Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT. Houston Texas

vCash

OT. Houston Texas

I'm leaving Starkville Friday morning headed to Houston to pick up a vehicle. What are some of the best restaurants to try out for dinner that night and maybe for breakfast Saturday morning?

vCash
    Well depending on what part of Houston you are in and how much you want to spend there are limitless options it's restaurant week so there are some great specials at the high end restaurants ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    I'm leaving Starkville Friday morning headed to Houston to pick up a vehicle. What are some of the best restaurants to try out for dinner that night and maybe for breakfast Saturday morning?
    You know a hurricane is on the way this weekend right? Other than that, if in West Houston you could try Taste of Texas Steakhouse. Depends on what you want to spend.

vCash
    Go to kolache factory and get a boudin kolache for breakfast Saturday.

For dinner.... tons of options.

Fancy, sit down type places (nice jeans, collared shirt) - Poscol (get meat/cheese plate - my favorite dish in all of Houston). Perrys Steakhouse (get the porkchop - best porkchop you will ever eat). B&B Butchers for a great steak.

Fast/casual - Pappasitos for Mexican (El Tiempo has great Mexican too). Lankfords for tremendous burgers (big, messy, and unique toppings). Maggianos is a good chain Italian restaurant.

Hope this helps

vCash
    Hugh said he's got some numbers for you. You'll be blown away.

vCash
    Thanks for the help fellas. Greatly appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Go to kolache factory and get a boudin kolache for breakfast Saturday.

For dinner.... tons of options.

Fancy, sit down type places (nice jeans, collared shirt) - Poscol (get meat/cheese plate - my favorite dish in all of Houston). Perrys Steakhouse (get the porkchop - best porkchop you will ever eat). B&B Butchers for a great steak.

Fast/casual - Pappasitos for Mexican (El Tiempo has great Mexican too). Lankfords for tremendous burgers (big, messy, and unique toppings). Maggianos is a good chain Italian restaurant.

Hope this helps
    I can vouch for the Perry's porkchop. Pappadeaux- Seafood, Pappasito's-Mexican.

vCash
    If you have time to stand in line for an hour go to The Breakfast Klub. It's a Houston tradition.

If you're into Mexican the Original Ninfa's is good. I also like Los Cucos.

For BBQ on the north side Gatlin's. On the south side Killen's. I think the owners of Gatlin's are originally from Mississippi.

Also on the northeast side near cypress is Catfish Station. The owner is from Greenwood or Greenville. Cant remember.

For whatever reason my mother-in-law is in love with Texas Roadhouse.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 08-23-2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: I meant Killen's. Heard of it but haven't been there yet.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Pay attention to that tropical storm too. Supposed to hit here early Friday morning and give us about 20" of rain over the weekend. Houston floods very easily, so it's easy to get stranded for a quite sometime if you're not careful. Houston sees flood related deaths on an annual basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If you have time to stand in line for an hour go to The Breakfast Klub. It's a Houston tradition.

If you're into Mexican the Original Ninfa's is good. I also like Los Cucos.

For BBQ on the north side Gatlin's. On the south side Skillern's. I think the owners of Gatlin's are originally from Mississippi.

Also on the northeast side near cypress is Catfish Station. The owner is from Greenwood or Greenville. Cant remember.
    I totally forgot BBQ recommendations. Killens in Pearland (south of town) is THE place to go. If you're on the north side, Corkscrew. If you're anywhere else, Rudys (chain, but fantastic).

vCash
    Pay attention to that tropical storm too. Supposed to hit here early Friday morning and give us about 20" of rain over the weekend. Houston floods very easily, so it's easy to get stranded for a quite sometime if you're not careful. Houston sees flood related deaths on an annual basis.
    ^^^^^THIS!!!!!!

When I first moved here in 2002 I thought I had found the lost city of Atlantis, the underwater city. If you see water on the road turn around. U turns are legal. Use them.

vCash
    I'll be sure and pack my floaties***

vCash
    I totally forgot BBQ recommendations. Killens in Pearland (south of town) is THE place to go. If you're on the north side, Corkscrew. If you're anywhere else, Rudys (chain, but fantastic).
    Rudy's has great meat. I love their sauce which is saying something in Texas. (Papa's BBQ has the most disgusting sauce ever. Avoid that place.) The problem with Rudy's is their lack of good sides.

As you can see I'm a foodie.

vCash
    I live in Houston. Perry's has a good steak. Killen's has good BBQ. Biscuit junkie or Snooze for brunch. My wife and I went to steak 48 for date night a few weeks back and it was in my top 3 for best ribeye steak I've ever had. But be prepared to spend 200+.

vCash
    Again thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm not sure what side of town I will be in until I get there. With that said after reading all of yalls suggestions I'm sure I'll come back to Vegas a few pounds heavier.

Banned
    vCash
    my best advice is find something close to where you will be. driving sux in Houston. two fold considering the weather you may be dealing with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    my best advice is find something close to where you will be. driving sux in Houston. two fold considering the weather you may be dealing with.
    Unfortunately I'm on call Saturday or I would be out in it. Between the flooding and the idiots it's going to be hell on the roads this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Rudy's has great meat. I love their sauce which is saying something in Texas. (Papa's BBQ has the most disgusting sauce ever. Avoid that place.) The problem with Rudy's is their lack of good sides.

As you can see I'm a foodie.
    Rudys BBQ sauce is fantastic. I usually get their pulled pork, but today I got the pork baby back ribs. So good. And their potato salad is tremendous, to me. Their beans do suck though. I hate ranch style beans though.

Banned
    vCash
    Rudys BBQ sauce is fantastic. I usually get their pulled pork, but today I got the pork baby back ribs. So good. And their potato salad is tremendous, to me. Their beans do suck though. I hate ranch style beans though.
    ever tried their cream corn?

vCash

Yes, we buy bottles of their sauce to keep at home.

I'm glad someone likes their potato salad because I hate IT AND the beans. I always end up getting the corn on the cob and the new potatoes slathered in butter not because I like it but because I don't like anything else.