Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon Davis allegedly Plaxico'd himself

vCash

Raekwon Davis allegedly Plaxico'd himself

According to the article by "College Sports Only," Raekwon accidentally shot himself in the parking lot across the street.

http://collegesportsonly.com/college...-shot-leg.html

Banned
    vCash
    So if that's the case... He Gone!!!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    So if that's the case... He Gone!!!
    Not a chance. Dude starts for Bama. He could have shot somebody else and he'd be playing this Saturday vs FSU.

vCash
    Did he have a permit for the gun. Plaxico got railroaded, but no permit could mean real trouble.

vCash
    Hopefully we'll get him for the o-line after he ends up at EMCC.

vCash
    I am no lawyer and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night. However, I do believe that the laws in New York are just a bit different than down here.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Won't miss a snap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Did he have a permit for the gun. Plaxico got railroaded, but no permit could mean real trouble.
    Think that was a state issue, not a federal issue though. Could be wrong. I've been wrong, once.

vCash
    So he tried to shoot his gun in the air and shot himself? That is just dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Think that was a state issue, not a federal issue though. Could be wrong. I've been wrong, once.
    I also have been wrong (more than once to boot), but I think that was actually a city law problem, not a state law problem (splitting hairs). NYC basically makes the possession of guns at all (or magazines) illegal. There was an interesting article from Reason a few weeks back on this issue that was interesting--passengers who were simply traveling to NYC without knowledge of the gun laws were getting arrested. I think I saw that one lady got arrested for just the possession of a magazine in her purse, no gun at all. I think the general state laws are much more relaxed.

If there's any issue here with Davis, I don't think it's possession. Alabama allows open carry, but requires a permit for concealed carry. If you shoot yourself, but no one saw how you were carrying, I don't think they would try to ding you for concealed carry. He could maybe get cited for discharging the weapon in public, though.

(again, I'm wrong far more often than I'm right, though)

vCash
    What is concealed carry vs open carry?

How much of the gun has to be hidden before it's considered concealed carry? Half of it? If you can put it on a string and hang it from your car mirror, half the gun will be concealed from someone's view. Tough one to argue unless there is a specific definition of concealed vs open carry.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he's got to be 21 to be legally in possession of a pistol in any way, but he does start for Bama...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    What is concealed carry vs open carry?

How much of the gun has to be hidden before it's considered concealed carry? Half of it? If you can put it on a string and hang it from your car mirror, half the gun will be concealed from someone's view. Tough one to argue unless there is a specific definition of concealed vs open carry.
    Not trying to completely derail this thread into a discussion of gun laws, so if you're interested in the definition of concealed carry, this site has a pretty good one: https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/concealed-weapons/

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Saban has these issues like the one in Louisianna last year. Kid doesn't miss a moment of the game unless he is winded in the middle after kicking ass.

vCash
    Word on twitter is he isn't at practice today

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's got to be 21 to be legally in possession of a pistol in any way, but he does start for Bama...
    Wrong. You can legally possess a gun once you are 18.

It's a really bad look, but legally speaking I'm not sure any laws were violated with the possible exception of disturbing the peace or public endangerment, neither of which would stick if the gun never left his trousers because any attorney could just argue it was an accidental discharge. Alabama laws are actually really lax for even requiring permits for either open or conceal carry. I don't know the specifics 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the clear there even if he didn't have a permit.

As it relates to his status with the team, he SHOULD be at least suspended. No college athlete should be allowed to possess a gun period because pretty much all universities strictly prohibit them and will expell students that are found in possession of them on campus. Even if Saban has no problem at all personally with the gun possession (which I highly doubt), he basically has no choice but to enforce a very strict "no gun" policy for all his players just to make sure they stay enrolled at the university if for no other reason. Same applies to Mullen and every other coach out there.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 08-29-2017 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Word on twitter is he isn't at practice today
    Well he was just shot in the leg

vCash
    I'm gonna reserve final judgement til I get all the facts... That being said, if he did "accidentally" cap himself, he is, at the very least, a dumbass. (I don't believe in gun "accidents" for the most part)...

And HSV's post is spot on, IMO....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Did he tell the police he shot himself to start with? I was under the impression that he was shot by someone else when the story broke. If he wasn't honest about the situation to start with, couldn't there be charges coming from that?