Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injury in Training Camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    If you've been reading this board or the pack for more than a month you should know that it's a requirement for folks to melt down about SOMETHING every year. Bonus points are awarded when the meltdown happens before the first game is even played. Extra points are also awarded when blaming Mullen or Hevesy.
    How many NFL teams have rosters below the max 53? I did the research for you, it is zero. No team can afford to be at a roster disadvantage but we seem to stay that way. A lot of people overreact but this isn't an opinion that sending Holloway up the middle might be a good play. We are playing with less players than Bama, LSU, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC. You might see one of those teams give a walk on a scholarship every once in a while but we consistently have below a full roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Maybe they were waiting until we could actually recruit worth a flip before going with full classes.***

No use of having a roster full of players that we will later need to "process" ( I hate that term. Call it what it is: kicking a guy off the team and usually out of your school).
    Ron Polk meet John Cohen. Baseball has been doing it forever but now a lot of football teams do it as well. Just look at Bama and Michigan for examples.

vCash
    My melts are rarely meaningless. I had Abrams as an immediate impact player this year. Like HUGE help in the secondary. That sucks big time! If he has to miss LSU and Georgia, I'd definitely redshirt him, if for no other reason to give him the necessary time to heal properly.

I absolutely hate knee injuries. It seems that very few ever come back 100%, and those that do are prone to re-injury.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    How many NFL teams have rosters below the max 53? I did the research for you, it is zero. No team can afford to be at a roster disadvantage but we seem to stay that way. A lot of people overreact but this isn't an opinion that sending Holloway up the middle might be a good play. We are playing with less players than Bama, LSU, Auburn, and the rest of the SEC. You might see one of those teams give a walk on a scholarship every once in a while but we consistently have below a full roster.
    Not to get in the middle of you guys back & forth but Auburn just gave 6 scholarships to walkons last week because they were that far under the 85.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    So we signed all those JUCOS and except for Sweat we will get impacts from basically none of them until later in the year if at all.

And we will have 71 healthy players (max) available against Charleston Southern. The roster management by our staff has left a hell of a lot to be desired over the past 2 recruiting classes. I hope the 2018 class remedies that situation to stop the bleeding.
    Congrats HSV...

vCash
    If you've been reading this board or the pack for more than a month you should know that it's a requirement for folks to melt down about SOMETHING every year. Bonus points are awarded when the meltdown happens before the first game is even played. Extra points are also awarded when blaming Mullen or Hevesy.
    Spot on...rep given!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not to get in the middle of you guys back & forth but Auburn just gave 6 scholarships to walkons last week because they were that far under the 85.
    First, 79 > 73, which is where we were before the two latest injuries. Not a valid comparison.

Second, if this was a one year phenomenon, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. This is the 3rd year in a row where we have not even come close to fielding a full roster, and the problem has gotten worse every year. 80 in 2015, 77 in 2016 (before Staley transferred), and now 73 this year. It's a really bad trend, BUT, again, it looks like corrective actions have been taken based on our current class size. So that is encouraging. Still might have to bite the bullet this season though if there are more injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I absolutely hate knee injuries. It seems that very few ever come back 100%, and those that do are prone to re-injury.
    If it really is just torn meniscus, then it is typically a minor surgery with a quick recovery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    Robbie on 24/7 is claiming Abram will miss some games due to a meniscus injury SMMFH
    Dammit, that one hurts
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I have confidence in Brandon Bryant and Mark McLaurin. Let's not forget that JT Gray is going to play some safety as well. Losing Abrams will hurt- but it's hardly a season destroying injury.

vCash
    yep, I read them. It is like some MSU fans just can't wait for something semi-bad to happen to freak out. It is 17ing football all teams have injuries and Yes, some newcomers don't make it in. Do people think this only happens at State. Chill out, we are going to win 9 games. State has more crybaby fans that any team in the SEC.