Thread: Looking for opinions on a new truck

vCash

Looking for opinions on a new truck

I am getting rid of my GMC and it is a toss up between a Titan Pro or Ford XLT both 4 wheel drive. Looking for pulling boats and trailers in and out of the fields and water. I have been studying them for a few months, is there any dirt I need to know? What says "ye"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    I am getting rid of my GMC and it is a toss up between a Titan Pro or Ford XLT both 4 wheel drive. Looking for pulling boats and trailers in and out of the fields and water. I have been studying them for a few months, is there any dirt I need to know? What says "ye"?
    I drive a taco so I don't have a dog in the hunt. My dad has always been an F150 guy and they have always been great trucks. We still use an old one with 220k miles for work. He bought a new Titan last year because he got the steal of the century. So far, so good.

vCash
    Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    I traded in a 2005 F150 Lariat earlier this year for a 2017 F150 XLT FX4. I went with the 5.0 rather than the Ecoboost, and have been happy so far. Right now there are some pretty good price reductions since the '18's are coming out. Though the '18's have some changes that the 17 doesn't have.

vCash
    My mechanic told me to stay with the 5.0L in the F150. Good engine, good truck. So that's what I did. But I'm a Ford guy through and through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    2017 F150 XLT FX4
    I've always been a Silverado driver, and still am, but my dad bought the F150 above and that is one fine truck...

vCash
    Drove GMC and Chevy's many years but changed to F150 in 2015 and it's the best one yet. When GM took money from the Gov't GM went to hell by putting cheaper parts.
    Ford no doubt.

vCash
    had an '08 GMC with the 6.0L (engine blew up),a 2009 F150 with a 5.4L, and a 2015 with the Ecoboost. The 5.4 was awesome, and I still wish I had that truck. Somebody offered me a lot of $$$ for it so I sold it. Got the ecoboost and it was good for general use. Towed everyday stuff fine but for large jobs it wasn't adequate. It can pull a lot of weight but it has to work for it. If you're going to pull a lot of load often then I would go with the V8.

ETA: have an F250 now and love it.

vCash
    F150 all the way. Last 2 trucks have been f150s and I love them both. Only thing I will say is stay away from the ecoboost. They are quicker than the 5.0 but the 5.0 is more durable and definitely stronger. My dad has the ecoboost and yeah, flat ground he'll leave me off the line but loaded down or pulling trailers he doesn't stand a chance, especially on hills.

vCash
    You've probably already decided, but in '15 I went with the F-150. 2.7 Ecoboost version (the smallest Ecoboost). It's a beast. I didn't expect to tow a lot, but I do commute to MSU daily, so that was the major factor, along with the space in the bed. However, look at the numbers. This truck will tow 7200 pounds.

I've got about 30K on it, and I get around 23.5 MPG average. It's fun to put it in Sport mode every now and then...like I said, that little motor will RIP! It's fun to drive when you crank up the tunes and don't give a shit.

vCash
    Have had great experience with Tundra. Great engine. Can get lots of miles out of it.

vCash
    Tundra 4X4 with 4.6L V-8 You're welcome.

vCash
    Picked up on Friday the new truck.....settled on the Ford 4x4 FX4 V8