Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't think it's cool

vCash

I don't think it's cool

That Bo Bounds is peddling Dan Mullen off to whatever program will have him. On his interview with Dan a Wolken he claimed that MSU fans (yes you) are worried that TAMU is coming for Mullen. Hello? I haven't heard that from any of our fans. Have you? Then later he talks about Mullen to Georgia, etc.

This is the problem with the MSU perception. We have media guys like Bo Bounds and Jake Wimberly (yes, you Bobby Meat because I know you read ED) that talk down State when having conversations with national media guys. This then reinforces the narrative that we are an "overachieving" program when we go 7-5 or 8-5. Meanwhile you would never hear OM or Auburn media take such a pessimistic stance on their team.

I'm not asking these guys to be homers and to predict State as NC contenders. I understand that they don't want to lose credibility but why must they run down State unnecessarily?

No one is talking about Mullen going anywhere because he is basically priced out. TAMU and Georgia wouldn't want to pay $5milliion a year for a coach that has done little more than Sumlin or Kirby Smart has
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I'm not worried about an SEC school. I think Norte Dame tanks under Kelly and that is a huge worry for me. I think Mullen is the perfect fit there. Established head coaches hire Jimmy Sexton for 2 reasons: (1) Maximize money at current stay or (2) Land an elite job. If MSU goes 7 wins or more and I'm Cohen, I try to get Mullen $5M. I think that's what it would take.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 08-22-2017 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Someone on here claimed Mullen would definitely leave for A&M just yesterday.

vCash
    Bo went on and on one morning about the awesome OM recruiting AFTER the 2nd NOA had dropped. Jackson quickly stepped in and said shouldn't we be placing a caveat to that b/c of the 2nd NOA dropping. Bo hemmed and hawed for about thirty seconds and responded with a sigh-laced I guess so. Really?! Bo was still kissing up to Freeze and om long after it was obvious heavy shit was going down in oxford.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Slive rule still in effect. He ain't going anywhere unless it's ND and we pay better than they do. Brian Kelly doesn't even make 2 mil a year. They are not offering ANYBODY over 4 mil. I agree that we should get Mullen to 5mil though.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Some of y'all just need to go rewatch the HailState Highlight from the beginning of the 2015 season titled "Noise". It is a recap of the 2014 season, and at the beginning of the 2014 season Mullen said "But at this point, we are right where we want to be."What he was meaning was that it doesn't matter what other people are saying. If someone wants Mullen, that's actually a good thing. We don't want a coach no one else wants. And he has been here for going on 9 years. They've been saying he was leaving since almost literally the day he was announced as our coach. Stop being chicken little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Slive rule still in effect. He ain't going anywhere unless it's ND and we pay better than they do. Brian Kelly doesn't even make 2 mil a year. They are not offering ANYBODY over 4 mil. I agree that we should get Mullen to 5mil though.
    An let's face it, ND ain't the prestigious job it once was. The college football landscape has changed drastically since those days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    An let's face it, ND ain't the prestigious job it once was. The college football landscape has changed drastically since those days.
    Very true. Days of them getting seven wins and being in the top ten are over. They may get the benefit of the doubt, but not as much as in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I'm not worried about an SEC school. I think Norte Dame tanks under Kelly and Thad is a huge worry for me. I think Mullen is the perfect fit there. Established head coaches hire Jimmy Sexton for 2 reasons: (1) Maximize money at current stay or (2) Land an elite job. If MSU goes 7 wins or more and I'm Cohen, I try to get Mullen $5M. I think that's what it would take.
    Note Dame is a prestigious job but not an elite job.

It's pretty guaranteed you'll be fired in 4-5 years.

Why not just stay at MSU and continue to build?

vCash
    I think ND hires Chip or Fleck.

Additionally, if Mullen were to go to ND, I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we just hired Kelly.

Kelly is a damn good coach. Notre Dame is just a near impossible job

vCash
    Happy wife. . . Happy Life

And the wife is happy in Starkvegas

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think ND hires Chip or Fleck.

Additionally, if Mullen were to go to ND, I wouldn't be all that disappointed if we just hired Kelly.

Kelly is a damn good coach. Notre Dame is just a near impossible job
    ND will never hire Chip Kelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    ND will never hire Chip Kelly.
    I think Chip Kelly winds up at Texas A&M after this year. That's a better fit imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    Some of y'all just need to go rewatch the HailState Highlight from the beginning of the 2015 season titled "Noise". It is a recap of the 2014 season, and at the beginning of the 2014 season Mullen said "But at this point, we are right where we want to be."What he was meaning was that it doesn't matter what other people are saying. If someone wants Mullen, that's actually a good thing. We don't want a coach no one else wants. And he has been here for going on 9 years. They've been saying he was leaving since almost literally the day he was announced as our coach. Stop being chicken little.
    Exactly!!!

Where else could Mullen drag Hev without the boosters forcing him to fire him. We pay well and we play big boy football. Plus, if he leaves his legacy is forever stained that he could never beat Saban. I think that's important to him to.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Exactly!!!

Where else could Mullen drag Hev without the boosters forcing him to fire him. We pay well and we play big boy football. Plus, if he leaves his legacy is forever stained that he could never beat Saban. I think that's important to him to.
    Why do we want to keep him then? We wouldn't have such an easy thing to bitch about constantly. Will we EVER beat that horse to death?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    vCash
    I used to get worked up about this, but certain things just make it true. Nothing you can do about it. Should we control our message a little better? Sure, but it only helps so much. We need to go to work on the big stuff - making the state of MS better for people to come and live (thus ensuring the flow of future students, fans and alumni, and money to the University).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    That Bo Bounds is peddling Dan Mullen off to whatever program will have him. On his interview with Dan a Wolken he claimed that MSU fans (yes you) are worried that TAMU is coming for Mullen. Hello? I haven't heard that from any of our fans. Have you? Then later he talks about Mullen to Georgia, etc.

This is the problem with the MSU perception. We have media guys like Bo Bounds and Jake Wimberly (yes, you Bobby Meat because I know you read ED) that talk down State when having conversations with national media guys. This then reinforces the narrative that we are an "overachieving" program when we go 7-5 or 8-5. Meanwhile you would never hear OM or Auburn media take such a pessimistic stance on their team.

I'm not asking these guys to be homers and to predict State as NC contenders. I understand that they don't want to lose credibility but why must they run down State unnecessarily?

No one is talking about Mullen going anywhere because he is basically priced out. TAMU and Georgia wouldn't want to pay $5milliion a year for a coach that has done little more than Sumlin or Kirby Smart has
    I agree. Bo has gotten better, but his love affair with pimping Mullen for every job opening is annoying, and comes across as pretty silly too considering he's the only one really saying it. You'd think he was working with Dan's agent to create a false sense of programs desiring Dan to help him get paid.

We've got a good thing right now, Bo....quit trying to help end it.

vCash
    A&M would have the same defensive woes under Mullen that they have under Sumlin. In other words, A&M would still lose to most of the same teams that it's been losing to recently. Defense is still very soft in former Big-12 country.

Few coaches in the scape can win at ND like they want. Few coaches.

vCash
    You know this for a fact?? I have friends and family in S'ville and they never see either of the ******* out at events, dining, etc...

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Note Dame is a prestigious job but not an elite job.
    THIS^^
    No Signature