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I'm 2 miles from campus and mine hasn't arrived yet.
    I did say us important people.**