Thread: How is everyone's work on food plots going?

vCash

How is everyone's work on food plots going?

All fields have been sprayed Saturday and waiting on Mother Nature to finish it up. Our away game to La Tech is our target for planting.

vCash
    Just planted one small 1/2 acre plot yesterday before the rain. I saw that a few guys went and planted a few of our plots before the rain yesterday and I think they were sticking around until the end of the day today to get some more planted. I think all in all we are doing pretty well. Just a few more weeks and its on!

vCash
    After 8-1/2 hours on a tractor Sunday discing and planting, we could have not asked for a better rain this week. A slow and steady rain makes the pain in my back feel better.

vCash
    Planting next saturday. Anyone had much experience planting crimson clover?

vCash
    Yes. Grows well on wide variety of soils and ph. We always mix in about 5 lbs/ac with wheat and oats. Also, great for turkey in spring.

vCash
    My dad has this old guy doing his stuff in port gibson. I'm not the hunter at all but I think I want to stick a doe with a bow this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I'm not the hunter at all
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    stick a doe with a bow this year.
    You will be all in if you do this! It's addicting as hell. That said, better get to practicing.

vCash
    Thanks!

vCash
    Good luck Madisonmd, sticking a "nanny" or a "sister" is just addicting as hearing an early morning turkey gobble. Killed my first one in 1987 and bow hunting has been in my blood ever since. Good luck to you!