Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone explain UGA and Auburn to me:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    It's due to the timing of the schedule mostly. On paper, MSU matches well with UGa but playing on the road the week after LSU which our team/fans/stadium will be rockin'...is a hard win. Their game prior to ours is mostly a scrimmage/warm-up.
    I hope I am wrong predicting this loss to UGa, especially with the Fitz going home scenario.
    I think it is close to even with the home team getting a FG advantage but then you factor in playing after LSU and they shouldn't play their starters after halftime the previous week. I think that is the difference. The only thing that might push us to the win is Fitz going home and Grantham getting revenge. Sometimes that emotion pushes you past adversity. Dak playing very good at LSU could be what we see from Fitz. I just hope the defense isn't beat up from LSU and then have to tackle UGA's RBs for 4 quarters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Historically we've played like dog shit in Athens, although we always brought shit teams over there. So they expect to beat us, it's up to our players to prevent that. We'll see.

Auburn will get the calls and win late. If we come in there 0-2 in the league, it may be over early. If we come in 1-1 it will be one hell of a ball game.
    2-13 in Athens is pretty shitty. Keep in mind that most of those games were not in the modern SEC era (post expansion). We got blown out there in '97, the '06 game should have been a win, and '11 we had Relf with busted ribs with Russell unavailable with a knee. Our D had us in position to compete in '11 with 3 INTS - including Slay's pick six - and held UGA to a FG in the 2nd half (and only 10 pts total after the first). If Relf or Russell were 100%, we could have taken that game. I have no fear going into Athens.

Banned
    vCash
    When I read the thread title my mind automatically went to "auburn is in Georgia".

Funny thing State fans might not know about awbuin - Many people in our nation don't know where awbum is, and many people that don't live in the southeast think arburn is in Georgia. For example, when Penn State came to Tuscaloosa a few years back I met many PSU fans that were surprised to find out *u was in the state of Alabama. Their whole lives they believed otherwise. This wasn't the first or the last time this has happened.

Also, API (Alabama Polytechnic Institute), now referred to as all-barn university, is regularly called "the university of auburn" by recruits, commits, and even a player or two. Just yesterday *u had a running back commit to "the university of aubren". Lol. They don't even know where they are going to school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    When I read the thread title my mind automatically went to "auburn is in Georgia".

Funny thing State fans might not know about awbuin - Many people in our nation don't know where awbum is, and many people that don't live in the southeast think arburn is in Georgia. For example, when Penn State came to Tuscaloosa a few years back I met many PSU fans that were surprised to find out *u was in the state of Alabama. Their whole lives they believed otherwise. This wasn't the first or the last time this has happened.

Also, API (Alabama Polytechnic Institute), now referred to as all-barn university, is regularly called "the university of auburn" by recruits, commits, and even a player or two. Just yesterday *u had a running back commit to "the university of aubren". Lol. They don't even know where they are going to school.
    All the recruits that commit to the University of Ole Miss laugh at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post

AU ain't in Columbus, GA?

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    All the recruits that commit to the University of Ole Miss laugh at that.
    Lol! Awbum and OM have too many similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    AU ain't in Columbus, GA?

You know it is!
    Last edited by Token Bammer; 08-25-2017 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think it is close to even with the home team getting a FG advantage but then you factor in playing after LSU and they shouldn't play their starters after halftime the previous week. I think that is the difference. The only thing that might push us to the win is Fitz going home and Grantham getting revenge. Sometimes that emotion pushes you past adversity. Dak playing very good at LSU could be what we see from Fitz. I just hope the defense isn't beat up from LSU and then have to tackle UGA's RBs for 4 quarters.
    Well, I see Mullen putting more attention on this game for personal reasons too. If true that he really wanted the UGA job then this will be the "You should have hired me. I'm gonna whoop your ass" game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    2-13 in Athens is pretty shitty. Keep in mind that most of those games were not in the modern SEC era (post expansion). We got blown out there in '97, the '06 game should have been a win, and '11 we had Relf with busted ribs with Russell unavailable with a knee. Our D had us in position to compete in '11 with 3 INTS - including Slay's pick six - and held UGA to a FG in the 2nd half (and only 10 pts total after the first). If Relf or Russell were 100%, we could have taken that game. I have no fear going into Athens.
    Richt was nice to us in 2011. That score could have been much worse! We were dominated on the LOS all day. We couldn't do shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Richt was nice to us in 2011. That score could have been much worse! We were dominated on the LOS all day. We couldn't do shit.
    Righhhhht